Anyone watches "The Unit"?

Forrester

There is a US series on dutch television called The unit, about delta-force operations Some very nice firefights, operations and above all nice set-ups for GRAW mods (would like to see some of these fights/situations worked out) gives nice insight in fighting with a small group of special forces agains big numbers of enemies....

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_unit/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460690/

and so on......

Edited by Forrester

Yeah it's a big hit here in the U.S. as well Forrester. Me and a friend have thought about doing maps similar to each episode but my friend doesn't have as much time on his hands as I do and he's the AI mastermind. And unfortunately Novalogic's making a game based on The Unit. Like every other game they'll probably butcher it. Although their 200 person fanbase would probably disagree with me on that. I think this is a discussion for the general off-topc thread here. Not real-world military.

its good for a show i suppose since they have to keep coming up with new ideas everyweek, probably have a limited budget and making a truly realistic show doesnt always appeal to the average TV watcher

well it's based on a book, and after they have used that book up it's up to eric haney to come with more ideas from his experience.

I tend to take US books about special forces with a grain of salt, but eric haney seems to be quit near the truth.

I loved the books about sas operations in the gulf, especially since different members of the sas wrote books about the same missions so you can filter out how it would have been. One tells more about tactics and covert ops, the other tells more about the atmosphere and the third tels about the wepons used and training etc.....

I can only hope garw2 will be as moddable as [GR] was..... :ph34r:

HA!.......the show's obismal with a capital "O". I watched the end of this week's episode on CBS and I could have written a better script;

A drunken-trained-with-the-Rangers-passenger-on-a-mysterious-private-jet-who's-trying-to

-land-the-said-jet-as-the-pilot-was-killed-by-'they', and.....who'll only talk to a member of 'The Unit' as he was an ex Ranger, "blah, blah, blah." And towards the end the character [played by Al from 'Married with Children' of all people!] is saying to one of 'The Unit' "I have to tell you my real name." 'The Unit' read between the lines and knew that he'd 'trained' with the Rangers and therefore was black-ops-hardcore-uproar.

Add all that intertwined with some racial morale issues as 'The Unit's' [black] boss talks to his recently returned 'angry' nephew from Iraq..........it all makes for ###### poor TV.

The show should be called 'The Un'f'it'..for television. See what I did there? :)

Anyway.......there's another series just started that hopefully should crash and burn too.....'Army Wives'. Good grief......it's 'Footballers Wives' take on Iraq. :)

DS

HA!.......the show's obismal with a capital "O". I watched the end of this week's episode on CBS and I could have written a better script;

Funny, since Abysmal starts win an a. :P

:rofl: .......I could have wrotten something clever here........but I'll confess I thought it looked wrong and didn't bother checking.

DS