Americas Army....by redstorm official..

5timechamp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there's a reason for the US only thing. Not just someone trying to cut the rest of the world out of it.

Five bucks says that there is some kind of quirky agreement language from the US Army side that prevents global distribution.

I dont know why they didnt just come up with a new name erm thinks for a second "Elite Forces"?

Use the Graw engine, and some Graw images and models and steal the rest from AA, and better it.

Then you can sell world wide.

I dont know why they didnt just come up with a new name erm thinks for a second "Elite Forces"?

Use the Graw engine, and some Graw images and models and steal the rest from AA, and better it.

Then you can sell world wide.

It might have something to do with the coversion to PAL and SECAM from NTSC.

Where does it say that this is definitely the case that it won't be distributed globally anyway.

Edited by MAX419

it doesnt say why Europe are not getting it?

And I thought UBI was all about making the dough, Why on earth would you not sell worldwide? unless they have to comply with licensing? or something daft. in that case they should have just come out with a different name and made another shooter and not try to rely on the AA name to sell.

Not to change the subject of global distribution but...

I found what may possibly be (for me) the first dent in the armor for this title....V-Sync issues! :(

I downloaded the trailer from Gametrailers.com as a Quicktime file. I then watched parts of it to see if I could make out what the opfor were going to look like...and there it was...a great big screen tear. I truthfully hope that this is due to the compression codec they used to make the trailer and not indicative of how the game will play.

There was a huge improvement between GRAW1 & GRAW2 concerning this. I just hope that the same adjustments can be made before this title ships!!! :thumbsup:

I guess the real reason it's being produced only on the 360 is that it targets the er target demography more acurately.

Many PC gamers are a bit older then the idea 18-21 year olds that the army is interested in but a bigger percentage of console gamer are either that age or will be in a few years.

I guess the real reason it's being produced only on the 360 is that it targets the er target demography more acurately.

Many PC gamers are a bit older then the idea 18-21 year olds that the army is interested in but a bigger percentage of console gamer are either that age or will be in a few years.

I think they are also continuing to upgrade the free PC version. The next one v3 using the Unreal3 Technology.