Bubble System

What is the radius for the bubble system? Is the radius drawn from the objective, or from a player (if I place C4 on ADAT a, then run for cover before detonating, do I become the center of the bubble until I hit X, or is the ADAT still the center of the bubble)?

The "bubble" is a zone placed around the ADATS. At the time a player is done attaching a C4, the game stores which other players of the team are inside the "bubble" and the VP are awarded to them once the C4 is detonated no matter where they, or the player holding the detonator, are at that time.

The "bubble" is a zone placed around the ADATS. At the time a player is done attaching a C4, the game stores which other players of the team are inside the "bubble" and the VP are awarded to them once the C4 is detonated no matter where they, or the player holding the detonator, are at that time.
That is a great way to handle the scoring! It allows the destruction of ADAT's to be done in a diversionary manner while still allowing participating players to get credit! :thumbsup: to whoever thought of that!

BTW, is the radius fixed, or set by the map maker?

i wonder..can we ultimately setup a certain amount of adats? if i want my map to have just one adat, can I do so?

this would lend to some intense and i do mean INTENSE defense/attack gaming if there were 1 ADAT. what a hellofva juggernaut for gameplay that would make.

But can I setup the map for just one Adat and have the airstrike attack after it is destroyed? if not, can you guys allow for a varying amount of ADATS from 1-3? some like the three, while my taste isn't 3. :thumbsup:

Added: as I write this, on calavera for example, where the huge wharehouse is that we climb the scaffolding, theres that ADAT in the bowl in the east of the map, one adat there would make for some great hellacious firefights. bullets and bodies everywhere.

Edited by Papa6

i wonder..can we ultimately setup a certain amount of adats? if i want my map to have just one adat, can I do so?

this would lend to some intense and i do mean INTENSE defense/attack gaming if there were 1 ADAT. what a hellofva juggernaut for gameplay that would make.

But can I setup the map for just one Adat and have the airstrike attack after it is destroyed? if not, can you guys allow for a varying amount of ADATS from 1-3? some like the three, while my taste isn't 3. :thumbsup:

Added: as I write this, on calavera for example, where the huge wharehouse is that we climb the scaffolding, theres that ADAT in the bowl in the east of the map, one adat there would make for some great hellacious firefights. bullets and bodies everywhere.

1 ADAT would make a mode very similar to Siege in my eyes. Besides having an ADAT instead of a zone and the airstrike if the attacking side wins.

Am I wrong here?

I think PAPA6 (& me) is wondering what the range of ADAT's that can be placed (how many in a map when designing is it restricted or open? for example 1 min to max ?? (6) ADATS... your question.

Grin?

As of now there is always 3 adats on an RVSA map. The number of adats is defined within the rvsa_rules.xml which defines the gamemode. We wanted some options for this gamemode, but not to many. In order to define a new gamemode some things should be consistent, so players can actually learn and feel secure in knowing what playing at an RVSA-game means. However... you make a copy of the rvsa_rules, and mod your own custom gamemode, allowing 1 or 17 adats ;)

-GeckoGore

I think PAPA6 (& me) is wondering what the range of ADAT's that can be placed (how many in a map when designing is it restricted or open? for example 1 min to max ?? (6) ADATS... your question.

Grin?

The original game mode is built and scripted for 3 ADATS only. No more or less.

I don't think adding more of them would be a good idea as it would only divide the assault team more and make it easier for the recon team to force their way into taking a large amount of ADATS and gaining a lot of VP. A lower amount could be interesting but as I said the 1 ADATS version would be siege but both only one side can respawn, which will most likely give a faster game mode which I don't think can be balanced very well. So that leaves 2 ADATS. That could be interesting, but I still can't see the need for it int he original game as there is both RvsA and Siege to choose from for different intensity.

Besides that, take a look in the mission script for RvsA. I'm sure the modding community will be able to add or remove to the original number quite soon.

EDIT: GeckoGore got a post in while I was writing and deciding how much I should say. And he say more then me. :P

well the problem I have had with the RVA gametype is inherent from the fact that players coming in later spend more time trying to run for an ADAT across the map. the others could be dead and it feels too much like BF2 is light comparison. It's more like a pseudo-siege but with more objects to defend.

I just don't have too much fun with it. but Grin, that's no reason to scrap that gametype. some really like it.

perhaps, just an after thought Grin, maybe we can insert a ADAT instead of a smoke or a zone? I don't know, just trying to throw some ideas to you guys...FOR FREE! :rofl:

well the problem I have had with the RVA gametype is inherent from the fact that players coming in later spend more time trying to run for an ADAT across the map. the others could be dead and it feels too much like BF2 is light comparison. It's more like a pseudo-siege but with more objects to defend.

I just don't have too much fun with it. but Grin, that's no reason to scrap that gametype. some really like it.

perhaps, just an after thought Grin, maybe we can insert a ADAT instead of a smoke or a zone? I don't know, just trying to throw some ideas to you guys...FOR FREE! :rofl:

Late arrivals will have a good chance at teh last ADAT though, sicne they'll spawn where the ghosts just detonated a C4 charge. Often this will collect the ghost team for a good final assault on the last ADAT.

And while we're talking about ADATs

at the office we managed to palce C4 on all ADATs (and this wasn't planned, we just split the team really nicely)

and then we detonated them with 1 second delay...

Total humiliation!

:D

Actually, I thought about that. I'd say "no" because when you go to place your second C4, you'd have to hit "X", thereby detonating your first C4. But it would be cool :yes:

Maybe Grin could fix this?

Like "cancel" detonation if you're up close to another ADAT, like within 1m.