Re: "extra Grenades, kit loadout a bit low ?"

Also, can we bring extra Frags? Currently, the kit out options are a bit low, I assume that this is for the demo only?

Semper Fi!!!

Grenade spam was a bit of an issue in the beta (judging from this statement) so I guess the devs decisded to reduce the amount of grenades, which was a good move IMO. I bet we will see the same amount of grenades in the full version.

Also thanks to the beta testers, here are some suggested improvements that have been taken into account by the developers:

Redefined game balance : weapons & ammunitions stock with, for instance : Less grenades in the inventory & less power for the grenade launcher.

Grenade spamming is a pet hate, reserved for nubbies, Grin tried to address the issue with the ability to switch off classes of weapons like Frag_grenades, GL, sniper etc.... What I'd like to see would be the ability to restrict the number of grenades you can load out with from MAX to Zero. Of course every server sets what they feel is the best for their players.

But I wonder if it will be GRAW1 all over again as far as grenades go... ?

GRIN:

Great, great MP demo. Well done indeed! The recoil is spot on!!! And the sound is fanfukntastic. This game will be a MP hit like RVS and GR1.

Onto my question. How many Frags / 40mm can you carry in the full MP Version? Are we going to be locked into the 'weapons class options?' If so, can't we choose if we'd like to have extra frags, or a silencer for our backup?

I know that you wanted to avoid a 'nade-fest,' but realistically, as a former Marine, you can easily carry 2-3 frags /40 mm before they become overly cumbersome. On that note, if the GL gets two 40mm, it seems only balanced to give two frags too.

Again, well done.

Semper Fi.

R_45

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

I'm no expert with hand grenades nor have i thrown a grenade irl but can i ask a real life soldier or anyone who has served as a soldier in real warfare something ...do hand grenades bounce like rubber balls in real life, that probably sounds daft but in graw2 demo i find if i chuck one it can bounce all over the shop, if i low throw and let it roll it also bounces like a hyper active crackhead on a pogo stick.

VERY happy to see limited gernades!!!! and Fixed Classes....no more GRAW where everyone is a super soldier with a scoped silenced heavy rifle and 4 nades and 4 203s....

people actually have to work together now!

an extra smoke could be handy though ;).

I have to admint, i like at least 4-6 grenades with me. Takes a couple to flush out a rat sometimes. But the spamming is more important on day to day servers.

But as said above, you will be able to mod your own server setup.

Tinker

:shifty:

I'm no expert with hand grenades nor have i thrown a grenade irl but can i ask a real life soldier or anyone who has served as a soldier in real warfare something ...do hand grenades bounce like rubber balls in real life, that probably sounds daft but in graw2 demo i find if i chuck one it can bounce all over the shop, if i low throw and let it roll it also bounces like a hyper active crackhead on a pogo stick.

I hate that too. GRAW had exactly same problem, acurate rolling greandes is almost imposible, throwing is a bit funny, especially when the nade hits and obstacle, I wount even say it acts like rubber ball because its more like rubber cube, it bounces in random directions.

I hate that too. GRAW had exactly same problem, acurate rolling greandes is almost imposible, throwing is a bit funny, especially when the nade hits and obstacle, I wount even say it acts like rubber ball because its more like rubber cube, it bounces in random directions.

Hahaha! i'm not the only one who seen it then, i thought my physX card had gone crazy.

Are we going to be locked into the 'weapons class options?

(Most) MP modes uses kits as seen in the demo and beta, like GR1 does. So modders should be able to add or change the default kits as per each servers requests.

Thanks for the reply Wolf. So, bascially what you see is what you get as far being 'kitted out.' One frag is just so little...one tiny baby frag...not to be wasted...hmmm.

What MP modes will allow options for kits?

Again, great job on the game. Really like the demo (minus the stingy nade handout) :D

perhaps the truth is that Grinners kept hurting themselves with all those nades!?! :whistle:

In Coop, yes. :P

We played a Campaign Coop game about a month back where me and Brimstone where about to go through a door hole and clean out a large room, the other two team members had taken another way in from the side at that time so they where safe from what was about to happen at our end. All I really remember was going first and then hearing an M61 hit the door frame a few meters in front of me and an "Ops! Look out!" or something like that. I tried to run but we both got blown away. It was an hilarious situation as both the others got kills at about the same time due to us not coming out and diverting the enemies attention so everyone did go at them.

I hope that will teach some people to be careful when using grenades in narrow spaces. lol.

Ihope for SP and CoOp they do not limit the Basic Load for grenades like MP. I for one like to use them as they were intended and find it stupid that I can't carry the Basic load out.

Don't like them much for MP, Just have a server option that either limits or eliminates grenades.

I noted this in the feedback thread but...

anyway you can set throw and roll gernade to a toggle instead of angle....americas army does this and it makes throwing a gernade and rolling one much easier and actually faster....set it to the fireselect button or something?

In Coop, yes. :P

We played a Campaign Coop game about a month back where me and Brimstone where about to go through a door hole and clean out a large room, the other two team members had taken another way in from the side at that time so they where safe from what was about to happen at our end. All I really remember was going first and then hearing an M61 hit the door frame a few meters in front of me and an "Ops! Look out!" or something like that. I tried to run but we both got blown away. It was an hilarious situation as both the others got kills at about the same time due to us not coming out and diverting the enemies attention so everyone did go at them.

I hope that will teach some people to be careful when using grenades in narrow spaces. lol.

What you failed to mention though was that we were being filmed for a web documentary at that time.

:D

I will not advice using an over the head lob with a grenade, indoors, with a team mate in front of me...

lesson learned.

Rolling them is probably much safer... (between his legs, giving him a good scare)

A general note on all the grenade-talks here:

We've taken the efficiency and the amount down, simple due to balance.

Things turned out really bad before, and multiplayer turned into something really boring.

(Believe it or not - but we don't want that... we want fun fun fun)

However - for the modders out there who feel that they want to have a different game balance -

a map can have custom made kit setting files attached to them - which means you can make your own "I can't move cause I have a huge pile of nades, and four rocketlaunchers - and an extra Zeus just because...." weapon set

(that is.. if you wish)

Some OGRcoop maps have for example, specific anti-tank kits... for that mission only.

For now, we want a good base balance - and then we'll see if perhaps additional tuning can be opened up for the server.

But as I read someone say up above somewhere...

The current settings actually make people Co-operate - and that is a really good feature in a multiplayer game mode.

Cheers people!

^^^the cooperation effect is indeed noted and TOTALLY appreciated...my clan members and I have been mixing our kits and running together...it has a BIG effect and makes games much much more fun and interesting than in GRAW1, where you could be a lone running gun man, able to pick off targets after a sprint with full auto from the hip and lob 3 nades into the distant spwan for extra kills.

whereas in the demo of GRAW2 my buddy and I have our demo kits and are thinking...damn if only we had a smoke gernade, and then comes our buddy with assault to help us rush those pesky m99 snipers.

However - for the modders out there who feel that they want to have a different game balance -

a map can have custom made kit setting files attached to them - which means you can make your own "I can't move cause I have a huge pile of nades, and four rocketlaunchers - and an extra Zeus just because...." weapon set

:zorro:

That`s for me, oh yes

Tinker

(that is.. if you wish)

well, atleast Grin are thinking about us and having fun. i remember with [GR] making a OICW have 9999 nades and shoot them 30 at a time. that was a rush!

But even having some fun with messing around can be fun too. :rofl: