Is GR 1 dead?

Velocity

Hello hello, long time no see.

not been on here for ages, but recently dug out my old decrepid computer and started playing some games again. Found ghost recon, started playing single player missions. Still love it! fantastic game! Thought i would download gamespy and have a whack at multiplayer, just like the good old days..... but there's no-one on, not a single person. Does no-one play GR 1 anymore? or no-one use gamespy anymore? When i left it it had a thriving community of people running around with SA80's and OICW's plastering each other and redecoracting the maps with spent shells and blood. Now i can only run around on my own in co-op games... whats happened to muliplayer GR1? Has the newer games taken away all the original games players?

there are still ppl using gamespy but it has decreased as for GR1 being dead NO its not you have only got to look at the mods still being released since Christmas CENTCOM, USMC Force Recon And UKSF just to name a few and there are more to be released soon, :thumbsup: there are still team playing GR :yes:

Theres around 100 fellas on XFire rite now playing...(5pm ET)

Most popular have no mods activated..Some TvT and coop.

If u dont have xfire just dl it..it worth the couple mbs..

Have fun. :support:

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard many say it's dying.

I've heard many say pigs can fly. But it just doesn't mean a thing now does it? What people say and what is actually happening are two completely different things in this case.

If people want an answer to the question: 'Is GR 1 dead?', the answer is right in front of them. All they need to do is wake the ###### up and open their eyes, that is where the answer is.

well i bought island thunder off of amazon marketplace for £3.59 including delivery. Installed it, completed it and been playing online on xfire flr a few days now. really enjoying it, missed it, its good fun. do any of you play on xfire? and if so, whats your username - i'll add you to my friends list and we can have a game sometime :)

I've heard many say it's dying.

I've heard many say pigs can fly. But it just doesn't mean a thing now does it? What people say and what is actually happening are two completely different things in this case.

If people want an answer to the question: 'Is GR 1 dead?', the answer is right in front of them. All they need to do is wake the ###### up and open their eyes, that is where the answer is.

Trust me, if there's a resurgence, I'd love to see it.

the imminent departure of "WytchDokta" to GRAW2 I just could not resist.

I wouldn't say that, it's necessarily the case (bear in mind that my superunderpowerful rig cannot run GRAW2 at the moment anyway). Yes, I'm departing the GR1 modding scene, but at this stage not to GRAW2. I'm moving on to bigger & better things that's for sure.

I was out in Yorkshire England today and saw

pig1.gif

So that's the GRAW2 drone model looks like.

Edited by WytchDokta

Well defiantly dying – Look at ubi – seems to be just a bunch of ‘run and shoot’ guys on servers running super weapon mods like da49 and hx5 and 'live forever' settings. Mods and settings for amateurs with no finesse I would say. And no one seems to visit a good coop server as the Alpha server now days. Yes defiantly dying I must say. All pro coop multiplayer operators moving to ArmA or just waiting and hoping for Graw2 to be the next pro coop multiplayer game. Last major initiative was 9ManSquad’s GR1 Fun Day in April. More initiatives like that or [GR] will be fading away…