Is my headset good enough?

I'm currently playing from onboard sound via a head set and whilst I think the sound is cool, I keep reading about how much better 5.1 sound is in the game: footstep etc...

It sounds like it would be a real benefit to me to go for a 5.1 card to enhance the quality of my gameplay. I have really good headset so I now it can come through with the goods, I just need to match that with the right card.

Budgets tight, the wife is leting me have £30 / $60, what should i go for?

wot you need is an Creative’s Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro and some M-Audio IE-20 XB Professional Reference 'In-Ear' Earphones with Extended Bass

you can hear an ant fart at 200mtrs away

yeah but you wont be able to see it as its out your draw distance

Edited by {B:P:R}Joker

wot you need is an Creative’s Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro and some M-Audio IE-20 XB Professional Reference 'In-Ear' Earphones with Extended Bass

I have a plantronics audio 350 headset. As this isn't the m-audio set you recommended ( I can't risk trying to get new headset too) is there another card that will compensate for the difference? I guess it's a mix of the two bits and a really good card plus ok headset is equal to a good card + good headset???

wot you need is an Creative�€™s Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro and some M-Audio IE-20 XB Professional Reference 'In-Ear' Earphones with Extended Bass

yeah but you wont be able to see it as its out your draw distance

But will a better card make the draw distance ok?

Edited by FatmanDaz

if am not useing headphones the speaker system i use is Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1Ch THX Certified Speaker System this rocks the trailer but then i get complaints from the trailer next door, i would recomend this anytime.

if am not useing headphones the speaker system i use is Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1Ch THX Certified Speaker System this rocks the trailer but then i get complaints from the trailer next door, i would recomend this anytime.

I think your trailer is confusing things. As I'm in a house I guess the sound is going to be different as my walls are structuraly more solid that a trailer, so the acoustics would be different. Again i think this means I can get away with a lower range of product, so saving me some cash?