Field of view / Widescreen issue

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always stated that I trust GRiN to support their products (they truly impressed me with their series of summer patches on GRAW1) and I believe they have exhibited exemplary integrity in their ongoing communications with us.

So I feel somewhat bad about saying what I am about to say. Becuase it represents an unexpected change in my position from previous posts...

However,

I will not purchase GRAW2 PC unless the widescreen/FOV issue is resolved to some level of satisfaction.

I can longer play the demo due to the zoomed in feel and limited field of view. I can no longer tolerate the demo and I am am certain I could not play the new game with out this change.

But I have faith in GRiN. My gut tells me that they know this issue has risen to the top of the pile for people. there are other issues I hope to see fixed as well, but this one is a deal breaker for me.

The good news is that I would bet large dollars that they will fix this.

I will not purchase GRAW2 PC unless the widescreen/FOV issue is resolved to some level of satisfaction.

I can longer play the demo due to the zoomed in feel and limited field of view. I can no longer tolerate the demo and I am am certain I could not play the new game with out this change.

I have cancelled my pre-order until we get some word that this issue is fixed ...

I can't play it with the cut down view ... it just feels wrong ... :(

No need to apologize snuffy.

I have come to the same conclusion.

But my gut tells me they are working on it as we speak (or they ahve already fixed it and its in teh first patch)

But that is just my gut. I have no inside info. I'm just going off their actions of last summer, showing pretty strong concern with people's issues on GRAW1.

We are looking into this issue, that's all I can say at the moment.

No offense but look harder. This issue will determine if I shuck out 60 bones for this game or wait till it's 15 bucks in the bargain bin.

GRiN,

No disrespect here, but I gotta agree with Buffalo... I have nice 1680x1050 resolution for a reason... I'm still ###### to find BF2 doesn't work correctly in Widescreen but I swallow that one given the age of the game.

No widescreen for GRAW2 means no $60 from me... to be missing that functionality in 2007 is just plain wrong.

Hope you guys nail this one before you go Gold... bad widescreen support will go quickly over the web after people start installing....

-jk

Callsign ThreePoint