Field of view / Widescreen issue

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put everyone's mind to rest!

TrueWS-Grin.gif

:thumbsup:

Kudos to GRiN for delivering! Hope to hear about more details soon!

With GRIN's excellent implementation of widescreen in GRAW1, I was pretty sure they'd follow through with this for GRAW2.

Strange. I posted a reply earlier today asking if we can get some screenshots to ensure that the WS issue is actually resolved. My post apparently has disappeared over the past five hours.

My point still stands - I applaud GRiN for tackling the issue... this isn't about being an idiot... I'd just like to get some before and after screenshots so I can see for myself that the issue is resolved. I am hoping it is and we can scratch this issue off our list and look forward to a solid product...

-jk

Strange. I posted a reply earlier today asking if we can get some screenshots to ensure that the WS issue is actually resolved. My post apparently has disappeared over the past five hours.
Paddywack made a similar request, which is still there. Yours was probably deleted because it resulted in a back-and-forth that could have been interpreted as OT or, more likely, a bit vitriolic. Not that your post was either, but I am referring rather to the follow-up.

Edit:

Also, if it makes you feel any better, my posts are quite heavily moderated :)

Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

While we are at the widescreen issue, when playing the original Graw it feelt like the fov was to small, compared to other games it feelt like you where running around zoomed in. Will the fov be increased to eliminate the the zoomed in feeling, I am allmost becoming lost when going up and down stairs to take that as an example.

While we are at the widescreen issue, when playing the original Graw it feelt like the fov was to small, compared to other games it feelt like you where running around zoomed in. Will the fov be increased to eliminate the the zoomed in feeling, I am allmost becoming lost when going up and down stairs to take that as an example.

Widescreen of FOV are aspects (pardon the obvious pun) of game development that simply should not be a mystery in 2007.

I'm running at 1680x1050 and [GR], bless it's soul, recognizes the resolution and I'm good. The FOV is a bit off, but I think it's handling the WS a lot better than GRAW or even BF2 does. (DO NOT get me started on how poor a job EA and DiCE did with BF2 WS support... there's a poster child for a bad situation).

-jk

[GR] recognizes the WS resolutions, but it doesn't handle it properly. GRAW 1 handled WS way better than [GR], but [GR] still handles WS better than BF2 (pretty much any game that allows for custom resolutions does).

Edited by Nutlink

[GR] recognizes the WS resolutions, but it doesn't handle it properly. GRAW 1 handled WS way better than [GR], but [GR] still handles WS better than BF2 (pretty much any game that allows for custom resolutions does).

I'm not sure about that (regarding [GR]). I was just playing last night and yes, it recognized the 1680x1050 res, but looking at the screen (compared to 1280x1024) I think it handles it better than GRAW. Could be I need new glasses. :D

I have absolutely ZERO problems playing on my WS monitor. I played 3+ hours the first night without so much as a burp.

Hey mate, can you throw us your resolution and in game settings please..... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

TrueWS-Grin.gif

Personally, I never doubted GRIN a bit.......I knew that would do a proper job this time. Now that they have more say this time that is..... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

I have absolutely ZERO problems playing on my WS monitor. I played 3+ hours the first night without so much as a burp.

Hey mate, can you throw us your resolution and in game settings please..... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

TrueWS-Grin.gif

Personally, I never doubted GRIN a bit.......I knew that would do a proper job this time. Now that they have more say this time that is..... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

Call me a skeptic, but until I see true WS / FOV working in the game, I'm going to doubt it. At some point we will be able to see screen shots and I hope the fix is in... believe me. I think a lot of people would actually make sure they DON'T buy this game if GRiN hoses up WS support.

-jk