PhysX lockup

Hi all

Does anyone else get system lockup after about 20 mins of play. If i disable the physX card it works fine this happened on the beta allso and doesnt happen with GRAW1 / Infernal / Monster madness have the drivers installed that came with the demo for the physx card.

Specs : Amd x 2 4600

Ati x1950xtx 512 / 7.4 cal / 3 gig / 128 physx / xp home sp2 /

Auto detect in GRAW 2 all settings high, no AA , 1024 x 768 tryed physx card on all settings, currantly running low and shadows on med.

Cant run ati 7.5 theres a bug where they dont display 1440 x 900 res which is my desktop settings.

Cheers

Not had a system lock up myself with the demo, is that a system wide bug with the ati cat 7.5?, what i mean is have you come across other ati users who have the same issues with those drivers? have you tried any previous ati drivers?. This problem you're having with the physx lockup, if it was me i would uninstall / remove the graw2 demo , remove the ageia drivers, clean up the hard drive a bit, like look for leftover files etc, probably defrag hdd too, then i would install the latest drivers from ageia, if you look over the ageia driver section you will see some previous drivers you can download. I once had a problem in graw single player and i reckon it was the physx 7.05.06 drivers? i'm not 100% sure, so i tried previous drivers and they worked ok. But oddly enough i have reinstalled the 7.05.06 systemsoftware a while back and i have no problems running graw or the graw2 demo.

Forgot to mention but i'm sure you have checked to make sure 4pin power lead is connected to physx card, you could also right click on the ageia icon and in physx properties settings and reset the card, start extended diagnostics.

Ta for the reply =warcloud=

The 7.5 drivers theres a good few people reporting the widescreen problem ? Ill try older drivers for the physx and see but it only happens with graw2 :wall: beta & demo.

Im getting a lockup freeze have to reboot ! cpu has a big cooling fan and have 550 psu. I'll try different drivers of ageia

Cheers

Edited by Heno1

Did you reset the ageia physx card in the ageia physx properties or start extended diagnostics, by doing that it just confirms all is ok with the card, that's all.

Did you try uninstalling graw2 demo then ageia drivers?

Not saying it will work but try anything

What i would do is uninstall demo, uninstall ageia drivers

Download and install the newest physx drivers 7.05.06 from ageia website

Install the graw2 demo

Obviously when you install the demo again you will be prompted to install the ageia drivers from the demo, because they will be the newest GRiN have worked with.

Installed the latest drivers for the physx card , turned down all graphics in graw2 to low and it didnt crash ?

Turned everything backup with shadows on low =seems to works fine ?

Maybe a ati thing ? See if they say anything after graw2 is released. well it seems o work.

Thanks for the help =warcloud= i"ll mess around with it a bit more.

Cheers m8

Edited by Heno1