MP for Dummies

OK, I'm a dummy. I can connect to a server, but then I can't tell how to select a team or get to the page for selecting a kit. Sometimes I end up on the kit selection page but I have no idea how I got there. Also, what triggers the beginning of a game? Is there a minimum number of players on each team?

Thanks

To select a team click on the red or blue bar on the side.

Once in At the bottom of the screen you will see The available kits IE Icons of soldiers.

Click on One and at the bottom of them you will see little white bars, The bars will let you select a different

Weapon.

:hehe:

Edited by Halli_*BDA*

To select a team click on the red or blue bar on the side.

Once in At the bottom of the screen you will see The available kits IE Icons of soldiers.

Click on One and at the bottom of them you will see little white bars, The bars will let you select a different

Weapon.

:hehe:

Of course the white bars are only on TDM at the moment. When playing RVA you get the starter kit, until you gain rank.

Also, when playing RVA, if you come in late, most of the time you have to wait till either the round to end, or someone to blow up a Adat.

So... keep trying, you will get in sooner or later.

OK, I'm a dummy.

I don't think you are a dummy. I think the interface is not very well thought through or user friendly. It is e.g. not obvious which parts are "clickable items" (e.g. that you can select kits within soldier class in TDM). All clickable items should rather look like buttons, tabs or similar, which they do not.

I'd like to see a reworked interface for the sharp version of this game.

...........someone to blow up a Adat.

When trying to blow up a ADAT, after approching the ADAT, I see a bar that states "Press to place C4" ( I think that was the wording), I cannot seem to locate the button to place that C4!!! :hmm:

Can someone be of help here?

Thanks,

Saker

Look at the ADAT, the button "X" is on your keyboard. :)

Then you must press "X" again after placement in order to blow the ADAT, something I realised after some succesful placements without any explosions

So this look like it will be a prob (unless I remap my X key to default), I have my X mapped to go prone.....

or, will this still work when trying to plant the c4, I would think not!

Check you Options - Controls under Misc (at the bottom)... what button is binded to your "use/action" control?

Should be X by deafult.

Do you play in enligh or a localized version?

I will have to check when I get to my PC.

I assume it is the English version, I didn't change it to anything else.

Hope this helps. I apologize for the poor quality; I did it on my work PC. Click the "LINK" to see larger images.

Team selection LINK

Drawing1a.jpg

TDM class & kit selection LINK

Drawing2a.jpg

Team selection LINK

Drawing3a.jpg

Global Chat - Class selection screen LINK

Drawing4a.jpg

Team Chat - Class selection screen LINK

Drawing5a.jpg

RvA class & kit selection LINK

Drawing6a.jpg

RvA HUD, Ghosts - Icons LINK

Drawing7a.jpg

RvA HUD, Ghosts - Place C4 #1 LINK

Drawing8a.jpg

RvA HUD, Ghosts - Place C4 #2 LINK

Drawing9a.jpg

RvA HUD, Ghosts - Tagged Rebels (Tag Rebels by aiming at them. Scramblers can tag through walls). LINK

Drawing10a.jpg

RvA Deathcam selection LINK

Drawing11a.jpg

RvA HUD - Deathcam LINK

Drawing12a.jpg

RvA HUD, Rebels - Tagged teammate LINK

Drawing13a.jpg

Vote kick LINK

Drawing14a.jpg

Hey Cangaroo.TNT,

Can you take a couple of screenshots of the control area where is was discussed by GRIN_Brimstone "Check your Options - Controls under Misc (at the bottom)... what button is binded to your "use/action" control?

Should be X by deafult." ???

It will prolly help out!

Thanks,

Saker

Hey Cangaroo.TNT,

Can you take a couple of screenshots of the control area where is was discussed by GRIN_Brimstone "Check your Options - Controls under Misc (at the bottom)... what button is binded to your "use/action" control?

Should be X by deafult." ???

It will prolly help out!

Thanks,

Saker

Click "Options" LINK

graw22007-06-0911-43-17-68.png

Click "Controls" LINK

graw22007-06-0911-43-24-33.png

Scroll all the way to the bottom. It's listed all the way at the bottom, under Miscellaneous LINK

graw22007-06-0911-44-06-73.png

Scroll all the way to the bottom. It's listed all the way at the bottom, under Miscellaneous

Thanks, You are fast with the response..... I bet when I remapped my Prone position key, I lost the "use/action" ! :whistle:

Will fix as soon as I get back to my PC!

Thanks again,

Saker

Quick question. I've heard that you can tag enimies while in the deathcam while looking through somebody else. How are you supposed to do this?

Make sure you're in DeathCam, depress (click) your middle/wheel mouse button. A circle will appear in the middle of the screen (where the crosshair usually is). Scan around 360 degrees and if you see an enemy just aim the circle at him. He will be tagged automatically after a short while.

Sometimes the system is bugged, and the red diamond won't appear even if the enemy is tagged!

Also, what does "AFK" stand for in your post about voting to "kick" a player? Is it voting someone off the game?

AFK = Away From Keyboard. The player is not there, he's idle. Can be extremely annoying if he's the last one on the ghost team alive, and Assault can't find him (it can really drag out on time)

Edited by Cirap

Hope this helps. I apologize for the poor quality; I did it on my work PC. Click the "LINK" to see larger images.

RvA HUD, Ghosts - Tagged Rebels (Tag Rebels by aiming at them. Scramblers can tag through walls). LINK

Drawing10a.jpg

RvA HUD, Rebels - Tagged teammate LINK

Drawing13a.jpg

And please notice, Tagged Rebels are only seen by Recon(Ghosts) and are Red.

Tagged Teammates are only seen by Scramblers on Rebels and are Purple.

I and others ahve been gunned down alot of times because of this misstake.

Kind of annoying.... :angry:

This game is going to turn into a TAG FEST. >_<

I wanted to try out the different weaspons and test my keyboard settings so I hosted a server.

Well after about 20 seconds or so into the gam,e the game completes and tells me I won. lol

I thinks the server needs to be modified.

Also more options wouldn't hurt. Ex, limits on high ping players.