new movie "I Am Legend"

rookie

eville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City…and maybe the world.... He is surrounded by “the Infectedâ€â€”victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path.

So basically this is a remake of 28 Days Later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw a poster for the new Will Smith film I Am Legend recently and it struck a chord way back in my memory, like I had already seen an old film with the same plot, it was so vague, it was frustrating. I figured it out tonight though - it's a remake of The Omega Man, which starred Charlton Heston. :)

Anyone seen it yet?

Good morning Rocky!

I Am Legend-thread :lol:

Nah, haven't seen it yet - germany won't release it until 18th of january. Really looking forward to it though.

Word has it, it has very atmospheric scenes and Will Smith delivers a good performance but CGI(especially on the creatures) is a let-down.

Since you hear that from nearly everybody who watched the movie, I'll keep that in my mind until I made my own opinion. ;)

Say this over the weekend ... came in not expecting much and was fairly satisfied. Having lived in NYC for a while, seeing it in a post-apocalyptic state was very interesting and well executed.

Try as I might, I just can't take the Fresh Prince too seriously though. And while I agree to the greatness that is the Bob Marley album, Legend, the tie in to the movie title was weak sauce.

Edited by the.ronin

LOL, sorry Rookie, looks like I am 6 months behind on this.

I had that awful deja vu feeling when I saw the poster for I am Legend, so it's cool knowing why now, i.e. the Omega Man. All I can recall of that fils is a shirtless Charlton Heston running around a department store with some kind of shotgun - that was enough to make me make the connection with the new film LOL.

So just to clarify, The Last Man on Earth, The Omega Man, and I am Legend, all based on the same book?

Here's the book I have...seen that they have a new one with a cover that matches the movie. :shifty:

I Am Legend

I'm partial to the book, Last Man on Earth and Omega Man. The book is an excellent read, great visuals and character development, easy to get into.

I still have to see the new movie myself...just a bit reluctant, as I don't know how well it'll live up to Matheson's story. I know, picky, picky! :P

I haven't seen it yet but my boss,who usually goes bonkers over these types of movies,told me not to waste my money. :( He said the Omega Man was a much more interesting movie. Guess I can wait until the library gets it then it'll be free to watch. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...