MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Thin objects as the corrugated fences stop bullets??? Same goes for wooden walls in the "houses", cars, and so forth.

Pls, go realism here. Gamers will learn to deal with it, enjoy, use it. And no doubt will we learn how to use terrain better.

To have the .50 to penetrate theese objects are just perfect. Lets have the 7.62, 5.56, 4.5 and the 9mm penetrate proper objects too. Pls!

* Where is the "shot-in-the-leg-limp"? The "shot-in-the-arm-bad-aim"? Ghost Recon could handle this. Why cant Ghost Recon ADVANCED Warfighter 2 do that? More realism, pls!

* The limited LOS. Atleast have the sniper be able to see much futher away when looking IN the scope. This will make gamers move in better cover, just cause the sniper can do his job. But not even beeing able to look across the demo-map the short way..

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&amp...4175#8081084175

Agree on the part that there really isn't any real indicator to when the player gets hit... I often miss the fact that I just got hit...shouldn't be that way, it takes away a good deal of immersion.

maybe grin could do a blood red screen in different shades when hit like the death screen ?

if you have little damage a light red flash, and more damage more red and a little longer ??

that would effect gameplay a little bit and give you a clear indication of what just happend. (though the red pixels in my crt monitor would burn fast that way :P )

* Where is the "shot-in-the-leg-limp"? The "shot-in-the-arm-bad-aim"? Ghost Recon could handle this. Why cant Ghost Recon ADVANCED Warfighter 2 do that? More realism, pls!

Yeah!.. I miss that so much.. No other games have that... That I've played...

Grin keeps saying it would add too many animations to put in the gimp or hit penalty, but I just can't understand that. Its in other games, its in older games, why not GRAW 2.

...and if new animations would take too much time to implement, then use something thats already in the game. There are already animations of soldiers dying, use all or part of that. Just have the ghost get back up after.

Or keep it real simple, and have the gun drop to your side like what happens when you run. It would take you time to recover your aim after this and be a good penalty for taking a survivable hit.

Is it really as hard as there making it sound to put in? :hmm:

Grin keeps saying it would add too many animations to put in the gimp or hit penalty, but I just can't understand that. Its in other games, its in older games, why not GRAW 2.

...and if new animations would take too much time to implement, then use something thats already in the game. There are already animations of soldiers dying, use all or part of that. Just have the ghost get back up after.

Or keep it real simple, and have the gun drop to your side like what happens when you run. It would take you time to recover your aim after this and be a good penalty for taking a survivable hit.

Is it really as hard as there making it sound to put in? :hmm:

The gun dropping is a great idea. It would represent the impact of RL using the current code...

Good thinking!

A couple of things which I prefered in the first one is the gun layout when choosing, alot neater than 2.

Im not a fan of the weapon list, I prefer next and previous weapon.

Too many icons on the screen, who shot who should be at the bottom, preferably to the left. Where it is, makes your viewing area obscure.

When someone chats on screen a little sound when its received, different sounds for "all" and "team" would be nice.

"Enemy down" sound is very helpful, so when your team mate kills someone, and is next to you, you hear his "enemy down" aswell so you know that the person both of you were firing at is dead.

Other than that I cant wait for it to be released. :D

I'm really enjoying multi player, and can't wait for me and my old team to get back into GR! It feels like the old GR in a lot of ways, the look is more '[GR]' too! The game is paced similar to how [GR] was and I like it very much. Hopefully the games will become more intense when playing in matches and we see more strategic movements and combat from squads.

The map was 'ok' in my opinion. One thing I both hated, and loved about GR was the fact that there were certain points of the map where you could win the advantage over the other player. I.e you cover a certain spot to prevent enemy movement while you the rest of the team flank them from another direction. There was no real strategic points in this map that I could see. I remember in GR that it was quite important that you 'won' the ground and it felt important. With this the map is a bit chaotic.

However I really enjoyed it and the game certainly is good, and has potential to grow. Far better than GRAW1 !

Well done GRIN. Now its up to the community to embrace these game and realize its potential.\

Game runs smooth, no lagging. I'm really happy with it!

Edited by whoa182

AWESOME!

This is MORE LIKE IT!

:)

I love the feel of this one. Just played both the SP and MP, for once I am looking forward to the SP campaign. But MP looks like it was built with some thought..finally.

I wish GRAW had been like this, as that was a total waste of money for me. But if this is what we are to expect from the full GRAW2 game then I'm IN!

It runs like a dream on my machine. The Geforce 8800 GTX helps of course.. ;)

Nice job so far guys!