MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

Maybe I missed it. Is there any kind of dedicated server - even from the in game menus?

Just curious if they paid attention to the issues with the demo and release of GRAW1 regarding hosting or not..

Seems like no lessons were learned in this regards. I cannot figure out why they have again decided to make it difficult for teams to provide dedicated servers. Once again we're in a situation where if we want to try to put up a 24/7 public demo server and pull players to the game and our teams we have to have a "zombie" player in the server on a hosting box. I have to say I'm REALLY disappointed. :wall:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only 2 things that have improved so far, are Map mode changes automatically and the game loads alot faster (of course there are more) but issues from beta are still prevalent and features like you mentioned do not seem to be apparent.

List your thoughts on what is good and bad in the demo.

I've been briefly playing and checking out some changes. So I don't have a comprehensive list of things but I thought I would start the ball rolling.

Good:

Graphics better and more optimized - even from the beta.

Lag seems a bit better but that may be me and the time between when the beta ended and now.

Bullet spead/recoil - might just be me but it seems to be toned down just a bit from the beta and still a bit more than GRAW1. I like this since I thought the beta had gone a little over kill.

It's not crashing on exit like the beta was.

Bad:

No way to host a dedicate server - even from in game interface. A player must be in the server at all times for team/clan hosted servers. The UBI dedicated servers (with city names in them) are dedicated just like in the beta from the looks of things.

Many of the same bugs from the beta are back. Hopefully some were fixed in the patch that autodownloaded.

No way to get out of the ads at the end. Can't press esc to clear through them. You have to hit ctrl+alt+del to shut the game down in the task mgr if you don't want to sit through them.

SLI supprt? Didn't find it like in GRAW1. I wonder if it's automatic or not at all.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Maybe I missed it. Is there any kind of dedicated server - even from the in game menus?

Just curious if they paid attention to the issues with the demo and release of GRAW1 regarding hosting or not..

Seems like no lessons were learned in this regards. I cannot figure out why they have again decided to make it difficult for teams to provide dedicated servers. Once again we're in a situation where if we want to try to put up a 24/7 public demo server and pull players to the game and our teams we have to have a "zombie" player in the server on a hosting box. I have to say I'm REALLY disappointed. :wall:

It is a DEMO. Dedicated files are supplied with the Release.

You are playing on dedi files right now....

Stop banging your head you might hurt what is left :)

List your thoughts on what is good and bad in the demo.

I've been briefly playing and checking out some changes. So I don't have a comprehensive list of things but I thought I would start the ball rolling.

Good:

Graphics better and more optimized - even from the beta.

Lag seems a bit better but that may be me and the time between when the beta ended and now.

Bullet spead/recoil - might just be me but it seems to be toned down just a bit from the beta and still a bit more than GRAW1. I like this since I thought the beta had gone a little over kill.

It's not crashing on exit like the beta was.

Bad:

No way to host a dedicate server - even from in game interface. A player must be in the server at all times for team/clan hosted servers. The UBI dedicated servers (with city names in them) are dedicated just like in the beta from the looks of things.

Many of the same bugs from the beta are back. Hopefully some were fixed in the patch that autodownloaded.

No way to get out of the ads at the end. Can't press esc to clear through them. You have to hit ctrl+alt+del to shut the game down in the task mgr if you don't want to sit through them.

SLI supprt? Didn't find it like in GRAW1. I wonder if it's automatic or not at all.

Dedicated is included in the Release - you are playing on it now.

SLI is automatic.

I haven't played it much but my first impressions are that it is definately optimized for the PC as opposed to the first GRAW. From the MP interface to the crisp graphics, my first impressions are very positive. I do agree with some of the earlier posts, especially the speed of the players and ESPECIALLY the comment about having something happen when you are hit.

Good Job Grin.

really enjoyed the 2 hours of playing the demo! can't wait to try out all the other maps! i had no problems ingame! everything ran smoth! but plz fix the server browser, that we can filter for lowest ping and so on. :hmm:

great work grin! :D:D:D

Yeah this is looking good. I didn't think I'd be able to do that good in TDM cause all I play is COOP but I was kicking some booty(Sorry Don Vito) My gamespy ID wouldn't work so I had to create a new one. I'm now MWGF-Grey cause Grey's my favorite character in The Unit. The sound was kinda low but then I turned up my headset and it was sweet. After that first server though I couldn't get into any other. Well I could but they'd shut down or I'd lose connection. I felt like an idiot cause in TDM I didn't know you could pick other guns. SO I was using the RX4 when I could've been using the M416. But it was definately a blast. Only thing that confused me was the thing that lit up when you shot somebody. Kinda obstructed my view a bit. But I think it's pretty good so far. Now if we could maybe get an SP or COOP demo things would be looking up. But I shouldn't push it too much. I was just thankful to be able to play it. Anyways, I'm out. Thanks GRIN. Keep up the good work.

I noticed some good fixes so far. You can actually shoot more than 1 shot before your crosshairs go nuts in full auto, and the zoom speed on the sniper rifle is ALOT better than before. The first person sound of the guns sounds alittle faded. The lighting on the map is much better, and the black buildings are gone :). Over all im real happy with how much better it is from the beta. Good job GRIN :)

*small note now. We need a SP demo so we can "test out" the AI and other new stuff for ya :)*

Ducky

GRAW 2 Demo , What's Good, What's Bad ?

I like weapon pickup

I like auto game mode change over

I like fast game load times

I like weapon choice

I like foggy atmosphere

I like the shots echo sounds

I don't like sound glitches (shoot a rifle next to another member and it can be quiet sometimes)

I don't like how you press "U" to get rid if the text chat box and the next message brings it back again.

I don't like how all the uniforms sound like they just come out of the laundry (crisp and new)

I don't like sitting in lobby for xxx seconds

- Something needs to be done about campers, especially when you're on a limited spawn server. Either flag them with a giant beacon or make their muzzle flashes 3x as big.

:rofl:

I vote for automatic skins change to WD Blobby Tartan.

Pushing an extra 10 FPS here, over GRAW1, in a full server.

Alt Tab out of game seems to be a problem for me.

Tinker

:)

GRAW 2 Demo , What's Good, What's Bad ?

I like weapon pickup

I like auto game mode change over

I like fast game load times

I like weapon choice

I like foggy atmosphere

I like the shots echo sounds

I don't like sound glitches (shoot a rifle next to another member and it can be quiet sometimes)

I don't like how you press "U" to get rid if the text chat box and the next message brings it back again.

I don't like how all the uniforms sound like they just come out of the laundry (crisp and new)

I don't like sitting in lobby for xxx seconds

I noticed some good fixes so far. You can actually shoot more than 1 shot before your crosshairs go nuts in full auto, and the zoom speed on the sniper rifle is ALOT better than before. The first person sound of the guns sounds alittle faded. The lighting on the map is much better, and the black buildings are gone :). Over all im real happy with how much better it is from the beta. Good job GRIN :)

*small note now. We need a SP demo so we can "test out" the AI and other new stuff for ya :)*

Ducky

Hey Ducky.. what exact soundcard (and driver) do you have - the sound is all but faded. We're hunting soundcard annomalities - this could be such a one.

Thanks

Bo

All the sounds in the game sound normal except for the one coming from my gun. Im using the on board sound on my asus motherboard and a USB headset. it could be vista doing some funky things too. It does that for my game Lockon it has a wierd sound glitch thats only for players on vista.

I vote for automatic skins change to WD Blobby Tartan.

Tinker

:)

Direct out of the pack bundle

GHOSTS NEW CAMOS

Coyote ACU-camo

camo_coyote_xy_df.jpg

Grey ACU-camo

camo_grey_xy_df.jpg

Green ACU camo

camo_green_xy_df.jpg

Brown ACU-camo

camo_brown_xy_df.jpg

Woodland-camo

camo_woodland_camo_xy_df.jpg

Multicam-camo (GRAW1 ghosts)

camo_multicam_xy_df.jpg

Standard-ACU-camo

camo_acu_test_xy_df.jpg

All the sounds in the game sound normal except for the one coming from my gun. Im using the on board sound on my asus motherboard and a USB headset. it could be vista doing some funky things too. It does that for my game Lockon it has a wierd sound glitch thats only for players on vista.

Ok it is exactly what i'm looking for - it is a 2d sound driver issue oon that card. We'll look at that card - and we'll have it fixed for the release.

Thanks!

Bo

I made this post before I made the other good/bad one so I included the dedi issue.

That's fine that you won't include it. It's a shame because many teams would put up 24/7 servers for people and their teams to play on. Now hardly any will try. It's the game's loss and won't help it gain traction from a team/clan standpoint for purchases - just like you did with GRAW. But I see from your response that it's not very important to you. Which is a shame.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam