MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

I need to get my memory checked, I thought what he actually said was that he'd never buy another Ubisoft title again.

That was me, too. And while the feedback so far has been good, I'm waiting for the SP demo. MP does me no good for about another 8-10 months yet. We'll see. The true test would be OliverReed's stamp of approval...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true test would be OliverReed's stamp of approval...
I could not disagree more. That is a surprisingly outrageous statement. :yes: Since when did he become the authority on GR/GRAW? I think it's pitiful that to this day he has nothing better to do than gripe about GRAW, Grin, & Ubisoft. For crying out, he recently complained that GRAW 2 can't run on Windows 2000. That dude needs to get over it and get a life. Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

The true test would be OliverReed's stamp of approval...
I could not disagree more. That is a surprisingly outrageous statement. :yes: Since when did he become the authority on GR/GRAW? I think it's pitiful that to this day he has nothing better to do than gripe about GRAW, Grin, & Ubisoft. For crying out, he recently complained that GRAW 2 can't run on Windows 2000. That dude needs to get over it and get a life.

Yep, that guy just goes on and on about anything, he needs a new life experience and we do not need his 2 cents on how it won't run on DOS 6.22 :P

I need to get my memory checked, I thought what he actually said was that he'd never buy another Ubisoft title again.

No kidding! If the final is anything like the demo then it's the first decent thing from UBI since Island Thunder. I'll be the first one to ream someone out but I'm also the first to say kudos. That's the magically wonderful thing about me. ::D

Nice to hear, Ruggbutt, giving GRAW2 DEmo :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2: .

I agree, the demo does show a strong flavour of GR, the pace is slower the atmospherics are grainier, the whole experience is more old school (good thing). Now if we could only get hold of the finished article and enjoy hours of tactical warfare.

My two major beefs with demo

1. The lack of silent moving. I dislike how its very hard to move anywhere in the game silently. Walking upright, fast crouching, and running should be noisy, especially running. I wish there was a crouch that made little noise, less than it currently does, and I wish crawling, or prone was silent. when I crouch and go normal speed its somewhat loud, in my footsteps it sounds like im walking through wet grass, or puddles. I dont know I was hoping ghosts could be gohsts. ALl you need to do is get to a choke point, hunker down until you here the squishsquish of footprints. Again i understand the walking and running and fast crouch, normal crouch is slow so it should be pretty near silent.

2. Apart from the easy spawn camping the demo has is the nade launchers. playing tonite a number of round leaders would have 45 kills with the next best at like 10, because theyd get close to the spawn and just shoot a nadelauncher, killing 2-5 people at a shot., also if i find a guy in mid map and it turns into a dual i will lose cause he doesnt even need to aim much and im dead. very rarely will he overshoot or undershoot. I dont see how only giving one nade to a guy at spawn makes much sense but it is better than having a guy kill 10 guys in 2 shots, (outside figure). its bad enough someguy marches into a spawn its another if hes carrying nade launchers. nades are ok obviously cause if i trogh a nade it takes time to wind up the arm and the through threw the air takes a sec or two plenty of defense time. also then he has to switch back to a gun. nades should be given to more kits too, they are far farer.

[Merged with the existing feedback thread]

Edited by Pave Low

1.) Any movement should make noise considering the gear you have on unless it was super super slow which then people would complain about that in some way.

2.) I don't think there is a way in hell to ever balance grenade launchers in a game like GRAW (semi close quarters). A game either has them or doesn't have them. And if a game doesn't then people would complain about not having them.

Having a single GL should be sufficient, but honostly I don't see it having a place in this game. The rest of the guns are relatively unaccurate and take a while for the ret to settle. The GL is point and shoot win button. SoK should love this game. :hehe:

In GRAW 1, it could be used to clear someone who is well defended in a window or balcony. I have yet to see either in GRAW 2. Unnessesary and over accurate compared to other weapons. :hmm:

I love how the GL has only 2 nades now though. It works out rather well, although I do agree it is a little too accurate. If you had to flip up the sights or risk having it fly all over like bullets that would be a different story.

If you had to flip up the sights or risk having it fly all over like bullets that would be a different story.

Yep, In GR the GL's were balanced by a "slow reticule" i.e., you had to wait for the reticule to settle (like the sniper guns) which was good for the gameplay.

In GRAW there is no such balancing as you can shoot GL and snipe accurately as soon as you raise the gun.

I still think though GL's have a place in the game (to give indirect fire etc to get players hiding out), and to limit it to 2 in GRAW 2 is fine by me.

Did anyone else like the way that America's Army set up MP, with the squads/platoons having a certain number of different types of soldiers? I think some sort fo balancing like that, or maybe similar to ArmA (but watered-down for the smaller teams) with the limited number of different weapons available for each team on a first-come-first-served free-for-all, would help. The GL's might be a big advantage, but if the number of them available to each team were limited it MIGHT help 'keep it real.'

And yeah, those things are fairly inaccurate, especially on the quick-draw.

Nade spamming is the risk in each (adverserial) game with GL. Something like a reticule for GL and accuracy down twaeking would be nice but limiting options (like Rabbi suggests) has more con's then pro's, TMHO. For me as a COOP gamer these issues have never occured, due to the fact that you always equip you team as balanced as possible for each mission. Even if this involves everybody to bring a GL to get the job done so be it and please let it be possible. Though I never came across a mission which needed such drastic measurements according to kit equipment.

Game On!

Edited by Toniezz

I totally agree with the noise factor. Running I can understand but I think there could be less noise when crouching or as Cangaroo pointed out, prone.

As for the Noob Cannons I think that we as the community should come to a conclusion to either ban them or not on our individual servers. I know for a fact that GHOST will have them banned on our server. They are waaaaaay to easy to use and require absolutely ZERO skill.

As for accuracy, I draw my weapon 90% of the time whether it's in CQB or long range. I find that with the weapon drawn you are way more accurate than using the reticule alone

EDIT*** I really wish the admins would stop merging posts. Honestly, I'm afraid to even start a new thread at these forums in fear of being merged with some other thread that had some similarities. This topic was about Nade Spamming and silent moving. While it has something to do with the Demo... doesn't every thread started here have something to do with the demo thus far? (Should we just merge every thread into Demo Feedback?)

I like a well moderated board and appreciate what you guys do, but there is such thing as over moderating. Not trying to start a beef, just letting you know how I feel.

Edited by GHOST_Sup

When topics are merged, it would be nice that the one who created the topic gets a message where his topic has been placed, I've been searching a long tipe for a topic I created o9nly to find out it was merged somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Chat interface

- First thing is the chat seems to run backwards. I am used to reading from bottom to top not top to bottom. I really have to concentrate when i am trying to follow the chat.

Recoil

-The recoil on the weapons are very prominent. I do think a player should get penalized when firing in the standing position. But as the player moves down to crouch position the weapon should have more stability. Also in single shot mode the weapon should have even more stability. Once the player gets into the prone position recoil should be at it's least. The machine gun is the hardest weapon to shoot in this game; and stability in the prone position is as worst as it is in the standing postition. I hope grin will fix this. I have a suggestion, add a bi pod to the machine gun that one can set up after going to the prone position there by getting the maximum stability that one can have for that weapon.

My other suggestions are that more info is provided when a player join the Assault vs Recon format. Most players don't understand that the match is in progress and that they will re spawn after an ADAT is destroyed.

I really like this format and will be posting more thoughts about it in the future. I have been playing Tom Clancy games since Rsix. And have beta tested both GRAW games. I think this format is perfect for matching but it needs to be more refined and maybe more classes added. We still have spawn campers and they can drive one crazy but I so love killing them lol.

[Merged with the existing feedback thread]

Edited by Pave Low

MY spec's are....

AMD athlon 64 dual core processor 4600+

2GB RAM, Corshair's

NVIDEA Geforce 7600GT

I'm running the MP demo on high...

I'm really impressed with 1st impressons..

I really like the Ironsights and recoil too..

I wasn't really bothered with GRAW, But GRAW 2 has to be a buy for me when it's released! I can't wait!...

MY spec's are....

AMD athlon 64 dual core processor 4600+

2GB RAM, Corshair's

NVIDEA Geforce 7600GT

I'm running the MP demo on high...

I'm really impressed with 1st impressons..

I really like the Ironsights and recoil too..

I wasn't really bothered with GRAW, But GRAW 2 has to be a buy for me when it's released! I can't wait!...

The wanderer returns.

Here's my take on the demo so far.

My computer specs below. Running about average 60-70 FPS. (40-120 range)

Video:

--Excellent graphics, running silky smooth.

Audio:

--Excellent audio.

--Loving the weapon sounds.

--Awesome grenade sounds.

--I'm sure the walking/running equipt noise is legit but aren't these guys the "ghosts"?

--Some of the movement sounds like the same audio and when you draw a pistol in GRAW 1; it keeps faking me out...... :blink:

Gameplay:

--Have only been playing TDM. Having a lot of fun killing and getting killed..... :rolleyes:

--Just a touch too much recoil. If these guys are the "ghosts", I think that they should be able to hold the weapon a lot steadier in the "standing" position. And definately less recoil in the "crouch" position.

--The walking is a touch too slow to me, but I can tolerate it...... :)

--Why can't you jump right into the game as soon as you get into the lobby.

--I had a audio issue which I fixed by rebooting the computer.

I personally feel now that GRIN has more control on how the game turns out and it shows here. THe fun is back for Ghost Recon!!! I'm DEFINATELY buying this game.

Cheers!

Fresh