MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've noticed that too Ghost(haha common name) only I only had to hit it twice and it doesn't happen that often for me. Another thing is it's a bit hard to follow the gunshots. Like where they're coming from. I'll think I'm right up on a guy about to get an easy kill and I come around the corner to find nothing. I think it's just the map because there's so many buildings around. I do love hearing gun shots off in the distance. I remember the first time I heard it in TDM I just though "Man that sounds cool" Not sure if it's the map or if it's because me and my team never wandered far from eachother in COOP in the first GRAW. I'm not too concerned cause 1: This is just the demo and 2: There's still 17 more days for them to fix everything in a patch before the full release. Actually 18 since it is actually released on the 27th in stores.

Fletch,

Not a problem at all. It took me a while to get used to GRAW's mutiple bullet kill after playing GR1 for so long, and I actually think GRAW works good. It works great compared to GRAW2. I think we (BDA) did a test one day and it showed how many hits it would take to kill at different distances. I know for a fact that in the demo it takes 3 shots to kill anybody with pretty much anything except the .50 cal sniper rifle. That just seems a little too unrealistic to me. I dunno how to fix this and please everybody, but I DO think that there is a large consensus on how wounding effects should be.

Another thing is it's a bit hard to follow the gunshots. Like where they're coming from. I'll think I'm right up on a guy about to get an easy kill and I come around the corner to find nothing. I think it's just the map because there's so many buildings around.

LoL, they got it right by this one! Sounds like some good ole' West Virginians shooting beer cans down in the "holler." All that's missing after those echoes are some yips and yells:)

I know for a fact that in the demo it takes 3 shots to kill anybody with pretty much anything except the .50 cal sniper rifle. That just seems a little too unrealistic to me.

Ok, I have not been able to play yet can't sign in the server keeps refusing connection. 3 Shots on each and every bad guy is strange considering all the variables. I think the way to solve this is what are called Hit Boxes in other games. You set up any number of them based on the model and depending on what hit box get hit the game either wounds you or kills you. Arms and Legs are wounding Hit Boxes, exposed areas of the head a Kill shot and two shots for the helmet. The torso gets broken down to a center mass and external areas. Since the ghosts wear body armor a single shot to anywhere on the vest is a knock down, 2nd shot to the same part of the vest either kills or wounds depending on location, 3 shots to the external area of the torso in the same part of the vest is a kill. Anyone not wearing body armor the center of the torso is always a 1 shot kill and so on. This means they would have to have 2 or more models based on the use of or lack of armor and helmets. I don't know how they have the models set up in GR:AW but if its not already something like that its too late to change now.

ok i just want to say 2 quick things

1)this has been some of the best fun i have had online in a while...love this game

2)i was in a game today where this guy kept tking me for no reason so i gave him a few chances and he kept killing me and then i just started killing him so i wouldnt die and i could actually play lol. just so you know this guy was "jimmykidfiddle" or something like that. im not sure about the jimmy part but it was defiantly kidfiddle. so ya watch out for this guy he tk's alot and is really Belligerent over the chat

-phil

:hehe: I know this is a demo for 1.

lets break it down alittle though anyways.

1 upon instalation,I selected yes for DX installation. my fault .It uninstalled my sound card..KKKK MF.

The only bug I could find ,By-The-Way.

2Mesage screen is wayyyyyyyyyy to fricken big. for gods sake put it off to the side. OGRAW(LOL) size is fine.

3Sounds sucks pond water(I know its a demo),I cant alwas be running in gravel.

4Whats with the no chat during scoring reviews????Fix it..

5 You guys at grin still cant concieve that a support weapon is a rifle.. :wall: Its not a ###### shotgun.. w00t

For gods sake ,,go to the range and watch a person who can shoot place some groups at 25 yards. :wacko:

You got the Mounted 50s right :thumbsup: Love some of the new wepons :D

6 Same-old-Same-old....Same look as graw. Same boring maps :x

7 The last of the seven deadly sins..

Weres the "Social Hearth". Were is the thing that brings everyone together????? :hmm: Weres our comunication.Weres the fire pit to gather around?,Weres the radio?, Weres the tv?Weres the chat room?,Weres the ###### hand held mobile phone?. OOOpppsss ,,Went past the Gaming Hearth. lol

Graw 2..Demo Buy The way........Is good.....Its still Graw 1 With some nastey ass consol tweeks.....

Bottom line its still a great game.

Enjoyed myself.

Maps suck,Colors suck,,,Are you guys on Herion??

Didnt really see any improved game play though.

New game type was ok.

Mounted weapon use,great.

I give it a 4 out of five for a demo.I expect alot more from the game.

If you grin to ear care,change some ###### colors. Mexico is not that brown dudes.You been in Europe to long.

Over all im pleased but it could become better then this..

Good

Sounds and gfx is brilliant

GUI is nice and user friendly

Bad

Movements are still abit to stiff - tweak em to be abit faster <-----> that much :D (especially leaning and crouching)

Same old enviorment - maybe you could have added some new stuff like some indoor interior, doors to open, ladders, grabbing ledges etc so you can interact with the suraoundings abit more now it just feels stail.

Overall

Well for a next gen game it dont have much new to it gfx and sound is the only next gen if anything everything else have been done befor over and over, if Grin and UBIsoft wants this game to get big within muliplayer they need to add more solid content and upgrade the game abit with more funtions and features, my tip is to head over to www.realitymod.com or www.truecombatelite.com and check out what some good gamers do with good mods like these there you have the future of gaming with alot more new ideas and features and they arent that "spaced out" its mostly common stuff that people wanted but never get in "produced" games now days.

I think graw2 or any graw would be come great or even the greatest game if they added abit more love and features

like indoor action, more movement options, tweaking the weapon fovs and feeling & new cool gaming modes.

I know its a demo but still i know it wont feature any new stuff that i mentioned above.

Still tho Graw1/2 has uptodate the best single player feeling that iw seen in anygame even better then the old favorit OFP , and the movement is lovely "must be all that darn paintball you guys at grin play :P "

There is a big chanse ill meet the CO of Grin at a party to night guess i could talk some sense into him :D

cya

graw22007060907465743pi7.th.jpggraw22007060801254840mo4.th.jpggraw22007060805533500pn8.th.jpggraw22007060801254840xx8.th.jpg

graw22007060801253953xk1.th.jpggraw22007060801253996yk9.th.jpggraw22007060720253193qp2.th.jpggraw22007060720230503gs0.th.jpg

The blur AA in GRAW 2 is better that in GRAW . Yes, is a bit blurry, but is aceptable. But the best solution is MSAA

Other upgrade is the softshadows resolution , much better in GRAW 2 . And the normal maps han paralax efects looks a bit better . Great job GRIN ,very nice graphics w00t:thumbsup: .

graw22007060803193979zc6.th.jpggraw22007060801254448bw0.th.jpggraw22007060801253953xk1.th.jpggraw22007060801254160el3.th.jpg

graw22007060720235043zv8.th.jpggraw22007060720255303mw7.th.jpggraw22007060801264703ip3.th.jpg

Edited by jonelo

I know for a fact that in the demo it takes 3 shots to kill anybody with pretty much anything except the .50 cal sniper rifle.

Are you saying that regardless of where you hit? I play scramber/scout, the 2 classes that have the weakest weapons, and I get plenty of 1 & 2 shot kills. Although the likely scenario with the 2 shot kills is that the first was in the torso & the second in the head.

just had an awesome session, even playing with and against [GRIN]Fred and [GRIN]Brimstone. I noscoped the latter with the M14 in CQB...from behind. twas sweet.

The noise of walking needs to be reduced. At least on behalf of the Ghosts in RvsA. Sneaking around behind enemy lines isn't the easiest thing with all that noise.

The intro vid is from the 360, right? It has a medic, which isn't supposed to be in the PC version? pls fix

There was an extremely annoying Teamkiller in one of the servers. I hope there is a votekick feature, or an automatic TK kicker, didn't seem to be anything like that in the demo?

Even in 1024x768 I thought the compass markers were too small.

Communication. The Ghosts have markers to show where they spotted an enemy, the Rebels have nothing. At all. Not even a radio command. It's just silence. Something need to be done here. Add a radio comm for "enemy spotted" and "North", "South", "East" and "West" maybe?

other than that it's pretty awesome. Had extremely fun for abot two hours, though I should of been outside when the weather so so great

just had an awesome session, even playing with and against [GRIN]Fred and [GRIN]Brimstone. I noscoped the latter with the M14 in CQB...from behind. twas sweet.

The noise of walking needs to be reduced. At least on behalf of the Ghosts in RvsA. Sneaking around behind enemy lines isn't the easiest thing with all that noise.

The intro vid is from the 360, right? It has a medic, which isn't supposed to be in the PC version? pls fix

There was an extremely annoying Teamkiller in one of the servers. I hope there is a votekick feature, or an automatic TK kicker, didn't seem to be anything like that in the demo?

Even in 1024x768 I thought the compass markers were too small.

Communication. The Ghosts have markers to show where they spotted an enemy, the Rebels have nothing. At all. Not even a radio command. It's just silence. Something need to be done here. Add a radio comm for "enemy spotted" and "North", "South", "East" and "West" maybe?

other than that it's pretty awesome. Had extremely fun for abot two hours, though I should of been outside when the weather so so great

I don't know about the noise when someone is sneaking around, but the noise when someone is running needs to stay just like it is. That is the players fault for trying to run around, and running like that would make a lot of noise anyways.

Played last night with 3 of my clan mates for around 3 hours. Was really a "load o' fun" Haven't had that good a time online in months . We enjoyed both game modes but I really enjoyed the recon vs assault.

I have only a few comments not really complaint but here goes :

1) Not really keen on the Loadout screen maybe its just me and my old eyes but I hate the tiny lettering on the weapon descriptions. I liked the one used in GRAW because it was BIG lol

2) when you move it sounds like you have change ,keys and a few extra rounds in your pockets, Shouldn't elite troops make sure that nothing is loose or noise making before they start their recon mission?

3) not so sure on the red blob hit thing but its no big deal

4) love the Sounds ....1st time I heard the rattlesnake it scared the hell outta me hehe I looked around to see where it was.

5)Like the overall look of the game ie. the difference in uniforms, lighting the actual look of the town, like the way the weapons behave. Personally I am not a big fan of the silenced weapons though. The cactuses made me laugh one of my teamies kept shooting the tops of the cactii (?) because they were rounded and he thought they were helmets.

6) Wish there was some different climates and foliage though like forested areas , or even Snowy sections .

Anyways thats about it for now from me I am curious to see how this one works out and look forward to its full release. It looks like it might be a purchase for my clan

* edited because I type worse than my 8 yr old nephew :(

Edited by =AO=Stryck_9

I actually played the recon vs assault today and though of something for it. The only thing I find annoying about the RvsA is the spawning for the ghost. Yeah, I understand the logics behind it, but what would make it a bit better in my opinion, and I found this happening to me ALOT too, is if you live when they blow up the first ADAT, you get a respawn without having to wait for the next one to be blown up. This way, there is a better motive for the ghost to work together as a team, because you know if your whole team works together, they all get a respawn point. I found myself today, living for the first 2 ADATS and then trying to get the third one I would die. Now with me living the first 2 without dieing I would have 2 more chances with a spawn from where you original spawned from and not the last ADAT, to accomplish the mission. I dont know, I just found it annnoying that I was trying to live when most of my team didnt give a **** about the mission and figured they would just spawn again later when someone else blew up the target. You guys see what im saying? haha. *aslo a way to get ammo for the enemy weapons you picked up would be nice too. I found myself on the rebel side, with an m14 with only 20 shots a few times, and was annoyed by that =P* But other than that, the RvsA is actually kinda fun.

EDIT: if this doesnt work, how about limiting the rebels deaths to like 3 or something, so they dont jsut run around like no one cares. That would put alittle more teamwork for the rebel side.

Ducky

Edited by Evilducky

Agree, keep individuals sound as it is, but the surrondings sound is to much sand box at the moment.

Some "onz-onz-onz" from a distant car stereo, traffic jets, dogs and cats, and radio as in GRAW.

Animals go very quiet (as Emler would say) when guns start going off. But, the wind idea is a good one.