MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

I like the Demo...very fun gameplay both on RvsA and TDM.

Good:

General gameplay, variety of weapons, etc

Bad (the good far outweighs the bad):

Weapon selection screen sucks - want to pick my weapon with scopes, gl, etc...no way of knowing what attachments I'll spawn with until I learn that kit. Auto-respawn should be turned off so I have time to pick weapon of my choice. Who killed who text on right side of screen is still way too big (thank you for toning it down from Beta). It should be just normal small text and moved to upper left corner to utilize that space.

Like others, I have no sound from my own firearm. All other sounds in game work great. I have an HDA Xplosion 7.1 DTS sound card, running just with 2 speakers and a subwoofer, running Vista Ultimate 32 bit edition.

Edited by WDA_Slayer

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One exception to that is if you do not live in the northern hemisphere. GRAW1 died in Australia from lack of SADS at release.

No dedicated servers for the Demo means that players in the southern hemisphere will have not have as good of an experience on the demo. Personally I am debating whether to even download the demo or not.

I can only assume that because there are no Official dedicated Servers in the Souther Hemisphere for the demo that this will be the case for the retail release ala GRAW1. Bad game UBI, bad game. Memories of my previous disappointments with your products come flooding back.

If I have expressed myself well enough then let me clearly state that I am very disappointed.

Edited by =ADF=Cormac

While in game I start off with around 25-30fps, but if I change any setting (even raise it) I jump up straight to 60+. I have 2 7900GTX cards in SLI. Does this happen for anyone else, and if so is it a SLI or single card setup?

This is a indeed a weird but known behaviour on some configurations (not only SLI). Actually a simple alt-tab should give you this speed increase too.

The same alt tab that gives me a double cursor? :P Good to know though, thanks!

I mean, hurra MP demo. Im really not one for the MP side of graw and never have been. So grin, how about a single player demo for us coop/campain people so we can find and help you with bug there? or do you not plan on doing this, and just fixing our bugs with patches from post later on AFTER the game is out. I mean, the mp heads got there fix, and you saw the bugs/issues in that, how about we on the other half of the game help you out some? Just a though. :whistle:

Ducky

Yeah if it helps my headset is a Logitech Premium USB Headset 350. Me and my friend were somewhat disappointed by not being able to hear our guns that well but we both said "Oh well the full version will have it all good" This is the good thing about demos. They act almost the same as a beta except it gives the developers ideas for patches for the full version of the game. I may not be from GRIN but I think we're doing a real good job with constructive feedback. It seems they've done a good job listening so far and I'm sure they'll listen to us once more and give us one of the best games ever. I think it was Papa6 complaining about the voice messages like "Good shot captain!" I think I saw somewhere on the options where you can turn that off. Are "Target Markers" the red diamonds? Cause I turned those off and I didn't see any red diamonds on people. Not sure if that was ever in MP before though. I hope you can turn off that orange dot that shows you hit someone somewhere in the options menu cause that really gets in the way for me. Anyways I'm out. Keep up the good work GRIN and keep up the good feedback...community i guess.

Ok I admit it I am not buying ubi games however, I do like Graw2 Just not the weapon selection for multiplayer. If You can either give us the selection From GRAW 1 PC or SinglePlayer Graw2 like what I saw in the preview.

The Game is decent a nice improvement from the previous version this could have been and expansion.

Thank You Grin For your work and hope someone picks You and Your company and give you time to really give us a game we want and one you can truly be proud of without all of the business restrants you must be dealing with from working with UBI.

We love lurking here :)

It's great to get your "Stop lurking and speak!" post now and then.

No but seriously.

Can't say much about the game yet, but for those of you wishing for real-time day-night changes, that will not be the case, atleast not 100%.

The single player campaign progress over a time period of 72 hours or so, and would look weird if you spent 4 days completing a mission (I think you'll finish most missions faster than that though...) :P

What we do have though is light progression from within a set time limit in a mission (night turn into morning - evening turn into night etc).

Something that will perk things up a bit and be a part of your tactics (you can only use the nightvision until the sun comes up...e.g.)

Personally though, I love the stealth in GRAW 2. Some of you might have seen a stealth meter in the HUD from old designs. That HUD element is gone, but the principle is there. Stay low, move silently and you will surprise your enemies. Crawl over a road without getting shot at by the roadblock up ahead will work, specially if the sky is dark, or the sun is on it's way down.

And choose your weapons well.

An unsilenced sniper rifle will take out the bad-one in one shot - but all his pals will start looking for you and your team (something you can use to your advantage if you have positioned your team to cover all the meaty angles).

My wish for all of this is though that you will enjoy it - both the SP and MP modes - and cry high for full MOD-abilitiy. My personal hope is that we can give you all our content tools, so you'll basically have the same possibilities as we do. (The setup already features support for extra campaigns and adding missions to the basic campaign...Something we put in there just for the possibility...)

That's it for me

Again, enjoy the demo...

...but more-so, enjoy the game!

I rememberd reading somewhere around here or some...oh yeah, here was a post that was said that

GRAW2 will have dedicated files AND files to allow for people to host games via their IP on release it was said.

Yes it will have dedicated server files, when the FULL game is released - how difficult is that to understand?

The amount of people winging about SADS files is beyond a joke - GRIN have stated several times in several places that there will be SADS files available when the game is released. At no point did they say there would be DEMO SADS files released when the demo is released.

Oh & for those guys in AUS/NZ/ASIA - I do feel for you and I guess it was just a small oversite not to have demo servers in your region.

Make love not war!! :D

We love lurking here :)

It's great to get your "Stop lurking and speak!" post now and then.

No but seriously.

Can't say much about the game yet, but for those of you wishing for real-time day-night changes, that will not be the case, atleast not 100%.

The single player campaign progress over a time period of 72 hours or so, and would look weird if you spent 4 days completing a mission (I think you'll finish most missions faster than that though...) :P

What we do have though is light progression from within a set time limit in a mission (night turn into morning - evening turn into night etc).

Something that will perk things up a bit and be a part of your tactics (you can only use the nightvision until the sun comes up...e.g.)

Personally though, I love the stealth in GRAW 2. Some of you might have seen a stealth meter in the HUD from old designs. That HUD element is gone, but the principle is there. Stay low, move silently and you will surprise your enemies. Crawl over a road without getting shot at by the roadblock up ahead will work, specially if the sky is dark, or the sun is on it's way down.

And choose your weapons well.

An unsilenced sniper rifle will take out the bad-one in one shot - but all his pals will start looking for you and your team (something you can use to your advantage if you have positioned your team to cover all the meaty angles).

My wish for all of this is though that you will enjoy it - both the SP and MP modes - and cry high for full MOD-abilitiy. My personal hope is that we can give you all our content tools, so you'll basically have the same possibilities as we do. (The setup already features support for extra campaigns and adding missions to the basic campaign...Something we put in there just for the possibility...)

That's it for me

Again, enjoy the demo...

...but more-so, enjoy the game!

GRIN, you rule!!!! :grin1::g_withgrin::g_guns:

My personal hope is that we can give you all our content tools, so you'll basically have the same possibilities as we do. (The setup already features support for extra campaigns and adding missions to the basic campaign...Something we put in there just for the possibility...)
Tools would be nice; tools and instructions even better (English please) ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys

Great to see and hear that so many have fun!

Bo

Bo, your company has done a 180 degree turn from GRAW 1. I like what I see and I like how it plays. Only minor tweaks,that have been thus far mentioned, caught my attention. The overall attention to detail is amazing.

Well done indeed. There has not been a FPS tactical game, from UBI, this strong since RVS.

I have never pre-ordered a game...until now.

Semper Fi.

- Something needs to be done about campers, especially when you're on a limited spawn server. Either flag them with a giant beacon or make their muzzle flashes 3x as big.
If you create your own server, you can decide how long recently spawned players should be invincible to bullets! ;)

My personal hope is that we can give you all our content tools, so you'll basically have the same possibilities as we do. (The setup already features support for extra campaigns and adding missions to the basic campaign...Something we put in there just for the possibility...)
Tools would be nice; tools and instructions even better (English please) ;)

Just for you they will be in Swahili. :blink:

Hey guys.

After spending heaps of time playing the beta and this demo.

1 thing kind of annoys me at the end of each RvsA game.

I don't like how once the Ghost destroy all the ADATS that the voice over guy goes

"Get under cover, air strike underway" (Or whatever he says) and then straight away the whole map "explodes".

Now some reasons why I don't like this.

- Would in real life as soon as the anti-air threats have been eliminated, would they do an air strike on friendlies? I think once the voice over says "Get under cover, air strike underway".... thats it. The game should just end there. The whole map shouldn't explode.

- When the whole map explodes, there isn't even really an explosion sound. The map just looks like it is catching on fire without any explosion sounds. Well there is some sounds, but they are not loud and it does't seem like it's actually blowing up. Also, explosions go off infront of your face and you don't even die, or get any damage.

I dunno, I don't think it looks good and should be removed.

Personally, I think that once the 3 ADATS are destroyed, the Ghost should have to get to an extraction zone. And then perhaps there should be a cinematic of the Ghost leaving the area in Blackhawks or APCs.

By the why, why do they do an airstrike on the area? Just to blow up all those houses?

Thats all from me.

Did I mention how good the demo is? :thumbsup:

Comments welcome.....

While in game I start off with around 25-30fps, but if I change any setting (even raise it) I jump up straight to 60+. I have 2 7900GTX cards in SLI. Does this happen for anyone else, and if so is it a SLI or single card setup?

This is a indeed a weird but known behaviour on some configurations (not only SLI). Actually a simple alt-tab should give you this speed increase too.

The same alt tab that gives me a double cursor? :P Good to know though, thanks!

Same thing here Nut. 2x 7800 GTX in SLI and change anything and get an increase in FPS.(beta was the same). Also get double cursor if I alt tab.

All said and done though great follow up to a game that I enjoyed.

Edited by Bloooz07

Please note that Bo said dedicated server files not standalone dedicated server files on release. There is a difference, just out of interest have grin fixed anything from the beta in the demo.

STAND ALONE DEDICATED SERVER FILES FOR GRAW2 THE PC GAME IN 2007-

also as I said you do not need the GAME to run them.

Pros-

Better performance than GRAW 1 while looking better

Weapons and kits (M14 iron sights=awesome)

Multiple kits per class

Nades are still useful but not a problem ala GRAW 1

Textures are wonderful

Sound (when working properly)

Subtitle when you enter a new area

Enemy down voice isn't nearly as annoying

People who fire in full auto at a distance without realizing how useful semi is

Cons-

The occasional bug (such as audio bugs)

The G18 is all but useless compared to the M9 and Mk.45

Draw distance isn't any better than GRAW 1

Audio settings to not stay

Widescreen is nothing like it was in GRAW 1 (like Paddy said, cuts off)

Installation of physx drivers even if you don't have the card

Menus look too plain and feel unresponsive

Cannot chat after game

That's what I came up with off the top of my head. If coop is as good as this is, I'll be in love for quite some time.

Also, the force respawn must get changed. Maybe I don't want to respawn right away you know ;)

I would like an indication of that I've been hit, like some sort of movement, tilting camera for example. I had to look at my health bar to see if I've been hit and I got a bit surprised when I had a look at it for the first time. It was red and almost empty. Whaa? I didn't "feel" anything.

I think that would not be fair. When I was playing today I made sure to clear my path or stop every once in a while to listen to footsteps. If you suddenly spawn behind me when you were not supposed to (I'm talking about RvA here) you would have an unfair advantage over me. My 2 cents. ALso, did you really have trouble seeing when you were shot? If I recall correctly there's this static sort-of thing that goes on in your screen and I also believe there's an indicator of where you were shot from. Notice how I'm not sure myself; it shows how subtle it was yet how I was able to read it well off.

You respawn in random locations so you won't know if you will spawn behind someone. As it right now you don't even get time to change class or chat with the dead.

No, I had no idea I had been hit. I seriously had to look at the health bar. By tilting the camera you get the sort of "feeling" of getting hit.

LOL, late response :P

I really like the intro. I've watched it like 5 times already. Nice music, graphic.

I specially like the new game type.

I don't know what you guys did, but for me the performance is a lot worst the the beta version. I could play beta on 1280*1024 without problems, but now i can barely play it on 1024*768.

Anyway i hardly wait to see the whole game released, so i can drink some beers while playing it :)