MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

All the sounds in the game sound normal except for the one coming from my gun. Im using the on board sound on my asus motherboard and a USB headset. it could be vista doing some funky things too. It does that for my game Lockon it has a wierd sound glitch thats only for players on vista.

Ok it is exactly what i'm looking for - it is a 2d sound driver issue oon that card. We'll look at that card - and we'll have it fixed for the release.

Thanks!

Bo

To add to this I have creative SB XFI and a few others to have posted at Ubi.

Problem

Demo don't save user soundcard setting "X-Fi" and "Extreme" every game restart it goes back to "Hardware" and "High"

Wont save in xml.

Cheers

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made this post before I made the other good/bad one so I included the dedi issue.

That's fine that you won't include it. It's a shame because many teams would put up 24/7 servers for people and their teams to play on. Now hardly any will try. It's the game's loss and won't help it gain traction from a team/clan standpoint for purchases - just like you did with GRAW. But I see from your response that it's not very important to you. Which is a shame.

I think you misunderstood.

Dedicated files will be supplied at RELEASE of the game. So they can be used without the game but released at that point in time. Any person can use them.

Yes?

Bo

All the sounds in the game sound normal except for the one coming from my gun. Im using the on board sound on my asus motherboard and a USB headset. it could be vista doing some funky things too. It does that for my game Lockon it has a wierd sound glitch thats only for players on vista.

Ok it is exactly what i'm looking for - it is a 2d sound driver issue oon that card. We'll look at that card - and we'll have it fixed for the release.

Thanks!

Bo

Problem

Demo don't save user soundcard setting "X-Fi" and "Extreme" every game restart it goes back to "Hardware" and "High"

Wont save in xml.

Cheers

Yepp saw that. Easy fix. Demo has patch functionality so I think we get that one in pretty soon.

Thanks!

Bo

Problem

Wont save in xml.

Cheers

I can't believe Bo didn't buy Grin_Dez22 a Creative Sound X-Fi card to play with... :santa: may be Christmas :yes:

Hi All !!!!

I have a X-FI Plat with Driver 5.12.6.1187

When An Enemy is within 50 yard or less and shoots a Sniper rifle I hear No Sound from his shot but see the

Damage on the wall Beside me.

Also There was a Point when Someone was on the Stationary .50 cal And I was at the far end of the map It sounded

as if He was within 20 yards.

I really love the Echo sounds off the terrain.

Thanks....

Whats good?

Pretty much everything while in-game playing. :D All works great & lovely - <3 GRIN!

Whats bad?

The new interface before getting into the game & while waiting to start playing after joining a server. Let me explain.

(Some of these things might actually exist in the full finished release, but should have been in the demo.)

Multiplayer Screen:

1. Network Upload Speed missing - is this still required?

2. Favourites Tab missing & ability to add favs.

3. Ability to sort server list by columns - useful for finding full/empty servers & high/low ping servers.

4. Filter missing.

5. Server Info missing - I always like to see who's playing on a server before I join it.

In-game server lobby/team selection/weapon & kit selection:

1. No way to see the server name you are currently playing on.

2. No way to see what the server settings are or bring up the console while in lobby.

3. No way to un-ready up after a class is selected - useful for clan matches where you may need to go take a quick pee break or un-ready to pause while something is changed.

4. No after action screen to say GG's to your opponents or chat/wait until the next round starts.

--End List

Hopefully some of these issues can be addressed or are indeed already part of the final release, right now though the interface feels too much like a dumbed down console game - it looks pretty, but is pretty useless in functionality. :D

My hope is that GR:AW2 will have a long life for competitive matching and have at least the same if not better server/match set-up funtionality that graw1 had.

Thanks to the devs for what appears to be a great sequel to the GR:AW franchise. (Is that too sychofantic? :rofl: )

I also noticed the sound is faded from my gun and I'm also using the onboard sound card from my ASUS motherboard and using a USB headset. I had to crank my sound up on the headset to get it sounding loud. But Bo said they'll try and fix it and I'm sure they will because everything else seems good except the servers keep going down or I lose connection from em. I'm also sure this will also be fixed in a patch or the real release. Only regret I have is not knowing how to switch weapons in TDM when I was doing so well cause I was stuck with the RX4 which is pretty sweet. Anyways, thanks GRIN.

Hi All !!!!

When An Enemy is within 50 yard or less and shoots a Sniper rifle I hear No Sound from his shot but see the

Also There was a Point when Someone was on the Stationary .50 cal And I was at the far end of the map It sounded

Thanks....

And you are sure he was not using a Silencer?

I made this post before I made the other good/bad one so I included the dedi issue.

That's fine that you won't include it. It's a shame because many teams would put up 24/7 servers for people and their teams to play on. Now hardly any will try. It's the game's loss and won't help it gain traction from a team/clan standpoint for purchases - just like you did with GRAW. But I see from your response that it's not very important to you. Which is a shame.

Maybe I am reading what Bo said wrong, but aren't the dedi's being released when the actual game is released? I don't really think dedi's for the demo are that important especially if there numerous dedicated servers already up. Now I could see the need for dedi's with the demo if UBI/Gamespy didn't have dedicated servers up for it, but they do.

Thanks!

Bo

Problem

Wont save in xml.

Cheers

Yepp saw that. Easy fix. Demo has patch functionality so I think we get that one in pretty soon.

Thank You :) Nice Demo

It was TDM and the Sniper spawned at the tunnel side I was enemy just doing a walk thru with Team mate (sniper).

I can tell you that BDA will be happy at release. :)

Good to hear :)

We'll try to reproduce the sniper shot - what sound card do you have?

- Something needs to be done about campers, especially when you're on a limited spawn server. Either flag them with a giant beacon or make their muzzle flashes 3x as big.

:rofl:

I vote for automatic skins change to WD Blobby Tartan.

Pushing an extra 10 FPS here, over GRAW1, in a full server.

Alt Tab out of game seems to be a problem for me.

Tinker

:)

I had a sillier idea but it wouldn't fit in with the atmosphere of the game.

Hi All !!!!

Thanks....

And you are sure he was not using a Silencer?

HAHAHA

Wow the demo is great so i know the game will be great. Everything is exceptional except a few interface issues.

GOOD

Draw distance seems enhanced, I can see enemies from half the map maybe, never happened to me in GRAW

Engine seems optimized but i still am aching for a new Graphics card

Love the weird heat haze around muzzle flash when gun is fired.

Love the variety of weapons, wow it is awesome.

Like the new character skins , very nice

like the new music, very nice

BAD

No way to sort servers in lobby.

Cannot individually pick my weapons and attachments ( will that be allowed in full version)

Don't like the evening lighting, that is map specific though, i'm sure not all the maps will be like that.

text box is annoying and pops up even after i hit U

have faded gunshot noise sometimes

Well thats about it. The only other complaints I have are crappy framerates on higher settings but that is my own fault and ill try and fix it soon.

GREAT JOB GRiN.

Positive no silencer, it was a team mate (BDA) showing me the 3 planks sticking up and how they snap into when shot.

I cant wait to find you in a server and start killing you again. The m14 is really good now that the zoom in speed is decent now >:)

Edited by Evilducky

lethalwire(King of [GR]):

Bad:

The game is too slow. And at that, it's very sluggish. Not lag sluggish. It's as if the characters way 400lbs.

Diamonds everywhere? Wewt?

Why wait for so long? So much waiting. I left the server (due to tiredness of waiting) and sure enough, I join 4 other servers and sure enough, no play.

The sound is HORRID

That's when I uninstalled. [GR] was even faster than this. I don't care about the graphics. As long as it's a good game, I'll play it.

My 8800GTX 768mb DDR3 Quad core processor @ 2.0ghz each can run anything.

Good:

I like the night vision.

Edited by Haruko!

lethalwire(King of [GR]):

Bad:

The game is too slow. And at that, it's very sluggish. Not lag sluggish. It's as if the characters way 400lbs.

This is not a run-n-gun game, they intentionally are slowing down the run-n-gun aspect to a "Ghost-Style". That said, the uniform's sound, rubbing while moving/ running etc, sounds like a new set of cammos, get it sorted, if you have ever worn them you know after a month they sound totally different (get them washed) loose the squeaky clean sound.

I agree with the endless wait when slots are free, but there maybe method to the madness, but it should be an option to enter after 45 second time out (game start).