MP Demo Feedback + Discussion

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course they want feedback.

the full game is most likely already finished (with the release less than a month away), so GRIN is possibly already working on the first patch. I think any feedback is appreciated by GRIN

It was split off into a new topic that I can't find right now. :blink:

Sorry White knight, I thought ZJJ had been up to no good again.... I deleted the thread (as it had me as a topic starter), I thought I'd messed up posting some screwy way......, you can do it agin if you want, I promise not to do it again...

john

First Impression:

Twas awesome.

During the half hour I played I only noted one thing I disklike. The red blob that appears when you hit an enemy. Is there an option to remove it? Extremel annoying. If it's part of the Enemy Marker, disabling it will also disable the red diamonds?

Edited by Cirap

Anyone notice how fast this demo game loads, from click to intro in 10 seconds.....

but if you play windowed mode and ALT-TAB out to desktop you still get the double cursor.... :( when you go back in.

is there still the "Kill Confirmed" voice over?

During the half hour I played I only noted one thing I disklike. The red blob that appears when you hit an enemy.

Please make the red blob a serer side controlled on/off feature. I loved how in GRAW1, you saw a small amount of blood splatter when you got a hit. A much more subtle and satisfying hit indicator over the red Blob.

Anyone notice how fast this demo game loads, from click to intro in 10 seconds.....

but if you play windowed mode and ALT-TAB out to desktop you still get the double cursor.... :( when you go back in.

is there still the "Kill Confirmed" voice over?

NO (not in TDM)

Something I just noticed while playing and was asked which server I was on.

There is no way once in-game to tell the name/ip or the server you are currently playing on. (That I could see.)

I think this is defiantely needed to be shown somewhere on the TAB player stats screen & weapon selection screens so you can your comrades on comms where you are playing.

- Muzzle climb when not using ironsights needs to be tweaked down a wee bit more. The ironsight muzzle climb is perfect.

- The "enemy down!" voice over plays only when you take down a tango.

- Something needs to be done about campers, especially when you're on a limited spawn server. Either flag them with a giant beacon or make their muzzle flashes 3x as big.

- Death messages should also be in place when you're using the death cam.

Edited by Agent Smith

My impression is that this is really an awesome game. :thumbsup:

I like the gameplay and the graphics and it's fun to play it.

But I would like the ability to filter (e.g. hide locked and full servers) and sort the servers (e.g. by ping).

Edited by DarkG

i ran the graw 2 demo on:

amd 64 3200

1024 ram(old)

9800 pro(128 mb)

low settings with 20 to 35 fps. i stayed in 2nd or 3rd place most of the time. was in 1st place when i quit. its playable for sure but i'll get a 7600gs agp if i decide to buy the game (if the a.i. in co-op and single player is good.)

As it is right now you can't sort the server list by ping, server name, map etc. Must be changed.

Also, the force respawn must get changed. Maybe I don't want to respawn right away you know ;)

I would like an indication of that I've been hit, like some sort of movement, tilting camera for example. I had to look at my health bar to see if I've been hit and I got a bit surprised when I had a look at it for the first time. It was red and almost empty. Whaa? I didn't "feel" anything.

The demo looks fine though. Seem like you changed the lightning on the map GRIN, which is neat.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the "no feeling" of getting hit. Just tilt the camera a bit.

EDIT: Btw, watch out for rOxOr_I. He like teamkills.

Edited by Hockeystick

The ingame chat box and the "who killed who" drop down on the right are huge!

If both come up at once, you lose a large amount of your screen. An option to turn them off or toggle them would be nice.

Game runs smooth though, Guns seem less accurate and less lethal than GRAW one...but that could just be cause Im rusty.

First off some little things that I am thus far impressed with that don't have anything really to do with the actual gameplay. The interface is very intuitive to me (menus, weapon selection, etc.). The new options in the controls menu like buttons to vote yes or no with are a definate plus. 2 different buttons for crouch and backslide giving you more control over your player. I am sure there are more. I know those are small details but they show me that GRIN has really listened to the feedback they have gotten in the past and made the effort to make as many people as possible happy.

The new lighting for the Calavera map (compared to the beta) is great. The draw distance is great for picking off unsuspecting enemies. I really enjoyed the RvsA gamemode from the beta and still do in the demo. I hope alot of people/servers play it more than in the beta. To me it incorporates 3 different aspets of gamemodes into one: TDM, no respawns and an objective based mode. I think once people start to get a feel for how to play it and the tactics associated with it they will have fun with it. I played some RvsA first then went and tried to play some TDM and it just wasn't nearly as interesting to me. The increase in recoil (from GRAW) shooting from the hip and scoped in is a big plus as it forces people to actually aim instead of fire first then aim as you continue to fire. Single shot also has a purpose now. ;)

Overall I think GRAW2 is a big step up from GRAW so far (not that I thought GRAW was bad or anything). More to come........

1. server list grid can't be sorted

2. FSAA didn't seem to do much, if anything at all

3. movement is way to slow; I can crawl faster than the walking speed in this game

4. not many options for hosting a server

I was really excited about this game, however I am not sure I want it now. It just didn't turn me on. lol

But maybe it will grow on me. :unsure:

This is my first time ever playing GRAW, so please forgive my ignorance. I never played GRAW1 because I didn't like the handling of it, but I decided to give GRAW 2 a try and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly. With that said...

Also, the force respawn must get changed. Maybe I don't want to respawn right away you know ;)

I would like an indication of that I've been hit, like some sort of movement, tilting camera for example. I had to look at my health bar to see if I've been hit and I got a bit surprised when I had a look at it for the first time. It was red and almost empty. Whaa? I didn't "feel" anything.

I think that would not be fair. When I was playing today I made sure to clear my path or stop every once in a while to listen to footsteps. If you suddenly spawn behind me when you were not supposed to (I'm talking about RvA here) you would have an unfair advantage over me. My 2 cents. ALso, did you really have trouble seeing when you were shot? If I recall correctly there's this static sort-of thing that goes on in your screen and I also believe there's an indicator of where you were shot from. Notice how I'm not sure myself; it shows how subtle it was yet how I was able to read it well off.

The ingame chat box and the "who killed who" drop down on the right are huge!

If both come up at once, you lose a large amount of your screen. An option to turn them off or toggle them would be nice.

Game runs smooth though, Guns seem less accurate and less lethal than GRAW one...but that could just be cause Im rusty.

I noticed that too! There was this time where the tagged rebels screen was on, the chat box was on and the kill history was on and I became so frustrated because I could hardly see anything. Above all, I was hearing an enemy around me and I couldn't see very well. Maybe something could be done to minimze them? Although I find it great how they eventually fade out. Perhaps if there's a limit as to how many can be on at the same time? Think about it... the tagged rebels is good information, but is it really necessary? It says their name and their number I believe. Maybe when the screen gets really cluttered it could be minimize to numbers only, but who knows how hard that would be to accomplish. I don't know what could be done about the chat box. It's been around since GRAW 1 so I won't think of anything for it.

THose have been my 4 cents, total sum.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say, great work GRIN. I actually had a lot of fun, although I still have much to learn.

Oh, and this is what I mean with the cluttered screen thing. Notice how large the tagged rebel screen can get :( (My name is Color_Napkin)

170223223xv8.th.png

Edited by Lethal.Ambition