Graw2PC MP Demo bugs

not to sound really dumb or anything.. but I cant seem to find the crashlog for graw2's demo.. I know where it is in graw1 but its not in the same place for graw2.. anyone wanna tell me where it is? I got a crash from hudtagging, and wanted to show GRIN, so they can look into it even though its really probably not that big of a deal..

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a bug or if it was just bad internet lag. I was playing TDM last night and was following closely behind a team mate as we hunted for someone to kill. As the guy in front of me passed a corner he was gunned down and as this happened I froze for a couple of seconds. I thought the game had frozen but it came back just as the enemy gunned me down. Pretty lame moment <_< . It only happened that one time and hasn't happened again. I am willing to bet it was just bad internet lag because many people on the server had really bad ping times.

hmm i managed to get a suicide with the mp5 in the Scramber kit. the server was lagging at the time but i was just unloading into someone and died with a suicide message :(

also when the servers are lagging, quite often you throw a nade as far as possible and you see it go but you get a suicide. other players just see you drop the nade on the floor by your feet :/

self pwnage sux :( :(

I got this crash last night. Its the first time this game has crashed on me or any of my clanmates

Crash in application version: 29520.2404

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: upright_stock_fold in type <HumanGrenadeThrower>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

System info

AMD 3800 X2

Windows xp home service pack 2

ATI x800 pro CAt 7.5 drivers

1 gig DDR ram

Edited by =AO=Stryck_9

also when the servers are lagging, quite often you throw a nade as far as possible and you see it go but you get a suicide. other players just see you drop the nade on the floor by your feet :/

i can confirm this grenade issue.

The time delay aspects, the alternate scenario is, you throw the grenade and it lands somewhere and kills someone, but to them your lag put you running, so how could you throw a grenade?, hack?, nop, just lag of data being sent out from laggy players. I noticed that in GRAW2 there is a disconnect player due to high lag. this value is server settable, so lowering this will in effect get rid of players in lag, which leads to this problem.

You can't have it both ways when there is lag between players, A kills B or A kills nobody (but in this case himself).

<var name="max_move_without_ack_time" type="number" default="2" />							<!-- (Seconds) How long a player may keep moving without server verification. Lower will make it harder for cheaters and people with bad connections -->

It's a catch 22 situation. If this value is high you don't get kicked but strange things happen... my 2 cents, too low you get kicked but, UFO's stay at home.

Hey everyone !

I do not know if this is bug or feature , but as i understund when u play TvT DM u do not sopouse to see red diamond on enemy soldier , but i sow that , and it was no RvA game . And in the same time as red diamond i was able to see same player as red dot on map (not the small one in upper corner , but whole one ). It was first game of the night in that server , and there was just 3 of us . 2 on my team , and 1 on other . My teammate was unable to see red dot on map or red diamond , and i unfortunatly did not take screenshot . Red diamond fadded away after some time , and then come back again. That happened in that game only . In next and all other rounds everything was perfect. Has anyone had anything similar?

The time delay aspects, the alternate scenario is, you throw the grenade and it lands somewhere and kills someone, but to them your lag put you running, so how could you throw a grenade?, hack?, nop, just lag of data being sent out from laggy players. I noticed that in GRAW2 there is a disconnect player due to high lag. this value is server settable, so lowering this will in effect get rid of players in lag, which leads to this problem.

Not trying to be smart, but you mean "who causes leads to" and not "which" in the last paragraph? I am sorry if the fault is by me. :blink:

Crash in application version: 29520.2404

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Happened at the end of a game tonight... at the game summary screen, then blammo, got the error.

Intel C2D 6400, 2gb RAM, Asus motherboard, EVGA 8800GTS with 158.22 drivers

Not really a big bug, but more of a cosmetic messup.. I noticed this in the recon vs assault mod, and if you get to teh star rank on the ghost, you get the m416 with the grenade launcher. Well if you hit F, the picture of the grenade launder if a m8 carbine instead of the m416. Like I said, not really a big deal, but though I would address that so you can fix the slight goof up. Thats all.

Hey everyone !

I do not know if this is bug or feature , but as i understund when u play TvT DM u do not sopouse to see red diamond on enemy soldier , but i sow that , and it was no RvA game . And in the same time as red diamond i was able to see same player as red dot on map (not the small one in upper corner , but whole one ). It was first game of the night in that server , and there was just 3 of us . 2 on my team , and 1 on other . My teammate was unable to see red dot on map or red diamond , and i unfortunatly did not take screenshot . Red diamond fadded away after some time , and then come back again. That happened in that game only . In next and all other rounds everything was perfect. Has anyone had anything similar?

Welcome Maestro ;)

I've got an Auzentech Xplosion DTS sound card running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Game automatically detects "general hardware" and "medium setting" for sound. On this setting, or any setting under "general hardware", sounds from my own gun are extremely, extremely quiet. I had posted about this before so that GRIN would be aware of it.

Just thought I'd update you...yesterday I discovered that if I set it to "general software" all sounds seem to work properly. Just a heads up b/c I know they're working on sound issues.

Odd, as this is one of the best soundcards, albeit less known than the others.

I've got an Auzentech Xplosion DTS sound card running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Game automatically detects "general hardware" and "medium setting" for sound. On this setting, or any setting under "general hardware", sounds from my own gun are extremely, extremely quiet. I had posted about this before so that GRIN would be aware of it.

Just thought I'd update you...yesterday I discovered that if I set it to "general software" all sounds seem to work properly. Just a heads up b/c I know they're working on sound issues.

Same problems here (also solved with generic software settings) , and i have Sb Live 5.1 with project KX drivers coz official one dont work on vista .

BTW i just ordered x-fi extreme gamer and some 5.1 headphones :)

Same problems here (also solved with generic software settings) , and i have Sb Live 5.1 with project KX drivers coz official one dont work on vista .

BTW i just ordered x-fi extreme gamer and some 5.1 headphones :)

x-fi music is cheaper, and offers the same amount of sound.... and has virtual surround which works better than 5.1 as far as I've read on different forums..... Sorry mate..... don't want to spoil your appetite for your new gear :D

I just installed the new Nvidia Forceware 162.15 BETA Windows XP driver for FX/6/7/8 series Geforce cards available at Nvidia's www.nzone.com . The GRAW2 demo does not recognize the driver and causes the game to crash. Also, in GRAW the driver also has a bug with dynamic shadows that makes no objects project a dynamic shadow. Instead I get a big square shadow that follows me around all over the map on the ground. Turning off dynamic shadows obviously fixed the problem but of course it doesn't look very good without dynamic shadows. I hope GRIN reads this post and informs Nvidia of the problems because these issues are not in the issues section of the driver's release notes. I have gone back to the 93.71 driver in the mean time until Nvidia can sort out their latest driver's bugs.

Edited by Demanufakture

I just installed the new Nvidia Forceware 162.15 BETA Windows XP driver for FX/6/7/8 series Geforce cards

......... 93.71 driver .

That's a big jump from 93.71 to Full on beta 162.15 !! (NOT EVEN CERT.)

I use XP Pro & Driver 6.14.11.5822 (158.22) good !! TRY THOSE (from nvidia)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html

ForceWare Release 158

Version: 158.22

Release Date: May 17, 2007

WHQL Certified

I use to use the 93.71 (perfect)

BETA is BETA, I rarely see BETA drivers working 100% on software.

I just installed the new Nvidia Forceware 162.15 BETA Windows XP driver for FX/6/7/8 series Geforce cards

......... 93.71 driver .

That's a big jump from 93.71 to Full on beta 162.15 !! (NOT EVEN CERT.)

I use XP Pro & Driver 6.14.11.5822 (158.22) good !! TRY THOSE (from nvidia)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html

ForceWare Release 158

Version: 158.22

Release Date: May 17, 2007

WHQL Certified

I use to use the 93.71 (perfect)

BETA is BETA, I rarely see BETA drivers working 100% on software.

Thanks for trying to help but that 158.22 driver doesn't support Geforce 7 series cards or lower so I can't use it. The official beta 162.15 drivers are the only drivers in the hundreds that support my Geforce 7 officialy and they have GRAW and GRAW2 bugs. I'm just going to have to wait until Nvidia puts out a new driver again. :ermm:

Edited by Demanufakture

Too lazy to read previous posts:

Sound Issues after digging a little.

Switching from default setting to actual card and hardware acceleration @ LOW, MED, HIGH, and extreme, ingame sounds get misplaced, client footsteps become intermittent, sometimes fail to make any footstep sounds at all. Problem persists after switching back to default settings without reloading game.

On extreme settings: Ambient noise overpowers all other sounds, localization goes out the window. footsteps, reloading, and firing sounds clip or do not play at all and/ or, are intermittent.

MSG and M14 rifle sounds are too loud compared to rest of inventory...should not be twice as loud as .50 cal

Have not tested "software acceleration" settings

Confirm game fails to save sound settings in options after shutting down game.

Creative Xfi Extreme music card.

Win xp SP2

latest drivers set.