GRAW 2 PC preview and 19 new screens.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good but I notice the maps appear to confine you to going where they want you to go and not allowing you to scout out and flank the enemy. ie. unclimbable terrain.

It's difficult to say from what we've seen so far, because we don't know the location of the enemy. Just because you're headed down a narrow street or path doesn't mean you're headed right towards the enemy, you may be flanking him. It all depends on the enemy location and the number of available paths Grin gives us to engage or avoid them. Think about the tactical options. Take the narrow flanking path and risk being esaily trapped with no room to manuver or take the more open frontal approach with room for setting up crossfires and manuvering.

I do like what I see. BTW, June 7 just happens to be my birthday, a fine day to release the demo!

As noted in some of the SS it's all WIP but, maybe they should rethink the descriptors of the Special Achievements...Man of Steel?

C-4 charge is no longer glowing, hard to tell from the pic though whether it's still a scripted prop or not. Looks like they might have pulled the games equivalent of a pop-up (Nar-Com) off the playing field and stuck it in the planning/selection window where it belongs.

Progress. :thumbsup:

I'm liking the look of this now, you actually get a briefing instead of just a rambling general in a uh-60 :). Getting a new rig at the weekend so I think this game is going to run like as smooth as butter on max settings xD.

Looks good. I like the new mission briefing and load out/team selection screen. Feels more "recony" less Hollywood.

I do hope you can add more weapons yourself, because that screen is full for primaries, and I don't see any scroll bar. Hopefully that's only because it's "exactly" full and not over full. In the first one, if you added more and your screen res is too low, they just kept going over the interface boundries.

.......I ran the game with an Athlon 64 X2 5200+ and a Geforce 8800 GTS with max details on 1280x1024 resolution, and I received about 70 frames per second. This is a vast improvement over the original GRAW,

Best part of preview.

Amoo

wait a minute what is the name of the game in the screenshots. That game is BEAST. I cannot believe that that game is GRAW2 it looks reinvented. Graphics are the same but they were good to start off with. GRiN you guys are awesome i cannot wait till thursday. Oh my god just looking at it gives me a boner.........just kidding but seriously.

I like the looks of the screens shown so far including these. The best thing I notice is that we do not have that funny orange/gold sheen to everything. There is some actual color to this game. I like how the briefing screen is. It is informative and seems to show some intel on the map.

Good job so far GRIN.

Yes. They definitely took a lot of feedback from us:

THE END-USER.

I'm sorry that Ubi gets all the props for all the advancements in the build...I bet you guys bite your proverbial tongue on the regular when you see that one.

Either way...this may be the straw that I upgrade from a 3200 XP and 6800 GT finally.

Yeah I'm feeling it, Brettzies is feeling it, and Hockeystick, ur feeling it! Now, bones it. Then you padlock it! And you put the chain on it! Did these screens blow your mind?! THEY JUST HAPPENED! lol sorry I'm just quoting movies I've just seen to express how much I love all these new screens. Shake and bake!!!

I do hope you can add more weapons yourself, because that screen is full for primaries, and I don't see any scroll bar. Hopefully that's only because it's "exactly" full and not over full. In the first one, if you added more and your screen res is too low, they just kept going over the interface boundries.

There is a scrollbar if the resolution requires it.

Is it one or two insertions in that mission?

First I thought it was one because there was only one option (A: Airports Insertion) but if you read the Mission Briefing two insertions are described (B: Behind enemy Lines).

Maybe the other option disappears when you have selected one :hmm:

Anybody notice that at the top of the page that it says the game will have the medic as a new class? If this is true for the pc version that is great news for me as I wanted this feature in the pc version. However, how do we know that isn't a typo? I know many of you don't want to see the medic class in the game, but seeing as how you can now select your squad and each member has his own abilities, I think having a medic class would be great. You wouldn't have to pick him if you didn't want to. It would be perfect for people who don't want the medic and those that do. Any GRIN employees want to comment about this medic thing? It would clear up some confusion over this medic feature. Great job GRIN. This game is going to rule. I'm getting a new job tomorrow at a liquor store and should get my first check in 2 weeks. Just in time for GRAW2 pc! :rambo:

It also looks like now you can pick up enemy weapons now if you need to like in GR2/SS. That is going to be a very welcome feature. :thumbsup:

I also just noticed that the mission debriefing screen has a section for evacuated ghosts. Am I to believe that GRIN finally has made it where we don't have to leave downed men in the field like in GRAW1 to only have them magically return for the next mission? It seems that now maybe we can get an extraction for downed ghosts so that they can get some medical attention and be ready for the next mission. I hope that is what that pic is trying to tell us.

Edited by Demanufakture

The arms of the enemy can be taken

I get a "Dead Presidents" or maybe "Universal Soldiers" kind of flash from that. Collecting bodyparts from the enemy. :P

Any GRIN employees want to comment about this medic thing? It would clear up some confusion over this medic feature.

Never been any confusion. The medic class has never been included in any PC specific info from either developer nor publisher. It's not in.

I hope that is what that pic is trying to tell us.

It tells you which ghosts got taken out of combat during the mission.

some new screens and preview at eurogamer.de :thumbsup:

Screens / Preview !!!

I was just watching that.

Creepy... :blink:

Look at the detail on that second pic.

Edit: Could someone explain or translate this a little better:

Unfortunately not all new diagram effects of the Xbox 360-Fassung on the PC created it. In the Preview version one cannot turn yet all automatic controllers fully on, but particularly the weather effects look quite lean. The general impression succeeded naturally nevertheless and it nevertheless gives exclusive AEG ice a physics map support. Those hardly brings optical advantages, but provides straight on middle class computers for a thick performance thrust. The Blöde to it: With the 170 euro for the map one can rig theoretically equal the system and clean-get so the projection/lead again. So also GRAW 2 is not a genuine purchase argument for the expensive auxiliary hardware.

Edited by Hockeystick

The arms of the enemy can be taken

I get a "Dead Presidents" or maybe "Universal Soldiers" kind of flash from that. Collecting bodyparts from the enemy. :P

firearms is more correct ? Sorry , my english is very bad

Edit: Could someone explain or translate this a little better:

Unfortunately not all new diagram effects of the Xbox 360-Fassung on the PC created it. In the Preview version one cannot turn yet all automatic controllers fully on, but particularly the weather effects look quite lean. The general impression succeeded naturally nevertheless and it nevertheless gives exclusive AEG ice a physics map support. Those hardly brings optical advantages, but provides straight on middle class computers for a thick performance thrust. The Bl�de to it: With the 170 euro for the map one can rig theoretically equal the system and clean-get so the projection/lead again. So also GRAW 2 is not a genuine purchase argument for the expensive auxiliary hardware.

It should be something like that, most parts translated freely. Also the testers seem to miss, that the engine of GRAW 2 360 and GRAW 2 PC is something totally different. You'll see what I mean after reading the first line.

"Unfortunately not all new graphic-effects made it to the PC-version from the Xbox360-version. Though you are not able to turn on/high all graphic-options in the preview-version, the weather-effects do look very thin. The overall-impression of course is good and there is the exclusive Ageia-PhysX-support, though it is not delivering many visual effects, midd-class-systems get a nice performance boost with an Ageia-PhysX.

The bad thing about it is, that with the 170euros a PhysX-card costs, you also can get other better hardware that is compatible with all games. That leaves GRAW 2 to be not an argument to buy an Ageia-PhysX-card."

edit: after reading the complete preview, the testers are aware of the fact, that the PC-version is developed somewhere else. But it does look like they are taking the 360-version as a reference and would like to have some aspects of it(graphical-wise).

Edited by rookie