GRAW2 / GRAW1 - TuG Player Stats

Thanks for all your comments.

Having a global stats system is possible. We could easily have a central database which would retrieve player totals on a daily basis from each of the clan stats servers. This would avoid processing each of the thousands of XML round files individually.

But before even contemplating such things, we first want to release what we currently have and make sure it works on a range of different systems/setups/browsers.

But please keep up the ideas & feedback in order for us to improve it for everyone.

Thanks for all your comments.

Having a global stats system is possible. We could easily have a central database which would retrieve player totals on a daily basis from each of the clan stats servers. This would avoid processing each of the thousands of XML round files individually.

But before even contemplating such things, we first want to release what we currently have and make sure it works on a range of different systems/setups/browsers.

But please keep up the ideas & feedback in order for us to improve it for everyone.

I totally agee, get it in motion before going onto an idea of collecting stats from several servers. That said, each server is different and whether Germany ghosts would allow there stats to be part of your stats is another thing. Like someone said, it's good for each server to maintain their stats which leads to a sense of achievement on that server. BDA is all for that. but globally, that can wait, it's been over a year since GRAW1 so....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news - its coming along nicely & is looking good for release within the next couple of days!! (Barring any acts of god & us playing too much of the GRAW2 demo over the weekend.)

Have just updated some gfx this morning & tweaked the configs file

Check out the changes here:

http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw...yer=.TuG.Beaver

see what you think. :D

** UPDATE #1 - Sunday 10th June 2007 **

I have finally finished the Install & Set-up Guide html file for the stats package & would like some feedback on its content & ease of understanding.

The work-in-progress install guide is here:

http://www.tugteam.com/grawstats/tug_graw_...ats_readme.html

and I would appreciate feedback via our official support forum listed in the guide.

Thanks.

P.S. We've pretty much finished everything for the initial release & may need to make some minor adjustments once we do our test imports. Fingers crossed it should be available in the next day or so. :D

Step 2 - Upload Files:

1. Create a folder in the root of your webhosting - default is '/grawstats'.

2. Upload all the files to their default directories as listed below. Note that this guide assumes you are installing the files in a folder called 'grawstats' in the root of your site.

Note: Be sure to upload the /grawstats/images folder and their contents in Binary mode and the other files in ASCII mode.

IDIOTS GUIDE:

When you say:

Step 2 - Upload Files:

1. Create a folder in the root of your webhosting - default is '/grawstats'.

you mean FTP to your website/ webhost

which then leaves you with the folder that is normally the website

/public_html

Now step up one folder to ROOT normally shown as " / " (on an FTP accessed server)

Here you will normally see folders like " .htpasswds " , " etc " , " public_html "

Now make the folder here, by clicking create new folder and name it " grawstats "

/grawstats

Sorry but this is what you mean ? or I'm in the wrong place..... (please remember I a'm helping to make the " IDIOTS GUIDE" )

I think your pushing that one :D even my dad would have problems, I'd be happy if 100% of the guys that are interested on GR.net could do it, and that may be a better term...

edit p.s.

Trouble is one small mistake and it all goes like a house of cards

** UPDATE #1 - Sunday 10th June 2007 **

I have finally finished the Install & Set-up Guide html file for the stats package & would like some feedback on its content & ease of understanding.

Awesome work you guys. Feedback below.

Introduction

Typo "advacned"

Step 1 - MySQL database & config set-up:

Step 1. - (1) Can the new dbase be called anything, or a specific name? (2) Consider adding "In your website control panel", i.e. to make a distinction between the website server and the game server. I have seen many questions along these lines with other stat programs, so you could nail that one down from the get go.

Step 3 - Import some XML files into the database: First, you should upload a few XML log files into the '/grawstats/graw-xml-data/' folder. - Maybe spell out exactly where the user can find the log files.?

Those are really minor points though, you did a great job of those instructions for sure!

Finally, please let me know if it will be okay to mirror the download at filefront and add it to our downloads system here, or if you will prefer a link back to your own site and download only.

** UPDATE #2 - Tuesday 12th June 2007 **

Thanks for the feedback so far on the install guide - I've made a few changes to make it a little clearer.

------------------------

Note:

One thing I do want to stress though, is that it will not be a '(Complete) IDIOTS' guide.

Whoever is installing it for your clan should have some knowledge of how web hosting works, how to create a db, upload files, etc.

------------------------

I've done a complete fresh install of the stat files on my own server, following the guide & imported about 130 XML log files from all the GR:AW1 matches that .TuG. has played over the last year against such teams as - WD13th, SweX, vU, BPR.....

You can see the import here:

http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw-match-stats

What this basically means is that we have the stats installed twice on our server, using different databases to track different things.

The good news is that everything appears to be working as expected, so we should be releasing the files either later this evening or tomorrow. :D

** UPDATE #3 - Wednesday 13th June 2007 - 00:14 **

Good new boys & girls, after spending the last 2 hours updating the readme, we are pleased to announce that the stats package is now officially released.

You can find it for download over on our forums here:

http://www.tugteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6161

Rocky will be putting up an Official Mirror here at gr.net shortly.

A very BIG thanks to .TuG.brok21k for all his hard work over the last couple of months getting the code sorted. :D

Brief update...

Small bug found with the dbsetup.sql - I forgot to set mysql4 compatility mode when exporting the table structure, so if you have mysql4 - the table create wont work.

However, theres a new dbsetup.sql file attached to the release thread on our forums & the main release ZIP has been updated.

Sorry about that.

Also, we will be releasing a small bug fix version on wednesday evening at 6pm UK time - for some other minor issues.

We'll be monitoring the official support forum all day tomorrow (13th) for other issues.

Thanks.

1.02 works great on php4

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...page=Serverinfo

still messing with the css some though.

Also testing a few auto ftp... thinking i may do a batch command line ftp upload so i can script an auto delete on the server for the logs after uploading and set it on a 1/2 hour schedule.

If i get it done this weekend i'll post it on tug for you all to mess with.