GRAW2 / GRAW1 - TuG Player Stats

TuG.brok21k & myself have been busy (especially brok21k) over the last few months developing a player stats system for GR:AW/GR:AW2 and are aiming to release it in the next week or so for public use.

The TuG GR:AW Player Stats system basically takes all your XML log files saved on your dedicated servers and imports them into a MySQL database. We then have a nice front-end system which can be integrated into just about any website to show off all those stats. To run the stats, your web hosting must have php/mysql support (mysql for the db, while the front-end is written in php).

Features:

• Import all XML log files from GR:AW / GR:AW2.
  • Customisable through changing the CSS to match your current website scheme.
  • Standalone or integrate into your existing site.
  • Customisable country of origin flags for known players.
  • Player search.
  • Individual player profile stats page, including stats for all maps played.
  • Best ever round, Worst ever round, last 10 rounds.
  • Ability to drill down to every single round you have ever played on the server & then view the round stats.
  • and many other features...

We will be updating the project as we find new & exciting things to add into it. Eventually, it will also incorporate the ability to import all your Competitive Match stats and display them seperately so you can brag about how much you own!! :D

Below are a few screenshots to wet the appetite. You can also see an example of the stand-alone & integrated working version over on our website too.

Integrated version: http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw-stats

Stand-alone version: http://www.tugteam.com/grawstats/display.php

Project Forum at tugteam.com: http://www.tugteam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Teaser pics:

Main Page

Player Profile Page - Played Most as MEX

Player Profile Page - Played Most as US

Round Stats

Enjoy!!

Moderator Edit: Large images changed to links per forum rules.

Edited by ZJJ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, Beaver & Brok21,

One point, I did not read all your docs, but is it possible to list like you have shown and to make a second list showing, for instance only clan members by tag ? I know your sample shows TUG at the top on a separate board but I assumed that was because of testing.

best regards

viiiper

p.s. Great piece of work, (something Grin should of thought of) :thumbsup:

p.s. Great piece of work, (something Grin should of thought of) :thumbsup:

Don't confuse "thinking of something" for "having the time and resources to implement something". Priorities are funny things in software development. And they get "funnier" as deadlines approach.

To be honest, the coding of php script to pull out and display stats from the log files on the server are far easier for a developer like Grin (for example) than some third party like TUG to make a reality. Beaver & TuG.brok21k would of had it alot harder than Grin to add the additional php code to make this possible.

Priorities may be a funny thing but making a game for a community which GRAW is, (as the multiplyer aspect is) GRINS key (as they have said) and basic features like "Stats" are a must if a community is to make the game more than just another battlefield.

If your statement were true of developers and Grin in this case, then they should look again at the key elements that make a tactical fighting game more than another one in the pile. This thread is about TUG's new script for Stats and I applauded them for making this, it should of been GRIN, no excuses.

I love custom stats scripts, so congrats to you guys for giving it a go. BF2 had a quite a few, and it's from my experience of that I'll offer up some advice.

Whatever you do please include cast iron idiot proof instructions for webmasters on installing your script. So often clever coders forget that the end user will probably not be nearly as code savvy as themselves. Unless the bundled instructions are clear you risk two things, (1) limiting the number of downloads and (2) seeing your support forum/email bombarded with repetitive support queries.

Your stats look extremely polished, very cool!

I second, what Rocky says in his post, what ever you do, include "The Dummies Guide to TuG's Stats for GRAW Series". The one area that can make an Application popular and hit it's full audience is with good instructions. Looking forward to this little gem ;)

Just as a question... does the mysql have to be on your game server or do you have an automatic upload script? Currently the one we have now auto uploads at end of round.

No, the mysql doesnt have to be on the game server, we're currently testing a scheduled auto-ftp method to send the XML files to our web host from the game server. We'll then have a cron event running on the web server to run the import.php script at regular intervals.

I love custom stats scripts, so congrats to you guys for giving it a go. BF2 had a quite a few, and it's from my experience of that I'll offer up some advice.

Whatever you do please include cast iron idiot proof instructions for webmasters on installing your script. So often clever coders forget that the end user will probably not be nearly as code savvy as themselves. Unless the bundled instructions are clear you risk two things, (1) limiting the number of downloads and (2) seeing your support forum/email bombarded with repetitive support queries.

We'll be sure to try & make it as 'idiot' proof as possbile. :D

Right now its pretty simple, theres one .sql file to create the correct tables in the db. We then have an import.php (for importing the stats files into the db. We have a display.php for showing the stats. We have a config file for the country flag to known player association & then an images folder with all the flags images. oh and there will probably be an external CSS file too for customisation.

There may then be some supplemental files for automating the process of getting the XML files off your dedicated server and onto your web hosting.

Nice Job guys real nice. :thumbsup:

Beta probably. Weren't there serveral Tug players in it?

I believe they help set up the servers for the Beta, not 100% though.

Very active and dedicated to the game, not a bad bunch really, :P

Me & Brok just helped the server provider test the servers where all working correctly before the beta was launched, we didnt actually set anything up. :D

oh & we miss you on TS colin!

GREAT!... So... when can we get it?

Will you have a donations link set up? (if good i'm sure and us and other clans will contribute.

btw looks good.

http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw...layer=ROCO*AFZ*

Look there i am... I'm famous!

I'm famous too.... http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw...yer=.TuG.Beaver :rolleyes:

We are aiming for the 1st public release within the next 2 weeks (although the demo might hold us up for a couple of days while we play it!!) - we just need to tidy up a couple of things & do a mass re-import of all the XML logs we have from our server (over 5800 rounds) at last count to bring the test db up to date & test the auto-ftp script.

I had actually planned on putting our paypal donations link back up on our site this weekend, but this is NOT for the stats project, its for our dedicated server running costs & was to remind my own team members to pay up... lol.

We certainly wont be charging anything for the stats package on release or expect any kind of donations for it. :D

Edited by Beaver

We certainly wont be charging anything for the stats package on release or expect any kind of donations for it. :D

The good will of the Brits again :whistle: whistle anthem now. Much appreciated guys.

p.s. I'm one too, honest (Leeds)

could that be a hint to you Rocky?(bolded above) :P

GREAT!... So... when can we get it?

Will you have a donations link set up? (if good i'm sure and us and other clans will contribute.

btw looks good.

http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw...layer=ROCO*AFZ*

Look there i am... I'm famous!

I'm famous too.... http://www.tugteam.com/index.php?page=graw...yer=.TuG.Beaver :rolleyes:

We are aiming for the 1st public release within the next 2 weeks (although the demo might hold us up for a couple of days while we play it!!) - we just need to tidy up a couple of things & do a mass re-import of all the XML logs we have from our server (over 5800 rounds) at last count to bring the test db up to date & test the auto-ftp script.

I had actually planned on putting our paypal donations link back up on our site this weekend, but this is NOT for the stats project, its for our dedicated server running costs & was to remind my own team members to pay up... lol.

Hard work though deserves it. I'm not talking forced donations but some would drop some coin your way i bet for appreciation. Heck we paid 10$ for the one we have now for GRAW1.

What would be the possibilities if a group of admins pointed their xml uploads to one site? Maybe someone like GR.net ;) could have a stats page, where admins who are active here could post their server xml's to get more complete stat tracking other than on a server per server basis. Either way keep up the good work it looks great.

Once TuG. gets it all packaged up you'll be able to see, but don't hold your breath, we have over 250mb of stat files (some 10,000) dating back to last year December. It be a mamouth task to collate stat files from servers willing to take part.

Secondly, I would be happy with the app. TuG has been working on as a great addition to the game & servers that still support GRAW (all 10 of them +/- 1 :o ). Hopefully this will improve with GRAW2.

Theres one small flaw with trying to import files from multiple servers into 1 db - right now we are using the time/date within a file to make it unique in the db (the key if you will) - there's no other mechanism that is unique in the files or the filename that would allow us to import multiple sets of data. :(

just been checking this out, very impressive stuff :thumbsup:

regarding the previous posts i was remembering back to the system that Enemy Offline had running for GR @ battlecamp.com

they were pulling stats from at least 5 servers and merging them in one database. The guys name eludes me, but someone will know who i mean from EO :wall: , it might be worth asking those guys to see how they did it, unless the format is completely different. (and if you were thinking of going down that route anyway).

Thanks for all your comments.

Having a global stats system is possible. We could easily have a central database which would retrieve player totals on a daily basis from each of the clan stats servers. This would avoid processing each of the thousands of XML round files individually.

But before even contemplating such things, we first want to release what we currently have and make sure it works on a range of different systems/setups/browsers.

But please keep up the ideas & feedback in order for us to improve it for everyone.