An elegantly simple device to seperate rumor from fact...

MAX419

This device can be expressed in four words:

BACK UP YOUR ASSERTIONS

Or, as I like to call it, BUYA

If you have heard that GRAW2 is the last GR game to be made, please, give us a link to where you heard this news.

If you have heard that GRAW2 is ranking dead-last in XBL play, please, give us a link to the data.

If you have heard that pink camo will be in the next DLC....well, you get the picture...

I am by no means calling anyone out or calling anyone a liar. Not at all. I'm just saying that we need to be careful as some folks tend to treat rumors as gospel and start spreading them as such. :thumbsup:

GRAW2 is number 9 on XBL (for the second week in a row).

http://www.majornelson.com/default.aspx?p=2

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)

1 Gears of War

2 Crackdown

3 Halo 3 Beta

4 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

5 Forza Motorsport 2 Demo

6 Guitar Hero II

7 Aegis Wing

8 Call Of Duty 3

9 GRAW 2

10 Oblivion

See? That's all I'm asking for! I'm not exactly wanting it as a response to this thread, but hey....

(though one has to wonder about a list that includes Oblivion as an XBL title....but that's for another thread).

If Oblivion doesn't have MP, then this list does not measure players playing MP, it is measuring players playing the game whether they are playing online or just are signed into Live and playing the game offline. This is no measure of a game's popularity online.

The second thing I notice is that the only tactical shooters are GRAW and R6, which means that most people prefer to play run and gun games like Halo and COD, and there is only a marginal interest in a more realistic milsim game.

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)

1 Gears of War

2 Crackdown (clearly rank is supported by people signing in to Crackdown to launch H3 beta)

3 Halo 3 Beta (This is a marketing ploy, not a game yet)

4 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

5 Forza Motorsport 2 Demo (Marketing, not a game)

6 Guitar Hero II

7 Aegis Wing (Free arcade title, not the same rules as other games here)

8 Call Of Duty 3

9 GRAW 2

10 Oblivion

Therefore, here is "really" the list:

1 Gears of War

2 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

3 Guitar Hero II

4 Call Of Duty 3

5 GRAW 2

6 Crackdown

7 Oblivion

Here is todays "accouinting" lesson. YAY for ACCOUNTING!!!!!!!

I had these two automobile dealerhsips that were customers of mine. It is interesting to say the least to get to "see" someone's business from the inside. It is even more interesting to contemplate the differences. They ran their businesses quite differently.

You see, dealerhsip #1 sells a LOT of cars. They probably sell 10x the cars of Dealership #2...but here is the thing. Dealership #2 had 3x the profit for the owner of dealership #1. Not only did he have less headaches of ownership....but he did it all with more profit.

I would think that the same thing goes for these video games. Granted...somebody is probably going to post Ubisoft financials showing "in the red" for their projects including Ghost Recon....but we ALL know that there is more to the story than the financials show...

Clearly the #1 and possibly the #2 game are games that carry with them huge fixed costs...including heavy marketing plans. Could this be said for #3 and #4? I don't know.

Being in the top 10.....or quite possibly the top 5 as indicated here...is quite a feat for ANY video game. I do suspect that there is more to the story than we see here. Namely, underlying unidentifyable profit...of which we really NEVER get to see by design.

Dress it up how ever you like. You know it and I know it, this game has WAY less replay value than the previous GR titles. Just look at how dead this board is for more proof. They changed the game play and it pushed away most of the fans of the original series that played [GR] or GRIT; even GR2 for more than a year.

Now they have sold a bunch of copies of the game right off the launch, but can't maintain a user base beyond moderate interest after a couple of months.

If people felt GRAW2 was as enjoyable an experience as GR, these boards would be much more active. DAYS can pass without posts on this board. That never happened from [GR] to GRSS.

Offtopic:

What else do you know about AA Cons! LOL

That link came from him, BTW.

It's true, this game is a lot better than the last GRAW, but it still isn't really sticking well. I'm still playing it and enjoying it (MP that is) but I'd love it if SP was less Hollywood and back to normal like in the games prior to GRAW.

Dress it up how ever you like. You know it and I know it, this game has WAY less replay value than the previous GR titles. Just look at how dead this board is for more proof. They changed the game play and it pushed away most of the fans of the original series that played [GR] or GRIT; even GR2 for more than a year.

Now they have sold a bunch of copies of the game right off the launch, but can't maintain a user base beyond moderate interest after a couple of months.

If people felt GRAW2 was as enjoyable an experience as GR, these boards would be much more active. DAYS can pass without posts on this board. That never happened from [GR] to GRSS.

Well said!!

Something needs to happen with this game...and happen soon....I got a copy of GRAW and then GRAW2 in the hopes that the game play would be better.....no such luck. It is now an arcade title at best.

I SINCERELY hope that AA:O makes its way to the 360 in some fashion. That is, by far, the most realistic milsim shooter to date. Unfortunately, I can't play it anymore as I have migrated to Mac.

Having said that, I have SERIOUS doubts about that game coming to our favorite console due to the fact that AA:Rise of a Soldier for Xbox had such dismal sales. :(

Love it or hate it, the market is king....