Will there be an official Gone Gold announcement?

I'll have the master gold disc

wikipedia says...

Gold/general availability release

The gold or general availability release version is the final version of a particular product. It is typically almost identical to the final release candidate, with only last-minute bugs fixed. A gold release is considered to be very stable and relatively bug-free with a quality suitable for wide distribution and use by end users. In commercial software releases, this version may also be signed (used to allow end-users to verify that code has not been modified since the release). The expression that a software product "has gone gold" means that the code has been completed and "is being mass-produced and will be for sale soon." Other terms for the version include gold master, gold release, or gold build.

The term gold anecdotally refers to the use of "gold master disc" which was commonly used to send the final version to manufacturers who use it to create the mass-produced retail copies. It may in this context be a hold-over from music production.

In some cases, however, the master disc is still actually made of gold, for both aesthetic appeal and resistance to corrosion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically, 3 weeks are allotted between the time the game goes gold and release date. This game was no different.

I wonder Zjj if you speak from past experiance or if you have factual knowledge.... If the patch is being beta tested then it stands to reason the full game has been released to beta testers. I think some on this forum are part of that elite and freaking lucky bunch.... so, Zjj with a wink and a nod... how far along in the game are you?

Man, why is this thread still going? Chilly Willy, the game is finished. You can pre-load the game right now, meaning download the game right now, from the Ubisoft digital store and have it ready the day it comes out. The game is finished. Any work being done on the game now is for a patch to be released when the game is released. No, you don't need Grin or Ubisoft to tell you this because anyone with a brain could figure this out on their own. No where does it say that a game developer has to make a "game has gone gold" statement. R6V for pc never got a "gone gold" announcement either but it did come out on time. :stupid:

Edited by Demanufakture

Man, why is this thread still going? Chilly Willy, the game is finished. You can pre-load the game right now, meaning download the game right now, from the Ubisoft digital store and have it ready the day it comes out. The game is finished. Any work being done on the game now is for a patch to be released when the game is released. No, you don't need Grin or Ubisoft to tell you this because anyone with a brain could figure this out on their own. No where does it say that a game developer has to make a "game has gone gold" statement. R6V for pc never got a "gone gold" announcement either but it did come out on time. :stupid:

Hey thanks for your input! I take it you'e calling me stupid... Thanks! I look forward to your comments as I continue to post stupid stuff in the future! It's always nice to find a fan. :thumbsup:

P.S.

I appriciate the heads up on the pre-release download. I didn't know that... so... I will be making my purchase tonight! Much, Much, thanks for this info! IMHO this information is worthy of it's own thread and a sticky.

Edited by chilly-willy

Hey thanks for your input! I take it you'e calling me stupid... Thanks! I look forward to your comments as I continue to post stupid stuff in the future! It's always nice to find a fan. :thumbsup:
Hey, chilly, I don't want you to think I'm just jumping on the bandwagon here, but I've thought you were stupid for a long time now. I've admired many of your stupid posts in the past. I'm sorry I didn't call you stupid sooner; I know how it can feel to have your stupidity go seemingly unappreciated. In fact, I've told many of my friends, family members, and coworkers that I think you are the most consistently stupid person I've ever met.

Anyway, if it's any consolation, there are many of us here that do think you're stupid, and appreciate you for it. Sometimes we just forget to express our appreciation because, well, we're stupid too. :wacko:

LOL j/k

Hi - Has there been confirmation (anywhere) that it will be released next week? 22nd? - or 29th June?

Can't find any info for sure - lots of conflicting info / dates.

Anyone sure? heard from Grin? or UBI?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

[Merged into existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

There's really no point in speculating.

You seem to have misunderstood the point of a game forum.

You got a point there V.P. :lol:

well said, a lawyer in the making (if not already?) I like it...

Well, I'll see you all in court! :boxing: lol, j/k Jokes aside, Gamestop is still showing the release date as 6/26/07 and that is really what I am going by. They changed the release to the June one after the game was delayed so I assume it's fairly accurate. Anyways, maybe you misunderstood my statement. For the reason I just stated, I assume that the release date is the 26th for the US and I willing to bet that is the date. Of course, I am not GRIN or Ubisoft so you can trust what I say or not. :D

I think you are correct...love the name btw...very clever...hopefully see you online MP style!

Semper Fi,

R

Maybe we'll run across each other on the battlefield. :gun: Can't wait to be able to play the mp with all the new maps when the game comes out. :rambo:

Edited by Demanufakture

Siege = hold/defend an area. If enemy is in square (square visibly only on tactical map) for X seconds then you lost as defender.

HH comes in 2 versions:

1) Most time in the square at the middle of the map grants a win.

2) "Tug of War" Win a number of seconds (200 usually) by holding square (being in it) when you won them all you won the match.

# 1 HH has been a usual type of ladder game, often with none up to 3 respawns.

A bit short, but I hope it covers the basics.

Europe

Every where inc, some place called Ubisoft:

28th Ubi hold a beach party to promote GRAW2

29th Available from retailers & D2D

Auto patch up after release

USA

Never heard of it.... :P

Who? Christopher Columbus....

place where CD ROMS now go.... :rofl:

Not that it means anything until it pops through the mail...... but I pre-ordered this morning from Amazon UK, for the bargain price of £19.94 with a despatch date of the 20th, delivery estimated at 21st - 22nd June.

Here's hoping.......... :rolleyes:

I re-ordered mine (now that the WS issue is fixed) from play.com ... £17.99 and free delivery to arrive at your home on the day of release ... but their release date says 6th July ... :shifty: