Gamespy worried

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old connection issue problem rears its ugly head again - haven't solved the problem yet? I got tired of waitng to connects, and disconnects - one of the few reasons I got rid of the game.

EDIT: Nah, I'm under NDA.

Edited by Hockeystick

oh quite contrary. That's an obvious answer. UBISOFT has NO PR department. thing is, if you wanna sell a product, you gotta get the word out is what I'm saying. :thumbsup:

Good to know we're in agreement (for the most part)!

Wait? I'm confused... You mean you agree with Wolfsong? No wait.. You mean wolfsong agees with you? no... wait... I mean.. wolfsong agrees with anything? I mean something some one else said? wait... You mean to tell me ....... 0:):whistle:

oh quite contrary. That's an obvious answer. UBISOFT has NO PR department. thing is, if you wanna sell a product, you gotta get the word out is what I'm saying. :thumbsup:

Wait? I'm confused... You mean you agree with Wolfsong? No wait.. You mean wolfsong agees with you? no... wait... I mean.. wolfsong agrees with anything? I mean something some one else said? wait... You mean to tell me ....... 0:):whistle:

No, he agrees with Papa :hehe:

If Grin was not involved, it is doubtful that the press & media we have received thus far would convince many people here to buy GRAW 2.

I'm still not convinced quite frankly - I see the typical spin doctors spinning, but for the most part, the same old questions remain about coop, connection, MP, non-linear missions, etc etc etc.

I'm still actually trying to work out what is really going to be that different, and that much of an improvement over GRAW which failed for me.

Not saying it won't be better, but if it looks like GRAW1 and it smells like GRAW1, then maybe it still is GRAW1...with a 2.

If Grin was not involved, it is doubtful that the press & media we have received thus far would convince many people here to buy GRAW 2.

I'm still not convinced quite frankly - I see the typical spin doctors spinning, but for the most part, the same old questions remain about coop, connection, MP, non-linear missions, etc etc etc.

I'm still actually trying to work out what is really going to be that different, and that much of an improvement over GRAW which failed for me.

Not saying it won't be better, but if it looks like GRAW1 and it smells like GRAW1, then maybe it still is GRAW1...with a 2.

I can't convince you of anything but I assure you that GRAW2 is highly optimised in all aspects. the ONLY concern I have is the modding support. I don't know if Grin fully understand what to give us in this department.

But overall GRAW2 IMHO will be worth the wait. they don't seem to be so hasty to shove it out the door albeit hoping that they got the bugs fixed. but I think they really had great communication with us beta testers and I think they will get it fixed.

This forum is going to pot...

This is the only post worth reading here:

I expect GRAW2 will be fun upon release.

I expect there will be features we don't like

I expect there will be an abscense of features we wanted

I expect there to be bugs.

I expect GRiN will work diligently, as they did before, to clear those bugs up over time.

I expect to have lots of fun no matter what.

Let's leave it at that, and ditch the baby-grade speculation and whining about minor features that can't be changed at this point in time - so close to going gold.

LOL :rofl: , well if you was the beta then, it does look like GRAW1 & it smells like GRAW 1 but it ain't GRAW1. It's GRAW2, the code has been optimised and runs better than GRAW1, the scripts show alot of development, inc on-board STATS, extended weapons selection with pick up any weapon feature, new lighting techniques and much more. But hey, if you want something totally different, then do not buy it, but you probably will.

I can tell form the scripting in GRAW2 the product has made big steps forward, although one thing I was looking for, I have not seen in code, that is the ability to download a custom map in game and then join in-game, you still have to restart your copy. You can not please everyone, especially on this forum, so there will be plenty of moans, but hey thats life. From what I've seen it looks good, the play on beta was abit miss representative as it was AVR mode only (similar to an multi objective siege) and not TDM. The colour pallet has been improved and that makes the uniform camo match the background colours alot better, so more like GR1 feel with a grainy atmosphere.

viii

This forum is going to pot...

This is the only post worth reading here:

I expect GRAW2 will be fun upon release.

I expect there will be features we don't like

I expect there will be an abscense of features we wanted

I expect there to be bugs.

I expect GRiN will work diligently, as they did before, to clear those bugs up over time.

I expect to have lots of fun no matter what.

Let's leave it at that, and ditch the baby-grade speculation and whining about minor features that can't be changed at this point in time - so close to going gold.

Agreed ;)

LOL :rofl: , well if you was the beta then, it does look like GRAW1 & it smells like GRAW 1 but it ain't GRAW1. It's GRAW2, the code has been optimised and runs better than GRAW1, the scripts show alot of development, inc on-board STATS, extended weapons selection with pick up any weapon feature, new lighting techniques and much more. But hey, if you want something totally different, then do not buy it, but you probably will.

I can tell form the scripting in GRAW2 the product has made big steps forward, although one thing I was looking for, I have not seen in code, that is the ability to download a custom map in game and then join in-game, you still have to restart your copy. You can not please everyone, especially on this forum, so there will be plenty of moans, but hey thats life. From what I've seen it looks good, the play on beta was abit miss representative as it was AVR mode only (similar to an multi objective siege) and not TDM. The colour pallet has been improved and that makes the uniform camo match the background colours alot better, so more like GR1 feel with a grainy atmosphere.

viii

That just about sums it up for me at the present too.

:thumbsup:

Tinker

you thought GRAW1 was it Papa..and then you changed your mind....you're not going to fall into the same trap again are you?

what do you want me to say? I tested the beta extensively. And I like what I saw. GRAW1 isn't GRAW2 and GRAW2 isn't GRAW1.

too much Drama for me.

Edited by Papa6

From what I've seen it looks good, the play on beta was abit miss representative as it was AVR mode only (similar to an multi objective siege) and not TDM.

There where beta TDM servers up and running. But the main focus of the beta was RvsA, yes.

How did I get involved in that conversation? LOL. :lol:

Edited by Wolfsong

Papa this makes it easy.

http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/graw2/_img/graw_graw2pc.jpg :thumbsup:

Err....didn't GRAW 1 have 2 MP modes at release? Domination and Campaign Coop?

Its a nuance issue.

Multiplayer has come to be known in the industry as always implying "adversarial multiplayer"

Coop has come to be known solely as coop and not as "multiplayer".

Its not a very good semantic system, but the buzz words "multiplayer" and "coop" are meant to be distinct and without overlap in their meaning.

k so Hawseman is closing this thread...npz.

Funny this is.....

you may be the only one correct in this thread......

Personlly, I like GRAW, so I'll take GRAW2 as an upgrade to GRAW. You, as an ORG pesimest, will probably expect the worst.......maybe yuo'll find your way beyond a 1999 game, but I doubt it. Change will happen, despite how much you whine about it. Hammer on me as you will.....but it's YOU that fights the inevitable.

have fun.....I'm looking forward to it...

Edited by Hawseman

Err....didn't GRAW 1 have 2 MP modes at release? Domination and Campaign Coop?

Its a nuance issue.

Multiplayer has come to be known in the industry as always implying "adversarial multiplayer"

Coop has come to be known solely as coop and not as "multiplayer".

Its not a very good semantic system, but the buzz words "multiplayer" and "coop" are meant to be distinct and without overlap in their meaning.

Maybe. But the stats say 7 MP modes in GRAW2 and those have been listed to include the 2 Coop modes.

Change will happen, despite how much you whine about it. Hammer on me as you will

First thing, this is a Discussion Forum which means that differing opinions are welcome - if you're not prepared to allow others to voice their opinions don't join the Forums.

This thread was specifically about the article by Gamespy raising concerns about aspects of GRAW2 that they have seen, concerns which I also have had. If I raise those concerns does that make me a whiner or ranter?

Should I not say anything if it doesn't agree with your opinion?

And just because I think [GR] is/was a great game does not mean that I'm not prepared to look at or purchase other games. I did buy/try GRAW and it was a let down in several ways, a let down in fact, in the issues that I said were a concern for me in this post. However, according to you I am not allowed to raise those concerns.

nuff said, Hawseman.

*No Name Calling Pls* Mederator Edited

This whole thread started with a post regarding the pre release review of GRAW 2 by Gamespy, that copy being similar to the beta copy in build, except with more content (levels). I looked at the scripting of that and there has been alot of changes, some things have not changed (ie the custom map download), some thing's have been reworked and some new ideas added. Overall there has been alot of work done on GRAW2 and it looks like it is NOT compatible with content of GRAW 1 (ie GRAW1 maps will not play, they will have to be ported). The overall feel that Gamespy got from their copy is of an uncompleted item and they voiced their concern. We all knew it still is incomplete and when release comes there will probably be "HOT FIXES" but the general structure is all new.

I had a post moved, as it refers directly to new content (now in the beta forum :whistle: ) and since then I have found alot more which all point to a totally new feel and that is what is key, that is what was wrong with GRAW1 primarily the game felt wrong. I can't post any more details re: the Ten missions plus one training mission and one bonus mission in single player, nor can I post any details of the 7 new Camo colors the ghosts have access to instead of the one, as in the current game. No'p I can't post details but I can say, it is different and that is in a good way. ;)