the GRAW 2 Website Finally Updated

' date='May 23 2007, 03:42 PM' post='466561']

Still no mention of real-time day/night cycles + Weather system... :hmm::wall:

A shame, it could have added so much more the game/combat.

That's exactly the type of public info Grin could clarify. They list "Real time lighting" as a feature. Do they mean day/night cycle? Or, do they mean that when you turn on a lightswitch the lamp turns on instantly? Both are "real time lighting."

That’s where I am confused as well... I always tend to think that real time lighting means the lighting you see such as muzzle flash effecting the environment lighting or a squad mates shadow hitting a wall from the muzzle flash (something in that area). The real time weather and day/night cycles are what attracted me and many other people to a game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I am sure it could do even more for a game like GRAW2 and its sale value to a larger market.

That’s where I am confused as well... I always tend to think that real time lighting means the lighting you see such as muzzle flash effecting the environment lighting or a squad mates shadow hitting a wall from the muzzle flash (something in that area). The real time weather and day/night cycles are what attracted me and many other people to a game like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I am sure it could do even more for a game like GRAW2 and its sale value to a larger market.

That feature (dynamic lighting) was in GRAW1, so that wouldn't be a "new" feature.

Tweakguides - see middle page screenies

I'm assuming they mean "time of day" lighting.

Edited by Hawseman

After checking out the two comparison screens it looks like the only thing the 360 gamers got on top of our version is an earlier release date. One of the major things I noticed was the environment comparison for GRAW PC and GRAW2 PC. In GRAW it just had urban maps. This one's gonna have mountains, urban, and desert. All good environments for the ACUs. I don't expect them to get specific with weapons. I'm confident they will be nice since Gamespot said the G36 is in it. While I'm not the biggest fan of that weapon, it does give me hope that modern day weapons will be in the game instead of mostly futuristic ones like in GRAW. That's what I used to love about the Ghost Recon series is the large selection of guns. I think GRIN has learned a lot from the mistakes made in GRAW and I'm confident they will deliver a good game with GRAW 2. And no I didn't just skim and scam through this post. I just checked out the link given and gave my own opinion on it.

One of our members caught this in the System specs on the UBI Site

Peripherals Supported:

Mouse, keyboard, headsets (via TeamSpeak client)

Note Teamspeak client. Does that mean TS will be embedded... or maybe come with as something you can install? What about vent users (though i am not one)

The point is that this is another example of public information that is vague at its best, misleading at its worst, and could easily be clarified.
In other words, business as usual. :shifty:

On the other hand, if you look at some of these threads as nothing more than piecework, just what would people post about if Ubi did act in a professional manner?

EDIT: Sorry for altering your nic.

The point is that this is another example of public information that is vague at its best, misleading at its worst, and could easily be clarified.
In other words, business as usual. :shifty:

On the other hand, if you look at some of these threads as nothing more than piecework, just what would people post about if Ubi did act in a professional manner?

EDIT: Sorry for altering your nic.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the speculation and confusion is bad for the community.

As for the nic, np. I really need to fix that LOL :thumbsup:

Agreed. The speculation and confusion are bad and generally lead to gamers not trusting the publisher and/or the developer.

I believe that noone on this Forum trust Ubisoft for a long time.

Although I don't hate UBI, I certainly understand that their PR department, in conjunction with their Marketing department, need to take some courses in communication skills. They are pretty bad...

But UBI continues to work in the genre of tactical shooters and tac sims. Maybe not as tightly as we would like and maybe not wit hte commitment level to NORg that we would like, but hey. They need to achieve profit and mass appeal. At least they are hanging in there. Actually, I'm amazed that they didn't drop the PC tac sim thing all together. especailly in the period of the newly released Next Gens. I don't love UBI. but I certainly dont hate them.

And as faras Trust goes, my trust is in GRiN. Not UBI. So no matter what UBI says, I just follow the words and previus efforts of GRiN and that is more than enough to keep me waiting for GRAW2

Although I don't hate UBI, I certainly understand that their PR department, in conjunction with their Marketing department, need to take some courses in communication skills. They are pretty bad...
My God, anyone watch Ubidays? That looked more like a rough dress rehearsal than a polished marketing event.

' date='May 25 2007, 11:57 AM' post='466845']

My God, anyone watch Ubidays? That looked more like a rough dress rehearsal than a polished marketing event.

I have to agree 110%

But I've always noticed interviews and questions from all the game sites always seem like a rehearsal then actual questions. There always exact clones of an interview and public showing from a previous website or event. Just for once I would love to see an actual real interview with actual questions that we and other gamers would want to read/hear... Just once. :seehearspeak: