Exporting Maps from 3dsmax

Hey whats up everybody. I have a little problem with exporting the map from 3ds max. I try to export it to the folder withthe textures and roomlist(doublechecked :thumbsup: ) and but then 3dsmax freezes and i have to close it. I checked what it said in the Export Debug and it shows:

Faces clockwise: 0

Couldn't find id for surface property metal

Now please someone tell me what this means :hmm: i will really appreciate it. I would really like u to try out his map when its finish. I think it looks alright. :D

It sounds like you don't have the paths mapped out correctly for the text files that are included in the plug ins. Refer to page 3 in the Level building pdf. The section is titled, "External links".

It sounds like you don't have the paths mapped out correctly for the text files that are included in the plug ins. Refer to page 3 in the Level building pdf. The section is titled, "External links".

My thoughts exactly. I tripled checked it and it is exactly matching the picture and settings on page 3. I used a very small part of my map to be exported and it worked but when i tried to export the whole map 3ds max just froze and the export debug said the samething :wall: . Maybe the file is too big. My map was oringinally 16000kb but i reduced it too 4500kb still no difference. Well i don't know. I really do not want to start all over :( .

when i tried to export the whole map 3ds max just froze and the export debug said the samething :wall: . Maybe the file is too big. My map was oringinally 16000kb but i reduced it too 4500kb still no difference.

I have exported maps twice the amount you're talking about (37Mb) without a problem.

You must be doing something wrong.

Is the general setup of your map OK? IE: scenecenter, levelsheights, etc?

Reread the levelbuilder PDF from scratch and check if you missed something.

BTW: are you sure you installed the correct export-plugin? Make sure you get the export-plugin from the Island Thunder expansion pack.

Edited by deleyt

This probably isn't it, but I wouldn't bother wasting time tagging the surface properties in the plugin in max except for floors. The rsb file will override the tag in max.

This probably isn't it, but I wouldn't bother wasting time tagging the surface properties in the plugin in max except for floors. The rsb file will override the tag in max.

Well that didn't work but i think i will start from scratch. Deleyt helped me with one of my problems though. The island thunder textures were not working because i had the desert siege plugins in it but even with the new plugins it does not work. I dno't know what it is but i think i could built a better map in the time i tried to fix this one. Thanks anyway