Graw 2 Gameplay Video - new

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' date='May 16 2007, 06:30 PM' post='465453']

It appears (at least in the video) that the blood spray/splat in GRAW 2 is more pronounced than in GRAW.

Grin, is that an accurate assessment?

Yes and no, it's about the same only less gray/yellow-toned on top.

Game looks perfect for my tastes. I loved the first GRAW on pc and I now have no doubt I will love GRAW2 pc even more than the first. Thanks for adding saves whenever you want as long as you are not in a firefight. Long live Ghost Recon.

:grin1:

Edited by Demanufakture

the single player additions do look really cool. more like what graw1 should've been. But since I play SP for about 10 minutes before I switch over to MP, I'm not enticed yet. I'm really hoping they did a lot to improve the MP.

I noticed in the vid the SP will have multiple insertion points. Any chance of that happening in MP? It would be awesome to fly in on a heli and pick where you want to be dropped off.

Also, the waypoints look a lot better for the SP, any chance of getting an overlay like that in MP so people can actually work out some tactics?

Edited by Ghost9

In reply to post#31: I always buy my games for the single player. I feel that multiplayer is just an added bonus to the game I bought for single player. Of course this doesn't apply to games I've bought like Battlefield 2 and 2142 and Test Drive Unlimited as they are multiplayer oriented. Of course this is just my opinion. To each his own. :D

Edited by Demanufakture

In reply to post#31: I always buy my games for the single player. I feel that multiplayer is just an added bonus to the game I bought for single player. Of course this doesn't apply to games I've bought like Battlefield 2 and 2142 and Test Drive Unlimited as they are multiplayer oriented. Of course this is just my opinion. To each his own. :D

I noticed with say GRAW1 that there was a marked difference from SP vs. MP.

Also.. insert anywhere!

It looks more like you can choose from a list of insertion points as oppossed to inserting anywhere. Either way, I like it.

The video has both. One was insert anywhere... then it rewinds and shows them pick a place.

As for MP... i doubt it would be anywhere as we would be shooting the copters out of the sky.

Also.. insert anywhere!

It looks more like you can choose from a list of insertion points as oppossed to inserting anywhere. Either way, I like it.

The video has both. One was insert anywhere... then it rewinds and shows them pick a place.

No it doesn't... :rolleyes:

It says:

"Multiple Insertion Points"

"Insertion Point A: Road"

"OR"

"Insertion Point B: Cliff"

Also.. insert anywhere!

As for MP... i doubt it would be anywhere as we would be shooting the copters out of the sky.

That presents an awesome capability. "IF" we can script the game with this in mind, then spawn killing can be somewhat controlled. have a script for MP that allows for 3 or 4 insertion points so insertions are random. then it will be somewhat easier to stop spawn killing.

Like McDonalds motto: DA, DA, DA DA DA,DA,DA...I'm lovin' it. :P

That presents an awesome capability. "IF" we can script the game with this in mind, then spawn killing can be somewhat controlled. have a script for MP that allows for 3 or 4 insertion points so insertions are random. then it will be somewhat easier to stop spawn killing.

I think it'd be better not to be random but to be a choice of where you want to be inserted. "Random" often times is not truely random and a pattern can be learned. If we have a choice of the point of insertion we could avoid ambush.

I like being able to choose an insertion point and that we can once again have recon mode. But if its recon and everyone is meant to be quiet why would someone shout out "hostiles sighted, lets get 'em"? This happens around the 1min mark. Surely from that range the enemy would hear the voice if everything was so quiet? Couldn't the person whisper "hostiles sighted", the "lets get 'em sound a little bit too George Bush. No offence, like.

This is just from the co-op point of view of course. I like it reasonably realistic. As far as TvT etc i'm sure it'll be fine

Edited by Strapt

Not much of a SP player, but the video shows just how much GRIN has bee working on this and listening to the GRAW PC players. Definately :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to GRIN.

I played to beta but a video of MP in a different location from the beta would be :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:;)

I like being able to choose an insertion point and that we can once again have recon mode. But if its recon and everyone is meant to be quiet why would someone shout out "hostiles sighted, lets get 'em"? This happens around the 1min mark. Surely from that range the enemy would hear the voice if everything was so quiet? Couldn't the person whisper "hostiles sighted", the "lets get 'em sound a little bit too George Bush. No offence, like.

This is just from the co-op point of view of course. I like it reasonably realistic. As far as TvT etc i'm sure it'll be fine

I know there has been a lot of posts in a short period of time, but there is a lot of good info if you read them all:

the atrocious voice acting/scripting.

Not to worry, those are added only in the trailer. The ghosts say some of the same things, but more "embedded" and not overlayed as in this movie.

And you PhysX owners, we haven't forgotten you. I'm certain you'll be pleased. :)

' date='May 16 2007, 09:07 PM' post='465501']

I know there has been a lot of posts in a short period of time, but there is a lot of good info if you read them all:

the atrocious voice acting/scripting.

Not to worry, those are added only in the trailer. The ghosts say some of the same things, but more "embedded" and not overlayed as in this movie.

And you PhysX owners, we haven't forgotten you. I'm certain you'll be pleased. :)

yeah I just saw that, soz. :thumbsup:

Also.. insert anywhere!

No it doesn't... :rolleyes:

It says:

"Multiple Insertion Points"

"Insertion Point A: Road"

"OR"

"Insertion Point B: Cliff"

At 1:32 the chopper does an insertion or drop off od some sort... not sure which on the bridge that isn't marked... or at least i think it's one of ours and not enemy. It could be i guess for extraction... but you would think the enemy would shoot it down.

At 1:32 the chopper does an insertion or drop off od some sort... not sure which on the bridge that isn't marked... or at least i think it's one of ours and not enemy. It could be i guess for extraction... but you would think the enemy would shoot it down.
I watched that several times trying to figure out what was going on. I'm pretty sure it's a US helo, but what it's doing I don't know. It looks like it's hovering on the Rebel side of the bridge. I thought perhaps you have to cover the insertion of a demo team, but when the camera switches to Mitchell just before he jumps on the 50, you can clearly see a "C4" waypoint marker on the bridge support. When they flash to the tactical map, the current objective is "Locate hidden ???". I can't make out the last word.

Not much of a SP player, but the video shows just how much GRIN has bee working on this and listening to the GRAW PC players. Definately :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to GRIN.

I played to beta but a video of MP in a different location from the beta would be :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:;)

I'm continuously impressed by how much GRiN actually listens to their consumers.

On another note, its hard to tell if the AI is actually smarter this time around (an issue that, to me, was the greatest strike against GR:AW), since the vid showed a lot of micromanagement of the troops. Only time will tell, but I'm starting to set aside money for this one, as the developer response on these forums has been really promising.

' date='May 16 2007, 10:40 PM' post='465509']

I watched that several times trying to figure out what was going on. I'm pretty sure it's a US helo, but what it's doing I don't know.

It's a Russian model... and do you see US markings on it? I don't.

EDIT:

Look at the rear part of it.

Looks like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...roundel.svg.png

Mexican Air Force.

Edited by Wolfsong

On another note, its hard to tell if the AI is actually smarter this time around (an issue that, to me, was the greatest strike against GR:AW), since the vid showed a lot of micromanagement of the troops. Only time will tell, but I'm starting to set aside money for this one, as the developer response on these forums has been really promising.

I'm kind of worried about that as well. It won't prevent me from buying the game, and it is good to be able to give each soldier his own pathfinding and orders, but I hope or was hoping for some other options. It would be great to do a buddy team where you could pair two guys up and only have to give one set of orders, then have the other soldier follow your lead or order him around seperately. I also hope there's a full team waypoint string this time around. Last time you could only set one waypoint for the group.