Civilian Vehicles?

:whistle:

Files sent!

Looks great in the air, and using a high bank instead of flat land, looks good landing too.

shmel-081.jpg

shmel-081-a.jpg

Feel free to send any alterations.

Tinker

:thumbsup:

NOTES: This is tagged as a helicopter, and will only work in SP. MP could be arranged.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinker,

The Shmel UAV works great! Flies very nicely and looks great in the sky. I just finished scripting it into a couple of missions...its was exactly what I needed!

Can you create an invisible helo? Ultra-low polys, invisible, but tagged like a helo? In most missions, I am using Blakarion's Hinds. Unfortunately, I can't get Blakarion's Hinds to shoot their weapons. For missions that require Hinds that shoot, I am using Harntrox's Hind helos. The only problem is that the HX Hinds are actually tanks and don't have a helo sound. The invisible helo would be a sound generator only...to mask the sound of the tank engine and make the HX Hinds feel more realistic.

Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup:

:hmm:

They seem to be doing ok for me.

I am using BlakOps-OpForVehicles, Mil-24 Hind-D Helicopter, Attack Version / Anti Tank Version.

Both scripted to take down a patrol or a truck fine.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Tinker

Yeah, I am using the BlackOps MI-24s (Attack, Troop, etc) in a number of missions and I have yet to get them to shoot anything...no rockets, no mgs, nothing. I've tried scripting them to shoot at invisible tank targets (destroytarget: XXX) and I can position them right in front of bad guys and they don't shoot a thing. They look beautiful in game and fly well, but I have had no success in getting them to shoot.

I even did an experiment placing a group of bad guys right in front of a full line up of low hovering BlackOps MI-24s and they all just stared at eachother! :wall

Harn's Hinds shoot just fine, but they don't really "fly", sound like tanks, and tend to get hung up on trees easily. So in my scripting I have been using both where needed and even using hide and show tricks to get the effect I need at times. It works alright, but I wish I had an invisible helicopter to at least mask the tank sound of Harn's Hinds.

If you know of a secret to get the BlackOps Hinds to work better, please let me know!

Yeah, I am using the BlackOps MI-24s (Attack, Troop, etc) in a number of missions and I have yet to get them to shoot anything...no rockets, no mgs, nothing. I've tried scripting them to shoot at invisible tank targets (destroytarget: XXX) and I can position them right in front of bad guys and they don't shoot a thing. They look beautiful in game and fly well, but I have had no success in getting them to shoot.

I even did an experiment placing a group of bad guys right in front of a full line up of low hovering BlackOps MI-24s and they all just stared at eachother! :wall

Harn's Hinds shoot just fine, but they don't really "fly", sound like tanks, and tend to get hung up on trees easily. So in my scripting I have been using both where needed and even using hide and show tricks to get the effect I need at times. It works alright, but I wish I had an invisible helicopter to at least mask the tank sound of Harn's Hinds.

If you know of a secret to get the BlackOps Hinds to work better, please let me know!

1 x test mission

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/tinker/attack.mis

right click save as

Tinker

1 x test mission

right click save as

Tinker

Thanks. I will give your mission a try.

I did go back yesterdsay after your last post to play some more with this and I did finally get them to shoot. However, I could not get them to shoot on the move or at the end of a flight plan (even if I abort vehicle plan at the end of the flight plan). If I created a vehicle plan with destroytarget at the end (speed--->path--->destroytarget), it would ignore the destroytarget part. Its almost as if the AI doesn't kick in. They would only reliably shoot if I used the teleportairvehicle command to make them hover without any type of flight plan.

1 x test mission

right click save as

Tinker

Thanks. I will give your mission a try.

I did go back yesterdsay after your last post to play some more with this and I did finally get them to shoot. However, I could not get them to shoot on the move or at the end of a flight plan (even if I abort vehicle plan at the end of the flight plan). If I created a vehicle plan with destroytarget at the end (speed--->path--->destroytarget), it would ignore the destroytarget part. Its almost as if the AI doesn't kick in. They would only reliably shoot if I used the teleportairvehicle command to make them hover without any type of flight plan.

Watch Example 2:

I can send the file if needed, though i think you are not giving it the usual plans.

Supressive

Move at all costs

Target down, cancel plans, execute new plan...

Hope it helps.

Tinker

:)

Tinker, My plans generally look like this:

FOR MACHINEGUN RUNS:

Teleportairvehicle (Effect A ->Facing Effect B - > Speed)

Speed (Usually 10 - 15)

Path

FOR ROCKET ATTACKS:

Teleportairvehicle (Effect A ->Facing Effect B - > Speed)

Speed (Usually 10-15)

Path

Destroytarget

Is my speed too fast? What altitude and speed are you usually flying and what is "suppressive"?

Well, you need to give it more orders, just like the actors.

In the vid, the first attack Hind`s have these plans:

1: Alertness = Combat

2: Combat ROE = Suppress

3: Movement ROE = All Costs

4: Speed = 7

5: Path = X

So i have ordered them to fly to a new path, but with orders to kill anything they see on there way, but not to stop along the way. So they hit some as they fly over and continue.

The AT has these plans:

2: Combat ROE = Assault

4: Speed = 4

6 Movement ROE = Hold

7: Destroy Vehicle = Vehicle X

A new script block now for the trigger:

Vehicle destroyed = Cancel plans and give it new plans.

Just keep posting if you can`t get it right, happy to help.

Tinker

p.s. Place an effect on the map, move it and see the height it is at, should not matter as long as it is within spotting distance of the enemy.

Also, if they are going to fast, they over run there next path or plan and start whirling around in the air. Need to calculate how long it takes to stop after it hits its path, then maybe bring it back a little until fine.

Well, you need to give it more orders, just like the actors.

In the vid, the first attack Hind`s have these plans:

2: Combat ROE = Suppress

4: Speed = 7

So i have ordered them to fly to a new path, but with orders to kill anything they see on there way, but not to stop along the way. So they hit some as they fly over and continue.

The AT has these plans:

2: Combat ROE = Assault

4: Speed = 4

6 Movement ROE = Hold

7: Destroy Vehicle = Vehicle X

A new script block now for the trigger:

Vehicle destroyed = Cancel plans and give it new plans.

Just keep posting if you can`t get it right, happy to help.

Tinker

p.s. Place an effect on the map, move it and see the height it is at, should not matter as long as it is within spotting distance of the enemy.

Also, if they are going to fast, they over run there next path or plan and start whirling around in the air. Need to calculate how long it takes to stop after it hits its path, then maybe bring it back a little until fine.

Thanks. I experimented a bit more today and got decent results with the attack helo. The at_attack with destroytarget commands is still giving me a hard time. I'll play with it more and see if I can get decent results.

BTW...the machinegunner on those attack hinds needs to go back to basic training. They can't hit the broad side of a barn.