Activating mods

Thank yu for your help guys! I was trying to get the Brettzies M4 Mod v 3.2 GRAW and I figuered it out. I did try to do a search but nothing came up. I didn't think about FAQ should have look there first.

Thanks Again!

Chef

Thank yu for your help guys! I was trying to get the Brettzies M4 Mod v 3.2 GRAW and I figuered it out. I did try to do a search but nothing came up. I didn't think about FAQ should have look there first.

Thanks Again!

Chef

Would you mind letting me know how you got BrettziesM4 mod to work I've been trying for a month with no luck

Tokugawa

How do you activate the mods? I put them in the local english folder, but I see no way to activate them. Can you use the mods in campaign mode, or only in multiplayer?

Best way I know to activate or deactivate a mod:

1.Put the mod into your local folder(beside the english and other language folder)

2.Don't put it into your english folder cause you gonna be enable to play without mod.

3.If you do put your mod into the english don't forget to do a copy of the english folder to keep your original settings and rename the other english folder you just put your mod into it.

4.Open the GRAW folder you'll find a "context.xml" file open it with the bloc note or any xml reader.

5.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<context>

<!-- exchange this line with the one under the comment to start in editor mode

<script base="data" exec="levels/editor/editor" editor="true" enforce_texture_sets="false" override_allow_autoload="true"/>

-->

<script base="data" exec="menu/menu" editor="false" language="english"/>

<layer_config file="\data\settings\layers.xml"/>

<scene_config file="\data\settings\scenes.xml"/>

<unit_database file="\data\units.xml"/>

<sound settings="/data/sound/settings.xml" />

<network settings="/data/settings/network.xml" />

<static_texture_scope file="\data\settings\static_texture_scope.xml"/>

<skeleton_def file="\data\objects\def.xml"/>

<animations def="\data\anims\anims.xml" state_machine="\data\anims\state_machines.xml"/>

<texture base="\data\textures" />

<effects file="\data\effects\effects.xml"/>

<decals file="\data\effects\decals\decals.xml"/>

<!--<keys disable_windows_key="false" />-->

<default_shader_config file="\data\shader\default_shader_config.xml"/>

<default_render_templates file="\data\shader\default_render_templates.xml"/>

<physics settings="\data\settings\physics_settings.xml" fps="60" novodex="hardware" />

<global_materials file="\data\settings\materials.xml" />

<gui file="\data\gui" optimized="true"/>

<camera shakes="\data\settings\camera_effects.xml" cameras="\data\settings\camera_settings.xml" />

<bundler make_logs="false" />

<nls_lookup size="64"/>

<installer use="false"/>

<calc_video_mem_adjust value="false"/>

<!-- Enable this for bundled versions. -->

<compile xml="false" scripts="false" mopps="false" texture_db="false"/>

</context>

6.Change the language will activate or deactivate what's in your local folder

ex:<script base="data" exec="menu/menu" editor="false" language="ModM4v3.2"/>

and to deactivate

ex: <script base="data" exec="menu/menu" editor="false" language="english"/>

hope that will help you any question just ask

Rp,

Would you mind letting me know how you got BrettziesM4 mod to work I've been trying for a month with no luck

Tokugawa

is it really that hard? Are you using a different language then english maybe? Or on Vista - though Bat21 is on Vista and says it works. Maybe try Rpg's method - it's actually the best method, but requires xml editing. Would be great if it was somehow built into the game and you could just turn them on and off from there. Makes me wonder if modding graw this way was a happy accident or secret dev work around.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me wonder if modding graw this way was a happy accident or secret dev work around.

Happy accident. Only built to hold different language overrides as GRAW wasn't built to be modded from the start as it wasn't in UBIs given requirements.

We can play the [GR] coop maps in single player mod?

Yes, but you do it in MP mode. Create a local MP server with the [GR] Coop map and play.