Ghost Recon.net Forums

Completed model for modders who want it

I started a model of an MK14 Mod 0 for STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl but unfortunatly that game sucks horribly and any drive I had to complete it went out the window along with the disc. The model is complete though, and it seems a shame to let a sweet model (imo) go to waste. Im not sure if this particular rifle has been implemented ingame, I know there is some confusion over certain screens but I thought I would post it up anyway.

If these links dont work please let me know. Rocky was having problems accessing them earlier when I emailed him about this. They seem to work ok for me but if people are having problems then i'll figure something out.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 10

It was made in 3ds max and if anyone wants the file for their mod let me know either by this thread or email

I can get you the completed model with both sides done and the completed model with unseen faces removed which cuts the model down to under 3000 polys with the silencer, scope, and clip included.

-Phil

keymaster_2001@hotmail.com

Someone needs to animate and incorporate this gun into this game now! Ive been waiting for an M14 and I do not want to wait for GRAW2. I think Brettzie could do amazing things with this, talk to him.

funny thing.. I just asked him to make the m21 sniper rifle and this one is pretty damn sweet as well. I hope he takes on this one, because it would be a good replacement for the m21. :) Awesome work mate.

ducky

brettttttttttzies

dear god....

yall cry to brettzies like hes a god. do some work yer selves for christ sake. if you wanna see some mods buy 350 dollar 3d max

I work and go to school, with spare time going to my guitar and website.

So yes, in that sense he is our god, and damn good at what he does.

<deleted>

Edited by Rocky

Calm down guys. I am no god, I'm just one of the few people who enjoyed this game enough to try and make it less space-age. There are people much better then me out there, but most are not interested in GRAW. I do appreciate your confidence though.

As for this weapon, the model is nice. However, I am not very interested in completing someone else's work or doing all the tedious bits like uv-ing and texturing. It looks like the fun part is already done, the actual "creating" part. I prefer to make the weapons myself.

I actually thought about doing an EBR, but I like the M21 better. Both could have issues though in terms of this game. There are a lot of problems with GRAW and certain types of weapons. Most of it comes from the animations. The reason the AR-15s work so well is because the lower reciever is almost identical to the scar, so reloads look almost spot on. Holding the weapons is another problem. I have no idea why, but GRiN decided to have all of the soldiers hold the weapons by the front of reciever instead of the barrel, cept for the mrc, mp5, and barrett, but those have funky reload animations. Building the weapons isn't the hard part, it's the fun part. Getting them into the game in an acceptable way(at least to me) is the headache part.

yall cry to brettzies like hes a god. do some work yer selves for christ sake. if you wanna see some mods buy 350 dollar 3d max

Sorry you feel that way, We feel that Brettzies is the only one who has the talent to accomplish this. There probably is more out there, but Brettzies has stepped up and produced some great work. Negetive feedback is demeaning and down right rude. So please if you feel that we are just a bunch of freeloading moochers, send a PM and keep it private.

Phil that is some impressive work. Maybe you and Brettzies can get together and see what you can get done. I would love to see an M14 in the game.

As for this weapon, the model is nice. However, I am not very interested in completing someone else's work or doing all the tedious bits like uv-ing and texturing. It looks like the fun part is already done, the actual "creating" part. I prefer to make the weapons myself.

i totally hear that lol. to be honest i didn't think anyone would want the model at all simply because ive only left the tedious and downright horrible parts left to do. i have gotten a few pm's so i will send the model over to those guys, mabey they can do something with it. thanks for the high praise on the model though guys.

also brettzies your m4 mod has gotten me back into graw sp. im frigin addicted to that m4 with all the accessories lol there is something oddly satisfying in taking out apcs with the 203 in that game lol. keep up the good work man

-Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey bro your Pm box may be full I cant send you one

That would be because

Phil4321

Recruit - 3rd Class

Group: Banned

Skin: GRAW: Injection

Member No.: 15,677

So you shouldn't expect a reply from Phil4321/DeathsBestFriend51/sniggle666 or what ever other alias he tries