Dissapointed with GRAW2 PC

So far it looks like GRA2 will take place in rural areas. I for one enjoyed urban combat with all the skyscrapers around me.

Also, it doesn't seem like they will include helicopter and tank type missions where you can sit inside and mow everything around. I understand that GRAW is based on infantry combat but I wish there were a couple of missions to relieve high stress from infantry fighting. I'd like to be a blackhawk or tank gunner for once.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far it looks like GRA2 will take place in rural areas. I for one enjoyed urban combat with all the skyscrapers around me.

Also, it doesn't seem like they will include helicopter and tank type missions where you can sit inside and mow everything around. I understand that GRAW is based on infantry combat but I wish there were a couple of missions to relieve high stress from infantry fighting. I'd like to be a blackhawk or tank gunner for once.

I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you on the vehicle point. However, I also think a lot of people would disagree with you on the same point. As this is a Ghost Recon game, based on infantry combat like you said, I think a lot of old GR players who loved the infantry combat, the tactical and realistic gameplay in [GR] would disagree with you. "There where no such things in [GR] so it doesn't belong in a GR game". I still think GRAW is too unrealstic so I'll also have to disagree with you.

About the urban combat: Rural environments has topped the wishlist for quite some time but belive me, you will still see a lot of urban combat in GRAW2 (based on previews, not the beta).

i love the beta

i will say one thing though, i think the shanty town/mexican village type maps are played out.. id like to see swamp, embassy, forest type maps!

Agree. Since it is Ghost, should have some walks in out!

Urban city fight? oh, that's not mean always in so lots of buildings, so high, so narrow... We had it in Rainbow Six already.

I'd like to be a blackhawk or tank gunner for once.

You get that kind of arcade game in the console version of GRAW2.

I have GRAW for Xbox360 but I hate playing these games with controller. Also, the use of tanks and helicopters doesn't necessarily make the game arcade. Good example - OFP.

I have GRAW for Xbox360 but I hate playing these games with controller. Also, the use of tanks and helicopters doesn't necessarily make the game arcade. Good example - OFP.

It's not your job as a Ghost to fly helicopters or drive tanks. Stealth is their weapon and a tanks aren't very... discreet :ph34r:

Edited by Hockeystick

People that like infantry will like GRAW. People that like infantry generally dislike games with vehicles (speaking in terms of MP). I stopped playing BF2 because I like infantry, and I hated running, and running, and running, just to get run over by an APC or get blasted point-blank by a tank, helo, or jet.

' date='May 3 2007, 04:41 PM' post='463945']

People that like infantry will like GRAW. People that like infantry generally dislike games with vehicles (speaking in terms of MP). I stopped playing BF2 because I like infantry, and I hated running, and running, and running, just to get run over by an APC or get blasted point-blank by a tank, helo, or jet.

LOL, I understand that. I had my own 70 kills 0 death rounds in blackhawk @ BF2 until patch 1.3

Although, I wouldn't mind to be a blackhawk gunner in GRAW for one mission.

' date='May 3 2007, 04:41 PM' post='463945']

LOL, I understand that. I had my own 70 kills 0 death rounds in blackhawk @ BF2 until patch 1.3

Although, I wouldn't mind to be a blackhawk gunner in GRAW for one mission.

bf2?.... OMG, forgot it.. If there is gunner in bird, should we have something like Sting too?..

btw, that's another kind of games, the GRAW have not so big map

Edited by Tang

To be fair to the OP I can see ways you could do vehicles without going the route of the XB360 game and making it totally arcaderific.

Not tanks but HMMWVs, pickups, Strikers etc. Taking over from a Blackhawk gunner wouldn't be totally out of character either.

Not seeing not being able to do that as a big lack though.

The maps in GRAW the first only really allow for one kind of fighting. More variety would be nice. Not at all dissapointed with more rural maps.

Edited by spm1138

Playing as a gunner makes it arcade. And the scenes in GRAW2 360 proves it more then well.

Read the comments and what they part of the previous post the comments are based on and don't make your own assumptions.

Playing as a gunner makes it arcade. And the scenes in GRAW2 360 proves it more then well.

Read the comments and what they part of the previous post the comments are based on and don't make your own assumptions.

How's being a helicopter gunner is arcade ? GRAW 360 is another game. I'm talking about GRAW PC.

You know what is arcade ? Sending 4 men to rescue a president.

I mean, it's a game. You kill many people, you respawn, your teammates resurrect each mission. Why not make one mission where you can man a powerfull gun and relax for lil bit ?

Edited by VISTREL

How's being a helicopter gunner is arcade ? GRAW 360 is another game. I'm talking about GRAW PC.

I mean, it's a game. You kill many people, you respawn, your teammates resurrect each mission. Why not make one mission where you can man a powerfull gun and relax for lil bit ?

What makes it arcade is that a gunner can't decide where he wants to go. The pilot flies and the gunner follows and try to take out as many targets as possible. What can be more arcade then that?

If you want none arcade helicopters, go for Jane's Longbow. Still the only worthy helosim for PC.

Arcade or Hollywood...too close to call. :D

____

I like the use of HMMWVs & APCs in ArmA, but IMO it's stretching it when you add the ability to crew a tank, helo, or attack aircraft with a bunch of grunts.

I like the use of HMMWVs & APCs in ArmA, but IMO it's stretching it when you add the ability to crew a tank, helo, or attack aircraft with a bunch of grunts.
Ain't that the truth! Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone that played BF2:

Hop into a helo or jet with a pilot that has no experience, only to crash a few seconds later, just to respawn at the farthest point on the map!

One feature those game badly need is a ranking system for pilots. In BF2, you would run around with your rank displyed to your teammates. Once you jumped into the pilot seat, it should change to some sort of pilot rank based on hours or K/D ratio.

God I hate that game....

- It's a game isn't really a good argument for using mini guns or helicopters.

It's a realistic game... or at least tries to be realistic. GRIN could put jet packs or nuclear hand grenades in the game but that wouldn't make the game realistic. Realism is what makes Ghost Recon games so great. There are tons of other shooters out there that are less realistic but got bigger audiences, like BF2.

' date='May 3 2007, 07:13 PM' post='463971']

Ain't that the truth! Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone that played BF2:

Hop into a helo or jet with a pilot that has no experience, only to crash a few seconds later, just to respawn at the farthest point on the map!

One feature those game badly need is a ranking system for pilots. In BF2, you would run around with your rank displyed to your teammates. Once you jumped into the pilot seat, it should change to some sort of pilot rank based on hours or K/D ratio.

God I hate that game....

For 5 years I used to play OFP. I hated every other military game (BHD, R6, GR1) because I considered them too arcade or too small. I absolutely loved playing game for 30 minutes only to get 10 kills. The longest time I've played one mission for is 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours - that's just one mission, one map without ending. It was Capture the Island, kind of like RTS but in 3D and in OFP. Really cool. Then BF2 came out. At first I hated it for being too arcade (jumping, reviving, crap ballistics). But then I slowly became in love with fast paced action in that game and got hooked. Now it's one of my best games. After BF2 I began playing smaller games like GR1, R6:RS, GRAW, and now I'm fan of huge and small and arcade games. Although I've stopped playing BF2 after SWAT4 came out.

Some games really open your eyes.

Edited by VISTREL

Being disapointed with GRAW II from a beta/single map/limited version/ Minimum Players is really using poor judgment.

Its like saying I dont like that screen shot I wont buy the game.

Graw II will be so much more than what we see as a mere beta test.

Its a spec of what is in the game, and what can be done within the game.

Be more patient and see what comes next before making up minds.

See?, this is what's wrong with the community. alot of the old timers from the [GR] days are gone and what is here now is a new crowd. GR,GRAW,GRAW2 are infantry based, not massive multiplayer games. the things you like the tanks and helo missions, can be played in Joint OPS, BF2,BF2142 and the like.IF GRAW2 becomes what those other titles are, then the GR community will die. This is a foot soldier game meant to portray future combat with technology that isn't going to be completed.

Being disapointed with GRAW II from a beta/single map/limited version/ Minimum Players is really using poor judgment.

Its like saying I dont like that screen shot I wont buy the game.

Graw II will be so much more than what we see as a mere beta test.

Its a spec of what is in the game, and what can be done within the game.

Be more patient and see what comes next before making up minds.

Here here! :cheers: I'll agree with that! be patient. that's coming from Mr. Negativity that I am or was. GRAW2 might just exceed all expectations. :shifty:

Frankly, I hated GRAW 1 for the PC. However, the beta really gave me a change of heart. It is what GRAW 1 should have been in the first place. I hope a demo is released so the public would know what I am talking about.

I love GRAW1. About to complete it on hard difficulty (right now at mission 8). But I absolutely hate friendly AI. It has mind on its own. Also, after I turned off all that ugly bloom the graphics became more photorealistic and I've got 20+ fps increase, so it's really great to play.

Edited by VISTREL

You have to admit that playing nothing but urban maps gets rather boring. The one thing I really enjoyed about [GR] was we had urban, jungle, swamp and forrest and mountains. GRAW and GRAW2 nothing but urban.

The other thing that really ticks me off was the fact that small litte inclines that a 5 year old could easily navigate are a no go for the elite ghosts.

While I played BF2 and 2142 and enjoyed them for what they were the main thing I hated was the bunny hopping garbage that came with it.

I don't care how in shape you are. Outfit yourself with an 11lb rifle and a 40lb rolling gear pack and ammo and boots and lets see you bunny hop across the map. And about 3 feet in the air to boot. Not likely.

But to have nothing but the same sort of urban maps over and over again gets rather boring.

So I have hope that we will see something other than just urban maps and something a bit more creative.

Another thing I have yet to see for the GRAW franchise is weather. No rain no fog, nothing but clear skies.

Edited by Creatch