360 n00b

My recommendation is to check out the guys at www.2old2kwit.net. Fun group of guys. They can't be too bad if I choose to hang out there. 0:)

Feel free to add me to your FL. GT=ZJJr

You can add me as well if you like GT- Deadpreacher. I play with alot of guys from here at GR.net. Also since i'm a Xbox Ambassador i can help you out on all things with the x360. By the time you get used to how must things works in the next few day. On may 7th a new dashboard update is coming out adding in more features to make your gameing much better. Might be nice to have someone to show you around on what everything is and does.

Thanks Guys I will be adding you all shortly.

I am really impressed with the 360 though.

GRAW/2 look and run so much better on it...Honestly (and I have been a soley PC gamer for over 10 years) I can say that what I am seeing has changed my atitude about ports. I would have much rather gotten a port of GRAW than what was actually released.

I have a new PC with 8Gbs of DDR2 800, Core 2 Duo 2.4 and a 8800 CTS 640, and GRAW and GRAW 2 Beta dont come close to the 360.

I have Vegas for the PC so that will be my next 360 purchase, I may even try some MP on the PC with the 360 controller to see how I do.

I am really impressed with the 360 though.

GRAW/2 look and run so much better on it...Honestly (and I have been a soley PC gamer for over 10 years) I can say that what I am seeing has changed my atitude about ports. I would have much rather gotten a port of GRAW than what was actually released.

I have a new PC with 8Gbs of DDR2 800, Core 2 Duo 2.4 and a 8800 CTS 640, and GRAW and GRAW 2 Beta dont come close to the 360.

It's pretty polished. GRAW 1 is good on x360 too. The RSE portion and UBI portion are slightly different but both equally good. The mp player models and customizations look great, the weapon selection is nice, gives it a real [GR] feel - more contemporary less sci-fi. Kind of wish they would have just done that for GRAW pc and added fpv w/or w/out weapon.

I don't know what happened on GRAWpc, but the characters just don't look right. Good stuff in the PC version as well, but the x360 just seems more polished overall. For a $400 box on an HD display or computer monitor, it's hard to beat.

GRAW 2 SP is very good especially if you use the recon and full screen viewport for the AI, later you even have 2 squads to command. Even better is the 6 mission coop campaign, playing that with no respawns is totally [GR].

GRAW is also very good, it has a longer campaign, and there are more coop maps in the DLC.

I am nearly finished R6 Vegas, also very good and the coop maps are great fun, especially library and the dam.

I also play GOW, FEAR and COD 3 and they are very good too. I was a pc gamer too, but, you will be surprised how quickly, you adapt to the controller. I am impressed with the graphic quality and polish of the 360 games. A very good investment indeed.

GRAW 1 and 2 for the 360 are both really fun. In GRAW 2, I used to get kicked out of ranked matches a lot when I was a level one. Now Im a 3 and while it's not so bad now, the 8's, 9's, and 10's don't let me stay.

So when you get kicked a lot, don't get discouraged, just keep trying till you get a room that kepps you, and just play in it until it closes, this way, you can get your level up, and play with the big boys.

Don't forget to add me.

I also play GOW, ... I was a pc gamer too, but, you will be surprised how quickly, you adapt to the controller. I am impressed with the graphic quality and polish of the 360 games. A very good investment indeed.

Ditto, I still play pc games too though.

The control is really nice. I thought it'd be akward and it was going through GR2, but you get use to it fairly quickly. Not sure it'll ever be as smooth as a mouse+keyboard, but it's not bad at all. And pulling the trigger is, pulling the trigger. You can also do much of the mp portion as sp if you want to which is nice.

Friends it is.. got you added

Accepted. :rocky:

I'm in an achievement contest for the month of May. Maybe some of you would be willing to help me out so the other contestants don't know what I'm up to in order to win. :ph34r:

Like ZJJ said, any of you would be welcome at 2Old. Our average age is 35, most of us have families, so we get on at the "usual" time of about 9:30 eastern for 2-3 hrs a night. We've typically been about GR and Rainbow, but there's a lot going on. Big plans for Forza too.

Congrats on the 360! Shooters really are nice with a 360 controller, as mentioned above, it's natural with that trigger feel. Not quite as nice as the Xbox controller was (even more trigger like) but it's nice. I believe there's a way to use that controller on your PC now too, but I know that would be blasphemous. ;)

Feel free to jump on. We're doing a good bit of Vegas with the DLC, but GRAW2 is going on as well.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

I do have a complaint now.

There is no way someone should be able to run around with a .50 Cal sniper rifle and rapid fire.

I see guys rushing people all the time with one and it is crazy.

Alot of things in GRAW2 are crazy lol If you want to enjoy GRAW 2 then you have to accept that its not really based on realism anymore. Important realistic features have been dumbed down or completely removed in favour of gameplay improvements ( in some peoples eyes anyway ). GRAW games are design to be pick up and play. Realism doesnt suit games like that. You cant have a realistic casual game. So realism was sacrificed.

In the SP game, you really have to be stationary and use the left trigger to hold your breath in order to hit anything with the sniper rifle. In the MP game, the sniper rifles are like semi auto assault rifles. They could have used the method from the SP or compensated by widening the rets while moving or for recoil. That must have been a RSE decision.

In the SP game, you really have to be stationary and use the left trigger to hold your breath in order to hit anything with the sniper rifle. In the MP game, the sniper rifles are like semi auto assault rifles. They could have used the method from the SP or compensated by widening the rets while moving or for recoil. That must have been a RSE decision.

I say lets get rid of the reticule as soon as you start moving....it can fade back in when you are stationary or when you left trigger it appears...? Just an idea.....!!!

Neither am I, Xfilter. I just got my 360 a month ago and have played 4 nights over the past month. :(

Hey ZJJ, congrats on the purchase of your 360!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Sad that when I can finally afford toys like this, I don't have enough time to play :(:P

Anybody who is into playing the game from a tactical approach and looking for a serious gaming experience, add me. GT is: Dr Death SS... I love the game and am into all co-op missions etc, and would love to find some people to play LMS/SS but from a tactical standpoint... not all the running and gunning that is so prominent on 360 Live... Since SS has unlimited lives I guess LMS would be preferred, but if memory serves you can set up SS for X amount of respawns... just looking for some hard-core, serious gamers.

a lot of my clan buddies are doing their own thing. exploring different games enjoying the weather,etc. i'm wouldn't mind playing with you guys from 2old2kwit if you don't mind playing with a 35 yr old scrub lol. if you want add me to your fl. gamertag=ITI SERPICO IVI

a lot of my clan buddies are doing their own thing. exploring different games enjoying the weather,etc. i'm wouldn't mind playing with you guys from 2old2kwit if you don't mind playing with a 35 yr old scrub lol. if you want add me to your fl. gamertag=ITI SERPICO IVI

Head on over to www.2old2kwit.net and join up. Post a hello thread and you will get a list of people telling you to add them to your FL. :thumbsup:

Come on over Serpico!

Not sure if I'll be on GR or Rainbow tonight, but I'm pretty sure some will be there.