Call Of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Hockeystick

You know that side of RR Bridge, the other end from the cabin, where there is a small forest on the hill rise on one side of the road and scattered trees on the other side? Man I used to love times in [GR] in places like that in TDM, just finding a good shaded and concealed spot where i could chill and chat with my team mates and scan the forest across from me for enemy activity.

Some say GR was a slow game and condusive to camping, well we didnt need constant run and gun action to feel tense and excited. The beauty of the game and the constant flow of adrenaline rather than an adrenaline rush is what i miss so much. No matter how many games try to capture the GR like tactics and movement etc, none have come even close to providing that deadly picknick of a game ;)

You'd thinka game like Armed Assault would with it's countrysidish feel but it doesnt come anywhere near.

GR1 was something truly special. I hope blackfoot can capture what has been missing in modern games for a long time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd thinka game like Armed Assault would with it's countrysidish feel but it doesnt come anywhere near.

ArmA, is a combat simulator.. The reason for it's large maps is to have large scale battles..

COD 4, looks kinda mint..

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplatform release on same day. So far no release-date has been announced.

Edit: 4minutes Gameplay available on GT.com. Thank you E3!

The graphics and animations are incredible, really nice.

Edited by rookie

Fun thing is that there will be more playable characters. USMC Force Recon, SAS, Specnaz, SEALs. And also some fighter jet pilot. I wonder who the sniper in the trailer is. Probably SEAL but could be Specnaz.

I hope it will atleast run on a GF6200 but if it wont I'm really gonna buy new hardware for this game. Man I'm so pumped up for this!

It does look very good the only thing i wasn't too sure about was the first person view, it didn't seem as convincing compared to the other players movements, maybe its because i wasn't controlling it, but definitely a game worth looking at.. :thumbsup:

Yeah, this strange FP-feeling is because it is 360. So far only a few PC-screens have been released. But since it's developed for all platformes the graphical difference shouldn't be too big. Developers only said they prefer the PC-version because of the keyboard/mouse and slightly better graphics.

AND NOW for the new gameplay-footage at GT.com. I mean IT IS AMAZING, not just action, also realism now..just look at them clearing the room at min 3:30.

Now all I want is PC-gameplay with keyboard/mouse movement/looking. ;)

Yeah, this strange FP-feeling is because it is 360. So far only a few PC-screens have been released. But since it's developed for all platformes the graphical difference shouldn't be too big. Developers only said they prefer the PC-version because of the keyboard/mouse and slightly better graphics.

AND NOW for the new gameplay-footage at GT.com. I mean IT IS AMAZING, not just action, also realism now..just look at them clearing the room at min 3:30.

Now all I want is PC-gameplay with keyboard/mouse movement/looking. ;)

Man, I'm really glad I got around to watching this second E3 video you posted. I loved the helicopter insertion where there were several helicopters and a ton of RPG's flying everywhere yet no drop in frames. Very cool sequence. The part where they invade the freighter reminded me a ton of the first mission on the first socom game for ps2. I believe there was even a drunk guy on that game as well but I can't remember.

If this game has any sort of coop at all it could be a very fun game. That tank buster rocket launcher was also extremely well done. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.

"All Ghillied up" in pripyat Ukraine (a return to stalker ha!) a great video i can almost feel the atmosphere there in game, i realy like the subtle scottish voice of Cpt. MacMillan the eerie music and speach is drawing me into this game. Multiplayer looks a blast, what do you think to the perks? although i have only seen sleight of hand. Looking forward to this game on the pc and hopefully this year.