"Open" GRAW 2 Beta (2nd wave) thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I am in too. However, I can't get that weird ftp site to work :( Perhaps it is too busy atm?

"Set up your connection as active (generally by unchecking the box "passive mode")"

what exactly does that mean? Does that have something to do with the site not loading?

Praise the lord and pass the matches! I'm in too!

Whoopie!

shouldnt we talk about this? As were under the NDA :unsure::blink:

It's no secret that we're participating in the beta... we just cannot mention anything about gameplay... no screen shots, no commentary, no details... BUT... since they did open the beta there's a good chance a LOT of people on GR.net will actually BE in the beta... so... in that way perhaps sharing info is much less interesting. :)

On the beta -

I downloaded, installed, updated graphics drivers.... ran the game... and then promptly shut it down and went to work. ARGH.

ROCKY / ADMINS - what's the status of the closed beta forum? Can we in the second wave get access to that or is it just shut down / still private? I have some things to discuss already with other testers...

Thanks!

-jk

Nice, I am in too. However, I can't get that weird ftp site to work :( Perhaps it is too busy atm?

"Set up your connection as active (generally by unchecking the box "passive mode")"

what exactly does that mean? Does that have something to do with the site not loading?

I just dropped to a command line and ran the FTP client there... connect, say GET {filename}.... for me the FTP client switched to BIN mode automatically. I was getting ~300Kps and it's a 900mb file... but I grabbed it no problem and it installed fine.

OH - Update your graphics drivers... I was one release old from nVidia and it flagged me.... just FYI

-jk

ROCKY / ADMINS - what's the status of the closed beta forum? Can we in the second wave get access to that or is it just shut down / still private? I have some things to discuss already with other testers...

The forum is still active and still private. You need the password to gain access.

Congrats to all who are still getting in on the beta. I hope the interest is really to help test it and not to just play it early. >_<

The forum is still active and still private. You need the password to gain access.

Congrats to all who are still getting in on the beta. I hope the interest is really to help test it and not to just play it early. >_<

So. How you get the Password?

For those that might not feel comfortable with XP command line stuff:

Open a Command Prompt

type FTP {host name} (Hostname is from your Ubi eMail as well)

You will see a request for the USER ID and Password that was in your UBI eMail. Enter them now.

The command prompt will change to FTP>

type LS (press enter)

You should see a single file (GRAW2_PC_Closed_Beta.ZIP I think is the name. PAY ATTENTION to the filename!)

type GET {filename} and press ENTER

NOTE - the filename IS case sensitive.. you MUST type it exactly as it is shown on the screen in the LS command.

It's a HUGE file so it could take awhile. FTP is rather primitive so you will have virtually no way to know if it's working except to stare at your hub/switch/cable modem/DSL modem and watch the rapidly flashing lights. :)

When it's done you will see the FTP> command prompt again

type BYE (press enter)

type EXIT to close the command prompt

On my PC the FTP program put the game in the C:\Documents and Files\admin directory (My username for XP is admin)

Let me know if it works... it worked perfectly for me. If a LOT of people are hitting the server you could see a "connection" error... just keep trying.

If you download an ftp client (CoreFTP Lite (free), i.e) there is an option to set your connection as active. Just put in the host info, username and password, then drag the file to your PC. Give it about an hour and you should be good to go.

Gald to hear there are new peeps coming in to help test. I just hope we are not introducing a new line of SPAWN RAPERS.

Please be respectful of all in the servers and understand .. most of us could care less if you get 30000 kill/points in a game. Unless of course, it only counts up to 29999.

Also please note.. this is not a bashing of GRAW2.. it is a beta test .. it is a time where your idea's and findings can be put to good use. You can help, potiential, shape the game. The game is for the most part already developed.. I have a feeling only minor tweaks will be incorporated at this point..

Happy finding all and I hope to meet most of you online.

So please help and old guy who is having some troubles.................... :blush:

I NEED to DL an FTP client program? Which one.............where do I get one...?

I cannot just "type" the address into a search and find it...?

Just a little confusing that's all.......................................thankyou for the help

Kingkat.......................... :thumbsup:

Okay, I got it working now :D Thanks for the help guys!

So please help and old guy who is having some troubles.................... :blush:

I NEED to DL an FTP client program? Which one.............where do I get one...?

I cannot just "type" the address into a search and find it...?

Just a little confusing that's all.......................................thankyou for the help

Kingkat.......................... :thumbsup:

Read kretzj's posts above he recommended "corelite" and you type in your information then make sure you are set to active. (if not it will prompt you to switch when needed anyway.)

BTW: I am dling at 1mb/s. Sweet.

Edited by Beers

I just dropped to a command line and ran the FTP client there... connect, say GET {filename}.... for me the FTP client switched to BIN mode automatically. I was getting ~300Kps and it's a 900mb file... but I grabbed it no problem and it installed fine.

OH - Update your graphics drivers... I was one release old from nVidia and it flagged me.... just FYI

-jk

Yeah, about the graphics drivers. I have catalyst 7.4, which is the newest version. What exactly should I do from there :huh: ? It keeps saying I need to update my drivers and it wont let me play...

Edited by Beers

Yee freaking haw. I had my doubts about that survey but I'm glad I filled it out. I'm also glad I took the day off work to play with my new computer.

Yee Haw is right. Just got my e-mail and key. Will DL when I get home......a busy weekend ahead.... :thumbsup:

Fresh

If you download an ftp client (CoreFTP Lite (free), i.e) there is an option to set your connection as active. Just put in the host info, username and password, then drag the file to your PC. Give it about an hour and you should be good to go.

yep or you can use smartFTP v.2.5. All i did was put in all the info at the top and I could see the folder and transfer it to my desktop.