Was the Beta "Actually a test?"

it started on a friday and listed as over by monday. ok based on that scenario, is that game that damn good?, or was this another GRAW1 like Beta? GRAW1 had beta tests the same way. one day a beta patch releases, then two days later..BAM final release.

I hardly think anyone can fix all those bugs so damn fast.:hmm:

Does anyone else agree/disagree?

-IamJAFO

I think its more of a situation where the game in their eyes, is pretty much done, but want to catch any bugs that feel through the crack. Not so much in the fact so they can fix them by launch, but at least get a head start on them, so if need be, a patch can be released sooner rather than later after launch.

If they wanted to be sure and catch all the bugs, maybe they shouldn't be so stringent on the system requirements just to test it.

Well, low system specs is a bug that's up to the user to solve. The Beta gives a heads up on that.

Edited by Wolfsong

If they wanted to be sure and catch all the bugs, maybe they shouldn't be so stringent on the system requirements just to test it.

If you are referring to the 2GB of RAM, that was a mistake. It was changed later on during the sign up to be 1GB, which it should have been all along. Other than that the requirements weren't really that high. The were basically the same as GRAW 1 .

too bad there are hardly any players testing, I was online yesterday 20.00-23.00 GMT+1 and 3 players were on GRAW2 so I had to fall back on playing GRAW1..... I'd like to se a full server assault/defend someday, that game is no fun with <8 players.....

And there are plenty of bufgs to report, but you cannot see what's been reported before (on the UBI beta site) so you don't know what to report....

It would be really nice to be able to play online with some of the GRIN dudes on Teamspeak to discuss gameplay/bugs.....HINT HINT ;-)

probably won't happen Forrester. If this is all ringing true, then this community is in trouble. Mod support might not be improved at all. If that is also the case, what fun will there be then?

I also remember hearing about an issue with the bug reporting tool. if it is not working, then what's the point?

fedayn calls it a desert :tumbleweed: wow what a sad state of affairs then. :hmm:

-IamJAFO

probably won't happen Forrester. If this is all ringing true, then this community is in trouble. Mod support might not be improved at all. If that is also the case, what fun will there be then?

I also remember hearing about an issue with the bug reporting tool. if it is not working, then what's the point?

fedayn calls it a desert :tumbleweed: wow what a sad state of affairs then. :hmm:

-IamJAFO

Don't be that negative...... I know GRIN is doing all it can..... I know they read these forums and pick up hints.... a reminder of that are a lot of suggestions posted ghere being implemented in GRAW2 and the 1.35 patch of GRAW1 But UBI is the company that makes the decisions whether to use our hints or not (GRAW pc and GRAW console may not stray apart too much...., and some suggestions take too much effort to implement)

I see Grin has talken a lot of our comments in GRAW2, and I only hope they fix half of what is being reported before release..... that would make GRAW2 a huge hit if you ask me.....

And if UBI allowes them I'd love to meet them ingame and on TS to discuss some trouble still in GRAW2...... might be a lot easier to get stuff cleared out.... and to keep all whiners out they may password the TS and keep different rooms for one GRIN employee and one or 2 players..... :thumbsup:

-IamJAFO

Don't be that negative...... I know GRIN is doing all it can..... I know they read these forums and pick up hints.... a reminder of that are a lot of suggestions posted ghere being implemented in GRAW2 and the 1.35 patch of GRAW1 But UBI is the company that makes the decisions whether to use our hints or not (GRAW pc and GRAW console may not stray apart too much...., and some suggestions take too much effort to implement)

I see Grin has talken a lot of our comments in GRAW2, and I only hope they fix half of what is being reported before release..... that would make GRAW2 a huge hit if you ask me.....

And if UBI allowes them I'd love to meet them ingame and on TS to discuss some trouble still in GRAW2...... might be a lot easier to get stuff cleared out.... and to keep all whiners out they may password the TS and keep different rooms for one GRIN employee and one or 2 players..... :thumbsup:

Naw, don't mis-understand me. I reffered to UBISOFT's reporting tool. I understand this isn't a GRIN issue. Grin is rather caught in between a rock and a hard spot.

-IamJAFO

I know the beta testers can't really say anything because of the NDA thing, but how much have the requirements for GRAW2 gone up from GRAW1? I don't get great FPS on my system with GRAW1 so just wondering if anyone had any clues. Specs bellow:

CPU - AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2Ghz)

RAM - 1GB Corsair Value Select, PC2700, 333Mhz

GPU - HIS ATI X1650PRO 512mb AGP

OS - Win XP Pro

PSU - 420w

I understand this isn't a GRIN issue. Grin is rather caught in between a rock and a hard spot.
:P Grin's probably not just a/the helpless victim in all this: afterall, Grin are contracted professionals, not some little Ma & Pop Shop with no choice but to be dragged along by an "almighty" Ubi!

Still, what a lot of messups with this beta! :(

low end are you kidding me, thats a good system lol. I'm only managing about 25fps on med/low settings my CPU is bottlenecking my whole system because the gpu is pretty good.

The CPU would need replacing to get GRAW1/2 to run well on decent settings. 2.2GHz would been really good about 3-4 years ago. But then I'm still on a 1,8GHz from 5 years ago at home, so I can't play them at all there. :rolleyes:

I also think your RAM could cause some minor problems. 333Mhz RAM isn't really that good for gaming.

I think the beta was released to catch any bugs that could be reported. I understand some people had issue with the bug reporting tool. I was not one of them. So far, other then forking out $7 for the beta, everything else has been smooth for me.

I have reported several bugs and can only hope that these will make there way to GRIN for patching.

Althought it seems like fun, bug testing is hard work and repetitve. After 5 nights and a weekend.. I need a break.

Not only that - look at current GRAW - not tones of people on there, why would you think that a limited relased beta would be flocking with people. I can say for the first week, there where quite the number of people on..

It also get frustrating when you are trying to beta test and you have a few yahoo's spawn camping. I could care less if you kill me 100 times in a row.. your no hero.. I only care if you kill me 100 times and it only show 99 times.. if you get my drift.. not only that servers are set and can not be changed to people's linkings..

Anyway, all i can say, if I have not already said to much.. RvA is awesome..