Mk12 mod 0 SPR - v3.1 patch

Brettzies

@=warcloud=

thanks for the tutorial on installing the mods.

I didn't install tillyboyart, tps's third person & Sapper, I used Task Force Wraith for skin instead. :thumbsup:

I did noticed two things:

1) when sliding on the ground...there are no sound effects.

2) this floating blood:

fearfloatingbd4.th.jpg

which I posted in the FEAR thread....not a complaint, just bring it up to mirr.

I may change to tillboyart, just because I like the 5o'clock shadow... :shifty: shows how I feel most of the time. :whistle:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

Played on the [GR] Gamers Planet server with Bat21 and crew and decided to try out this mod. No joy for me though.

I haven't noticed if anyone else who has posted in the previous pages has Vista or not, but I do and the instructions don't seem to jive with Vista new rulesets.

Specifically, I followed the instruction in the pdf about making the English folder and copying the mod files into the folder, however, Vista does not allow this. Well it does, in a round about way, it doesn't allow modified files in a program directory, it saves the mod file elsewhere and directs it to the program.

Either way, the mod didn't work for me so I blew it off. Well, I tried to. I was able to delete the English file but that is about it.

I know that the mod files should be on the C: drive (C:\[username]\DataApp\Local\VirtualStore, however I can not find this directory on my system (ya, call me a noob, still not used to Vista) and every search for that directory OR for files that I know are in that directory ends in bumpkiss.

Now, I can not play on over half of the [GR] games because I get the "file not the same" error.

Uh, help? Does this mod work with Vista? What can I do? Am I going to have to blow of GRAW and do a fresh install?

Thank you for your support,

Albert - Pariah - eastwoodaen

Now, I can not play on over half of the [GR] games because I get the "file not the same" error.

Uh, help? Does this mod work with Vista? What can I do? Am I going to have to blow of GRAW and do a fresh install?

Sorry to hear you are having such a battle with this. Sounds more like Vista is the problem though. I don't own Vista so it will be hard for me to even suggest anything short of re-installing the game to get back to functioning. Is it really that difficult to re-install though?

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that it is so difficult to install on Vista - I mean, it's just copying a folder into another basically, nothing complex about it. I wonder if there are some security settings you can turn down or off to install the mod and then turn back on once it is in. There are some Vista threads in the technically support of this message board for GRAW that might actually give you some insight into getting the mod to work. Or if you just want to get back to normal play I recommend uninstalling and re-installing but try to keep your save games and config files. Sorry for the troubles.

Brett, I uploaded a video of a SCAR demo with some pretty clear sounds you can rip out of it. Thought you might find it useful.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1YD8US2I

Video looks cool, but I get no sound. Now I feel like Pariah. LOL. Actually, when I installed MediaPlayer11 or 12 or whatever the damn thing is called last year, I lost sound in a bunch of wmvs and some avis. I can see it's looking for MediaAudio 9 but it says I have that installed. I tried for hours to find a fix, patch, or plugin for this with no luck. There is no support either no one I could contact. Every plugin I tried said I already had media-audio9. Here's the real kicker, uninstalling it doesn't do anything - I can't get rid of it and can't get my sound back by going to mediaplayer 10. Sometimes I can open the file in MediaPlayer classic and it will play the sound, but with this file it didn't work.

I use windows Vista, the business version 32 bit version and GRAW and the texture fix worked fine for me. The only problems I had were that I couldn't find the profile folders for a few days, there are visible now, and I cant find the settings file for the textures so I can turn on high res textures on my 256mb card. So I'm not sure it's a Vista only problem.

Built this on Thursday, one of my favorite pistols. Saw some things on Friday, but decided to go ahead and texture it anyway. I'll see about getting it in with the next update. It'll be weapon_id 45 even...how fitting.

~

yep, that was my sidearm in afghanistan. it is very accurate, pretty big in my medium hands, but i got used to it.

Wow, I'm surprised you carried one as a sidearm. I'd heard that the Mk23s were generally found to be far too cumbersome as siderarms and that everyone they were originally intended for ended up using USP Tacticals.

On that note, Brett, you're probably going to have trouble fitting that gun to any animations ingame. It's much larger than an M9 or G19.

Jeez Brett, I think you are on your way into saving GRIN. :rofl:

Can anyone share a copy of file so I can have the M4A1 (shorty) as a secondary?

Trying to play GuardRail again with Bretts mod.

I'm too uneducated to figure out what EricJ was writing about how to extract/unbundle so I can have the shorty as secondary :rofl:

Wow, I'm surprised you carried one as a sidearm. I'd heard that the Mk23s were generally found to be far too cumbersome as siderarms and that everyone they were originally intended for ended up using USP Tacticals.

On that note, Brett, you're probably going to have trouble fitting that gun to any animations ingame. It's much larger than an M9 or G19.

it is true that we switched after the deployment, but the weapon defintely has it's plus side. like i said before i had to get used to it and i did, just like any other weapon. the ###### was damn accurate though, no lying about that.