After reading this GRAW2 review,

your impossible

and to comment on your last post also, your wrong... about your extrapolations of my intent, defintions of words, and last but not least the thoughts of the author of the article in question. I have already proven all three. To argue them further would make you look dumber becuase you can't read and would make me look dumber because I'm falling victim to repeating myself.

A piece of advice for you, in the future .. before engaging in conversations with people about leagal, political, and social matters make sure you know what your talking about, ie: research the topics. It makes you look less ignorant.

And I mean ignorant in its real meaning as in "one who is without knowledge", not its "layman" meaning "rude" as alot of people use it.

Edited by JasonFMX

it really hasn't gotten too far off topic at all. I'm just tryin to reinforce my original statement that there are falsehoods. Simple facts that can be proven.

Mr, Jafo has already confessed to being on drugs so I guess that explains why hes being so thickheaded about this (I hope) and trying to me (and all of us) something different thats sitting right in front all of our faces.

so far I think its been a pretty stable arguement, you guys gonna lock every thread where theres a disagreement ? As long as people handle themselves apropriately whats the difference ?

so.... you lock whatever you have to

Edited by JasonFMX

your impossible

and to comment on your last post also, your wrong... about your extrapolations of my intent, defintions of words, and last but not least the thoughts of the author of the article in question. I have already proven all three. To argue them further would make you look dumber becuase you can't read and would make me look dumber because I'm falling victim to repeating myself.

A piece of advice for you, in the future .. before engaging in conversations with people about leagal, political, and social matters make sure you know what your talking about, ie: research the topics. It makes you look less ignorant.

And I mean ignorant in its real meaning as in "one who is without knowledge", not its "layman" meaning "rude" as alot of people use it.

Then write UBISOFT and complain. I can't believe I entertained this stupid conversation :angry: . Also layoff the caffeine please. :pirate:

Added: I request we get this back on topic as ROCO said

-IamJAFO

Edited by IamJAFO

I dont care enough to write ubisoft, doesnt matter to me. I'm just telling you and the people reading this thread

remember jafo, you started this. go back to the beginning and start reading it all over.

*Ahem*BS*Ahem* we do need to get this back on topic please. ;)

-IamJAFO

...... :rolleyes:

Great..attack of the Ghostrecon.net lawyers. :rolleyes: . look guys, I am not going to lose sleep over it ok? :thumbsup: It's just a game. either that, or my attitude towards certain things in life has changed and they don't really mean anything anymore.Let me get this straight, We are debating a...MAGAZINE review? I should've stopped the argument. sorry I didn't guys.

-IamJAFO

Ok, folks:

Libel is the deliberate printing of information that is known by the printer to be incorrect, for the express purpose of maligning another party.

It must be malicious in intent, and knowingly incorrect.

message boards get blown way out of proportion due to time delay.

what is this ? about a ....... 20 second conversation.

Me: Isn't that libel

Jafo: No its an opinion

Me: I'm not talking about his opinion, i mean how he says you cant respawn as ghosts. he printed it therefore its libel

Jafo: well thats how he saw it

Me: doesnt matter if its how he saw it. its not a matter of opinion its a fact and he neglected to do proper research which is easily available, then printed a falsehood.

(blah blah blah)

Dannik: it has to be malicious to be libel

(skip to present)

Me; I've seen many definitions of libel, some did and did not include the words malicious and intentional. For instance, my definition came from American heritage I believe. but the long and short of it is, its still the printing of a falsehood

seperate piece:

As I've said, what.... 3 times now? The guy was concerned about not respawning when ghosts die. Its a fact that you can respawn. thats the point. I just think the guy who wrote that article is dumb becuase he didnt reasearch too damn hard. I dont give a flying crap who prints what personally and I'm certainly not going to write UBIsoft about anything, the whole reason I even mentioned lible was to point out further how dumb that guy was. Becuase if it was me, Id make sure I had every damn comma and period in the right place let alone the content of what I was saying before I submitted to publication. and the reason i kept on with jafo was becuase he kept getting me right in the head every time i made a post about how the whole thing is opinion and everything i was saying was completely going right over his head. which is frustrating for anyone. maybe its just him, or maybe its his muscle relaxers he previously mentioned I dont know. but when you simply tell someone something and show them the proof and they still argue with it... well,.... you do the math.

if you guys wanna keep this going , go head. I'm starting to lose interest.

Edited by JasonFMX

I remember one of the first computer game reviews I ever read, many years ago, in the local newspaper. It was about a turn-based tactical sci-fi combat game.

A close friend of mine soon after told me he'd heard of this game and that he intended to buy it. I told him about the poor review and urged him not to buy it. He chose to ignore me and bought it anyway.

The game in question was "UFO: Enemy Unknown" (i.e. X-COM 1), recently hailed by Gamespot.com as the greatest PC game of all time, and I must say I pretty much agree. My frend and I spent countless hours enjoying that game.

I have never since relied on a review when deciding wether to buy or not buy a game. Sure, a review may inform on specific parameters that are crucial to my decision. For instance, I probably wouldn't buy an MP-only shooter, and I'm sure many others wouldn't buy a shooter that had no MP feature. Multiple reviews and community feedback, specifically from people i know share my tastes in gaming may convince me one way or the other. But letting a review decide if the game is good or bad, just like that? Never.

Respectfully

krise madsen

well to be honest, the article or part Jason seems to be referring to in the article is AI. so this could be a COOPerative mission where there were no respawns like in GRAW. But when you setup an [GR] COOP game, if I remember correctly, you could respawn. So maybe the reviewer was playing a cooperative mission GRAW style and not [GR] style. :hmm:

maybe this is where the confusion is between us.BCZ remember, the GRAW COOP you setup how many AI teammates and when you died, mission over. but if you played [GR] coop, you could respawn as much as you would like. maybe the reviewer was dealing with the GRAW COOP, now I come to think of it.

-IamJAFO

well to be honest, the article or part Jason seems to be referring to in the article is AI. so this could be a COOPerative mission where there were no respawns like in GRAW. But when you setup an [GR] COOP game, if I remember correctly, you could respawn. So maybe the reviewer was playing a cooperative mission GRAW style and not [GR] style. :hmm:

maybe this is where the confusion is between us.BCZ remember, the GRAW COOP you setup how many AI teammates and when you died, mission over. but if you played [GR] coop, you could respawn as much as you would like. maybe the reviewer was dealing with the GRAW COOP, now I come to think of it.

-IamJAFO

well no, the guy that wrote the article just plain ole fudged up. As the public article colin posted the recon vs assult, when your a ghost your on recon mode. And on recon mode when you die you dont spawn immediately like you do as a rebel (after about a 10-15 second wait or so). You have to wait until either the rebels wipe out your whole team and you have a full or partial loss and start over OR when the ghosts score an objective like knock out an ADT. When that happens you respawn.

JasonFMX, just an off the hip shot on this whole issue

The Rebels have the task of repelling the Ghosts using deadly force, so only Rebels may respawn when killed.

I think from the impression I got is, a team vs team match where the Rebel team say you're rebel and I'm a ghost and you can respawn and I can't.

But Jason, if that's wrong as you say, it isn't intentional libel. actually it would be a typographical error whereby I blame the editor for not proof-checking the article for completeness. that would be some of the ugliest work I've seen in an magazine piece . :whistle:

-IamJAFO

Edited by IamJAFO

i agree... thats my point the writer and editor are both incompitant.

also, i never said it was intentional. like the guy woke up one day and said I'm going to defimate UBIsoft. Its just incompitance. Both from the definition I looked up and what I was taught in school was the most simplest form of libel. written/typed publicized faslehoods. everything beyond that is something augmented. It doesnt always mean intentional, malicious, defimation, or a lawsuit. those things are possible to come later. for example.

You can sue someone becuase they intentionally and malicously defimated you by means of libel via newspaper, billboard, etc.

see what I mean ? to simply say the word libel means what I've said all along, someone just printed a falsehood. extrapolate from that what you will but remember, anytime you jump to conclusions, even without realizing it (like we all do from time to time) you'll most likely end up in some sort of hot water. assume nothing and keep things in their most simplest form.

theres our civics lesson for today.

Edited by JasonFMX

"All things taken into consideration, it looks like GRAW 2's multiplayer could rival Counter-Strike Source for realistic team based online competition."

LMAO!!! LOL LOLOLOL AHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

UBI ...... rival CS:S ?!?! :wacko:

ROFL!!!

"All things taken into consideration, it looks like GRAW 2's multiplayer could rival Counter-Strike Source for realistic team based online competition."

LMAO!!! LOL LOLOLOL AHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

UBI ...... rival CS:S ?!?! :wacko:

ROFL!!!

Calling CS:S "realistic team based" is the real joke.

EDIT: Damn, I can't spell to save my own life. :P

Edited by Wolfsong

' date='Apr 24 2007, 06:07 AM' post='462133']

Yay! Another troll!

Im not a troll!! :ph34r:

Im a big Tom Clancy fan .. got all the TC games from Original R6 to RSV and GR .. didnt get GRAW because of the lacking support from UBI.

I thought a million times before buying Vegas just because of what UBI is doing to my all time favorite games.

I just found it really funny because I was comparing the game support with Valve and how they keep their games alive comapred to UBI.

Oh how I wish at least 1 TC game could come out great and stay alive for at least 3-4 years without problems or complaints from players.

Well tbh I think the only way Ubishaft is going to realise what they're doing is when the TC franchise collapses (on the PC anyway, but that probably wouldn't bother them). On top of the TC games the silent hunter series is taking a beating from poor initial release. Its clear that SH4 needed AT LEAST two months extra dev time to get it right, the first "patch" added a whole new sub class which kind of suggests that it was released without even the core bits with it, pretty disgraceful if you ask me. We should stop buying their crap (apart from GRAW2 which I am actually looking forward to sounds like GRiN has done a good job with it), or get the dev teams to actually stand up for themselves. Ubi only listen to their bank accounts so when that starts to slump they will listen.