GRAW + Vista = Horrible!

Ok, so i recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium 32 bit and upgraded from 1gb of RAM to 2gb so vista won't eat up everything. Everything's been running fine, BF2, COD, etc. But when i popped in GRAW it started lagging like hell, on an unpopulated local server. GRAW 's been running flawlessly on the XP, even with less RAM i could run everything maxed out. What?

Every spec is the same aside from the OS and more RAM than before.

Intel Centrino duo core 1.66 GHz (same with the XP)

Nvidia Geforce GO 7600 W/ 256 mb video RAM (same as XP, but with most recent Vista drivers)

more than enough hard drve space (73 gb more to be exact)

2 gb RAM (1 gb more than with XP)

Any idea on what i can do?

I estimate i'm getting roughly 4-7 fps

Edited by DerRelient

Sorry to say, but if you are serious about gaming, you shouldn't be running games on Vista at this point.

Your best bet if you still want Vista on your system is to do a dual boot setup. However, you will have to reinstall XP first before Vista.

Ok, so i recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium 32 bit and upgraded from 1gb of RAM to 2gb so vista won't eat up everything. Everything's been running fine, BF2, COD, etc. But when i popped in GRAW it started lagging like hell, on an unpopulated local server. GRAW 's been running flawlessly on the XP, even with less RAM i could run everything maxed out. What?

Every spec is the same aside from the OS and more RAM than before.

Intel Centrino duo core 1.66 GHz (same with the XP)

Nvidia Geforce GO 7600 W/ 256 mb video RAM (same as XP, but with most recent Vista drivers)

more than enough hard drve space (73 gb more to be exact)

2 gb RAM (1 gb more than with XP)

Any idea on what i can do?

I estimate i'm getting roughly 4-7 fps

Same issues... I've had Except mine isn't a laptop... Lets see if this seems familiar..

Look at ground or sky 20FPS... look straight ahead ... 5.

My upgrade next week though should fix that. (gutting the whole pc for major upgrade.)

Darn it, is there a way i can dual boot without an XP cd? I never installed XP, i only got it with the computer. Or is there a way i can get a CD without buying the OS again?

You didn't get install disks when you bought the computer?

Darn it, is there a way i can dual boot without an XP cd? I never installed XP, i only got it with the computer. Or is there a way i can get a CD without buying the OS again?

You didn't get install disks when you bought the computer?

Might be like mine, got a Toshiba Satellite laptop about 5 years ago and it came with XP pre-installed. A couple of months ago it would not start up after I came back from vacation and when I popped in the recovery disks it wants to load windows 98. :wall:

preety good asvise i thought....... >>>

friend told me 'as a gamer you should wait about 6 months untill vista is as good as xp b4 you upgrade' :hmm:

'Their is no point up grading if you solely use your pc to game when their is preety much no compatability for gamers in Vista yet'

'wait alittle longer, let every one else solve the Vista problems. It means you'll have more fun gaming and no hassels so when Vista is completely at XP's lvl, you will go "WOW THIS IS GREAT", not "GOD DAM I H8 HOW MICROSOFT HAVE SO MANY BUGS WHEN THEY 1ST RELEASE PROGRAMS" '.

sounds like preety sound advise to me... :thumbsup:

why use a system that works for one and not for all games ???? 0:)

to me that says your inevitably going to experience a problem..... :ermm:

patience is the key (for gamers) .....

BUMP!

Sorry for the double post, but before dual booting, i figure i'd update everything

sound card, direct x, and my video card.

here's what i get in return...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Mic...14-20-06-59.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Mic...14-22-50-76.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Mic...14-19-53-19.jpg

reinstall?

IIRC, this is the same thing that happened to me when i had my 5900 fx or something. an reccomendations?

Oh yeah, i'm running on medium with trillinear optimization (or soemthing like that) with no AA at 1024x768

[Oversize images changed to URL's - Please see forum rule 3.14- Large Images]

Edited by Pave Low

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody,

This looks as a video driver problem. I have a Vista machine and at first point I had low framerates when running the game. I then installed the latest drivers of my Nvidia card and got the same problem as seen on the screenshots above.

The solution is: install the latest Bèta-drivers of Nvidia.

I can play now GRAW in highest details with high framerates and without the problems mentioned above.

Try it.

Good luck !

Geert.

• 2 weeks later...