Grin should make own tac-sim titles

to gain your own self respect. I have to stop and think you Grin guys can make a game on your own.

Bohemia interactive got their Armed assault published By Atari here in the US. and another publisher in the EU.

Can we all agree to support Grin in trying to go on their own and produce something we'd like?

show your support! I know you guys can do it. UBISOFT just "hindered" your work.

Admins: this is meant as a genuine thread, all jokes aside. :thumbsup:

-IamJAFO

Edited by IamJAFO

that would be awesome, but im afraid ubi pays too well lol.

I'd give grin the benfit Benefit of the doubt. Given the chance to go on their own AND probably getting tired of being under UBISOFT and probaly having ideas of their own on how to do it, who knows?

The only way to know is to give it a try.

-IamJAFO

Edited by IamJAFO

to gain your own self respect. I have to stop and think you Grin guys can make a game on your own.

Bohemia interactive got their Armed assault published By Atari here in the US. and another publisher in the EU.

Can we all agree to support Grin in trying to go on their own and produce something we'd like?

show your support! I know you guys can do it. UBISOFT just "hindered" your work.

-IamJAFO

This.

Ubi are a trainwreck.

Steam FTW.

-IamJAFO

This.

Ubi are a trainwreck.

Steam FTW.

GRIN + STEAM = :yes::D;):grin2::devil:

Edited by philkilla

The funny thing is, GRIN does create tac-sim games. Their resume includes many literal tactical simulators. For police, military, etc.

You just can't buy them in stores. ;)

I'd rephrase that as "GRIN did create tac-sim games, for the military".

Edited by Wolfsong

I agree, game had potential but that AW stuff is just not it.

It makes the game feel more sci-fi than tactical.

I believe GRIN could pull a great tac shooter on their own but more AW? Cant say i look forward to more of that.

I think the Advanced Warfighter stuff is an UBISOFT name to use for the game. IF Grin would break free of UBISOFT and have the say over their own title, THEN you might see a game of greater potential.

It's hard to show your true abilities when they are controlled by another party.

-IamJAFO

I agree, game had potential but that AW stuff is just not it.

It makes the game feel more sci-fi than tactical.

I believe GRIN could pull a great tac shooter on their own but more AW? Cant say i look forward to more of that.

I think the Advanced Warfighter stuff is an UBISOFT name to use for the game. IF Grin would break free of UBISOFT and have the say over their own title, THEN you might see a game of greater potential.

It's hard to show your true abilities when they are controlled by another party.

-IamJAFO

...and once you break free you're left with the tiny inconvenience of finding funding....

:)

-jk

Callsign 3Point

The big problem with GRAW is the game engine, too big a resource hog to look that poor. That is not a fault of Ubi. Wrong game engine.

No, if you have good hardware GRAW performs great at max settings, the problem is that the game is not very scalable so mid range cant handle it that well.

GRAW is also demanding because the levels are large, open and detailed.

Everything needed to make a great tac game is in there but it would have to be changed:

-The graphics are good but not very "natural" looking.

-The a.i. is good but too acurate, sensitive and def.

-The gameplay is basic, ordinary FPS alike...

-The AW design is just too arcadish and sci-fi.

GRIN could make a great tac shooter with what they have but they would have to do their thing instead of PC versions for Ubisoft's arcadish console FPS'ers.