Read this thread on UBI forum!

I would take that post with a grain of salt, everytime I read on the ubi forums it's nothing but a bash fest. Honestly I dont understand why certain people hate a particular game or company so much that they continually post against said game or company. I want to see the game with my own eyes first......

I find it funny that people want a super-dee-duper tactical shooter, that, even if it appeals to a tiny niche market, they'd be willing to pay more for it. But if that game was ever made, who would say "It's too hard for me," or "I'm too stupid to play it?" No one. They'd say the game sucks.

I'm not saying that GRAW 2 is a super-dee-duper tactical shooter. I'm saying maybe the naysayers are really stupid.

I have this feeling that, while everyone positive can't be right, the negative all can't be wrong.

Of course, down the middle somewhere is usually closer to the mark. It's the "I'll never buy Ubi again" crowd hanging around ad nauseum that's hard understand.

' date='Apr 19 2007, 08:38 PM' post='461414']

I find it funny that people want a super-dee-duper tactical shooter, that, even if it appeals to a tiny niche market, they'd be willing to pay more for it. But if that game was ever made, who would say "It's too hard for me," or "I'm too stupid to play it?" No one. They'd say the game sucks.

I'm not saying that GRAW 2 is a super-dee-duper tactical shooter. I'm saying maybe the naysayers are really stupid.

I'm with this guy.

I would take that post with a grain of salt, everytime I read on the ubi forums it's nothing but a bash fest. Honestly I dont understand why certain people hate a particular game or company so much that they continually post against said game or company. I want to see the game with my own eyes first......

And we don`t need it here too.

:)

I can`t say i am impressed with the 4 player co-op limit, but pushing that aside, it is what it is.

Tinker

:thumbsup:

*Edit* I used to get a slap for saying the tiltle of this thread from my parents! :P

Yeah I couldn't even read through the whole post cause it got boring. I've heard people say GRAW was run and gun and I have to disagree. While you can't stack up on doors and toss flashbangs, I think GRAW is very tactical. And I don't even think it's really meant to be. People complaining about R6V being more tactical than GRAW. Of course it is. cause the most destructive weapon you go up against are heavy machine gunner and possible RPGs(can't remember that well) But in GRAW, it's a much more conventional scale. I know SF are unconventional but I believe they fall under the broader SOCOM and not JSOC like Delta. But it's like they're comparing apples and oranges. And for the people saying R6V had better multiplayer, why do me and my friend keep getting disconnected from the server or having our games crash? I'll admit the customization of R6V was better but it's like it was meant for the 360. I mean I still play it cause I like being able to customize my character but I think GRAW 2 will be much better than they say. I'm not a beta tester but I think it's pretty ridiculous thatthey're busting on the game so soon. That's the whole point usually of a beta is to improve on things. Anyways, that's all I gotta say. Have a good 'un.

How come 90% of all the people in that forum is saying they wont buy another UBI game still hangs around in there. And most of all, keep posting in the threads?

Didn't you know sulking is fun? ;)

Lets just say that there is a fine line between the passionate (for better or worse) enthusiast and the tinfoil-hat wearing nutter :rolleyes:

Respectfully

krise madsen

How come 90% of all the people in that forum is saying they wont buy another UBI game still hangs around in there. And most of all, keep posting in the threads?

Its there mission in life, if you gave them a game and asked then to do a mission in it they would post a thread in a forum instead.

They dont have any thing else to do, the vegas forum is full of them.

But I figure we need some where to go and look how negative posting is done on a professional level, its good to see how not to get some thing done.

:D

:o its quite amazing that ppl will bag something that provides an awsome outcome... bugga ubi, who cares how bad it can be...

I mean the overall out come is 'awsome games' such as GR ,GRAW ,RvS ,SC etc are accessable.. I for one began on Rogue Spear and thought (at the time) it was great.... GR came out and omg outdoor combat with same style tactical interface and planning.... Ohh how awsome...RvS came on the scene and wow what a bang in the face for graphics, was too good to be true.. not to mention the whole Splinter series with insane shadows for realism....

Now GRAW with (ohh how i luv) 1 shot and your dead, no stuffing around do your job or die in the process...

The whole Tom Clancy experience is to be cherished not bagged becasue ppl feel this and think that...

I for 1 am extremely greatfull for Ubi,Tom Clancy to show such emagination so i could experience the awsome world tactical combat.....

Ubi ftw :D

p.s. every day i logg into my pc it takes me approx 10 mins to decide what game im going to play casue i luv em all

(even lockdown {cant stand how craptola the AI is} 's rain bubbles on your goggles effect, too cool )

When you figure that one out, please let me know.. by that time I will have resolved starvation, homelessness and will have witnessed the second coming of Christ.

By the way, the people that said RV6 is way more tactical then GRAW, I have to sincerely disagree. I think both games are about the same. I think it more depends on who you are playing with and there playing styles, if you are using T.S. or some sort of VOIP .. to accomplish team tactics.. but we all ahve our own tactics that we apply and modierate depending on the game we are playing.. even FPS like Quake and UT were/are tactical.

Tactical Defined:

• a. (used with a sing. verb) The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy.
    b. (used with a pl. verb) Maneuvers used against an enemy

2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A procedure or set of maneuvers engaged in to achieve an end, an aim, or a goal.

Edited by IrishStout

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

• a. (used with a sing. verb) The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy.
    b. (used with a pl. verb) Maneuvers used against an enemy

2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A procedure or set of maneuvers engaged in to achieve an end, an aim, or a goal.

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

While that is a valid question (one that seems to defy answer since I, too, am here on this forum and feel some of the same things)... I think the bigger question is not why people continue complaining, but why they started complaining in the first place.

Not meaning to poke sticks at anyone, but to a segment of the [GR] fan base, GRAW was a disappointment as a supposed sequel to [GR]. I think most of us could at least agree that simple comment is true, whether you personally feel that way or not.

But for some reason this issue has caused a much strong emotional reaction than even I would have suspected. This goes beyond the issue of "company xxx ruined my favorite game"... it's now emotional... it's passionate... people take time out of their lives to CONTINUE bashing a game they've already stated they will never buy.

So why the strong reaction? Did [GR] have that strong a fanbase that this became personal? I personally feel betrayed by UBi, not GRiN, with GRAW... but I try to post constructively, and I hope that GRAW 2 is okay (I will wait for feedback this time before I buy it)... but I don't live, breath and eat anger toward the world about it.

(Okay, Ubi delaying it without a single public comment REALLY ###### me off, but hey, that's just a lack of respect for the customer).

I think Ubi might have hit a nerve that was far more sensitive than they realized. PC gamers already feel left out or betrayed when a game shop goes console... and then for some their beloved [GR] sequel turns into something they didn't want. I think it did become personal at that point... a personal attack of sorts against a sacred cow.

Enough psychobabble I suppose... but the sociological side of me watches this whole issue in rapt fascination...

-jk

Callsign SigmundFraud. :)

Yeah I was wondering why you can have a rifle scope on an MP5. When I have a SMG, I have it set to full auto because I find that more effective in a CQB situation. Which pretty much makes a rifle scope useless. I do think GRAW should move into the mature category. But not for adult language. Just more blood spray. The mods I downloaded for that in GRAW just did not work. But if it does stick to teen, I won't have a problem with it cause either way it's still gonna be a lot sweeter(and probably less glitchier) than R6V. Have a good 'un.

I will answer that for u m8, its to warn people from buying ubisoft games and wasting there money.

It may not affect the people who come here because they tend to be fans of the graw series and are aware of the problems that they will undoubtadly encounter 3 months down the line when you guys at grin drop support for this game to start work on graw 3.

Whilst your here ; ) does the game have sads?