Are you Unhappy with

Please bear in mind that this is a ubisoft game. They were bound to mess up the demo. it isnt going to work straight out of the box and you are going to get screwed by a lack of support within 3 months of its release.

JUST DONT BUY IT.

LOL :lol:

Maybe if Ubisoft was the developer, but as you may know that isn't exactly the case.

Please bear in mind that this is a ubisoft game. They were bound to mess up the demo. it isnt going to work straight out of the box and you are going to get screwed by a lack of support within 3 months of its release.

JUST DONT BUY IT.

Hi! I'm going to join a forum for a game I have no intention of buying or ever even playing.

Actually, mr smartypants, I joined these forums before Graw came out. Then I bought the game and got screwed by UBI with an unfinished game. If you dont agree that graw is ######, count the people who still play it in mp.

Then I bought vegas and got screwed by UBi again, so now I am very wary of ubi products and always advise that people should demo it before buying it.

By the way does this game have SADS?

Actually, mr smartypants, I joined these forums before Graw came out. Then I bought the game and got screwed by UBI with an unfinished game. If you dont agree that graw is ######, count the people who still play it in mp.

Then I bought vegas and got screwed by UBi again, so now I am very wary of ubi products and always advise that people should demo it before buying it.

By the way does this game have SADS?

Wow, it sounds like there is a history lesson here for us to at least concerned about.

I had an invitation to the GRAW1 Beta and thought that wasn't executed optimally. It's sad to see Ubi didn't learn from the past (again) and did an even worse job GRAW2 Beta this year.

With a broken feedback system, it seems to me that this "beta test" is more for PR rather than actually getting any useful info for the developers.

Worse yet, this "beta" could actually do more damage than a public "demo" would because it frustrates and disappoints the gamers who may already like the GRAW franchise, and were planning to buy the game but may now change their minds.

I definitely respect GRIN and their hard work on this game. It's just a shame that their publisher dropped the ball on GRIN's baby and may have done more harm than good with this poorly organized beta test.

I had an invitation to the GRAW1 Beta and thought that wasn't executed optimally. It's sad to see Ubi didn't learn from the past (again) and did an even worse job GRAW2 Beta this year.

With a broken feedback system, it seems to me that this "beta test" is more for PR rather than actually getting any useful info for the developers.

Worse yet, this "beta" could actually do more damage than a public "demo" would because it frustrates and disappoints the gamers who may already like the GRAW franchise, and were planning to buy the game but may now change their minds.

I definitely respect GRIN and their hard work on this game. It's just a shame that their publisher dropped the ball on GRIN's baby and may have done more harm than good with this poorly organized beta test.

Nicely put, and fully agree.

Very well said. I don't know why or how but, most businesses I know of who have such shoddy business practises, end up firing those people responsible. But UBISOFT doesn't seem to. Sorry, my Conscience tells me that what UBISOFT has done is NOT good and proper business.

-IamJAFO

please have some thought about it again, ubi may publish but in this test there are very good testers and a great dev team and bugs are reported and worked on

so please have some faith in the devs and testers, as there are quite some respectable players from the community testing this game,

that could be seen as a good thing even if not all goes down smooth in the organisation of it all.

having a fixed mind on not going to buy out of spite due to ubi and what they do would be sort of niglecting the efforts of grin and the beta testers.

(in music terms, say your favo band makes records on the same label as your most not liked artist, would you not buy that record from the favo artist because of that ?? or because of bad publishing by the label ?

please it is about the music/game not the one who publishes it make your decissions when reviews are out and the game is there to see and to be talked about.)

reading this does not make for happy testing as it demotivates somewhat

but that can be my sensative nature....

Sui has a point, in spite of Ubi France, the dev team and the testers will make up any short fall in the poor organisation, and implimentation of the beta.

Absolutely. I definitely have faith in GRIN and the gamers testing the game that they will make the game better. What blows my mind is that it took a third party (i.e. GR.net, not Ubi) to come to the rescue and open up a channel (i.e. private forum here) for the testers to communicate and share their findings.

As I'm not involved in this round of beta testing, please correct me if any of my assumptions are inaccurate.

One also must understand where a few of us are comming from when we express our disspleasure with UBI.

Some like myself were involved in the first beta test for GRAW and that was run rather haphazardly and very unorginised.

After much testing and imput UBI went the other way with what they ended up letting GRIN do with the game than what they had said.

We were fed false information and were promised fixes and changes. In other words we got a completely unfinished game that we had to wait and wait for fixes and content. Most of which was not even close to what we expected to happen after the feedback we recieved about our endless posts about bugs and problems.

We and myself included had high hopes as it appeard that GRIN was very concernd and very present in the forums and appeard to be taking an interest in the evolution of the game we so truly loved for many years so that GRAW could be the next generation of [GR].

What we got was no where close and even after the fixes and added content which added up to really no more than a few maps and a few differnt game modes fell far short.

But we still held out with the hope that sooner or later we would get something really worth while. Instead we get a new GRAW which is not even an exspantion to the first but a whole new entity unto itself.

Then we recieved invitations, most of which did'nt work due to a so called bug in the system and all those whom had been invited had to resubmit or write UBI to get a key.

Then for some of us the key did'nt even work and once we finnaly got a new one the ftp was closed. For those who were lucky enough to get the beta they could'nt relay any of the bugs they had found as the link to report bugs did'nt work.

So in no way are we upset with the testers or GRIN they have all done increadable work. We are upset with the company who has the developers hands tied as to what they can and cannot do with the game for what ever reasons. Financial or otherwise.

And this is not like a record label which handels many artists, This is a game pulishing company that had a huge and loyal fan base with [GR] and the RVS series. Now with both they have more or less let the buyer know that we are not as important anymore. Consoles are the name of the game and not PC's anymore.

How many games on console do you know of that last for 6 years like [GR] did. And with the huge community that followed it ?

Consoles turn over in a few months bringing in a much greater bottom line than a PC game that lasts years. Even [GR] had 2 exspansion packs with more content than we got with GRAW.

So don't get me wrong here, it's the company that dictates what the developer can or cannot do that we are upset with. And after being burned repeatedly by the same company over and over who would not be just a little ticked and quite right in not trusting or wanting to buy anything that that company put out again. So it's not like we were burned just once and we threw a temper tantrum like a 5 yr old. We trusted and waited and got burned. So we trusted and waited and got burned.

If I buy a new car and it breaks and breaks and breaks do you think I'm going to go out and buy another one from the same maker ? Not on your life, so why should this be much differnt. I did everything I could to have people give GRAW a chance and it was going to get fixed as we were promised. Never happend. Now the same process seems to be happening all over again. If you stick your hand in a fire and get burned, are you going to do it again just in case it won't the next time ? I would hope not.

So I'm done ranting here. Sorry admins for being a bit passionate and long winded.

a car and a game are further apart then a game and a music artist,

but i accept you creatch are passionate and kinda upset(my interpertation of the rant above) but you are still here so you have hope ?

even after all UBI did between GR and the present you still are here in this forum(the graw 2 forum) so you are still looking at "cars" of the same maker...

i would like to see you happy like i would like to see every one happy with what we get next, but i don't know how it will be recieved, all i tried to say was that some positive attitude in the graw2 forum would encurage testers even more cause we interact with each other (testers non testers, should be testers etc.)

even if you did not get in the test due to Ubi organisation skills it would not mean that what you wanted to test is not worth it any more.

i think ubi does care for the pc gamer, cause otherwise they would have ported graw for us to complain about and now we have grin, and if they did not care for us after graw, they would have ported graw2 to the PC

and not let grin have a go at it again.

i know UBI does not show their care in all the best ways, but i think letting grin do it rather then the present inhouse redstorm team is a gift to us pc gamers. but that is a totally personal opinion and interpertation of UBI behaviour.

(allowing us to have a beta forum here is one other thing that really shows some dedication to the pc gamer)

so please reconsider, you might not like the way ubi does work but they do have points you can look at in a positive way from a pc gamer point of view.

i hope this graw2 will be to your liking, as i hope that for everyone.

Recieved the E-mail, filled out and submitted the questionnaire, and that was the extent of it.

This beta-testing is rather taxing, I'm bushed. :shifty:

Everyone here seems to be giving the devs a pass on all this mis-management, be it content, marketing or testing, blaming it all on the pub, what I'm really curious about is just where or when will the Bros. GRIN's attempt to save the sinking ship that is :AW2 ? Does the lure of future contract work from Ubi trump any and all responsibility to their product and/or consumers?

Still treading.

what I'm really curious about is just where or when will the Bros. GRIN's attempt to save the sinking ship that is :AW2 ? Does the lure of future contract work from Ubi trump any and all responsibility to their product and/or consumers?

Show me the company Balance sheet and cash reserves for GRiN and I'll tell you the answer......