Sgt. Olsen's Ulitmate Mod Compilation

Mother

This is an experiment and I want to see people test and and tell me what they think. It is a very early version, that I threw together rather quickly. The textures are done by me, and I'm quite an amateur, so dont criticize :P Here is a portion copied from the readme:

I thought I would throw together a bunch of mods that I thought were exemplary and enhance what I think would be a great GRAW experience. With this mod, you get a complete conversion of visuals and a bit of tweaking on my part. I feel that it is balanced, realistic, and makes the game rather fun. Nothing off the wall here, so dont expect to carry multiple primary weapons or run really fast. If you would like something like that, I would recommend the OGN mod (which is done very well to say the least). Here are the list of things I have borrowed/tweaked to make the mod what it is:

-Brettzie's M4 mod with all the attachments (has been retextured with a spray paint look to match the multicam uniform)

-I have taken Snowfella's Muesoc and retextured it to look like the modern "desert warrior" variant of the 1911.

-I have applied the 151 Armory v2 to all the other default weapons (thanks to those who created that mod).

-I have retextured the M249 Para with a camo job, different from the M4, but still blends well.

-I have darkened the texture of the M9.

-I have installed Digitally TC's Multicam texture for the Ghosts's texture

-I have retextured the Glock18 with a Tan lower frame, given it a 25 round magazine capacity, and allowed it to use the supressor (with modified sounds).

-I have turned the Barret into a 5 round semi-auto version.

-I have increased magazine carrying capacity to a more realistic loadout to today's standards.

QUICK NOTE: do not use the eotech on the m4, I do not have it working yet.

(If you notice anything else different let me know)

INSTALLATION:

This mod will take the place of your entire english folder (or rename whatever you like, just be sure to activate in context.xml)

1. Backup original "language" folder.

2. Unrar into "local" folder.

3. Be sure this file is activiated.

4. Play game.

5. Have fun.

6. Repeat step 5 continually.

THIS COMPILATION IS IN ITS EARLY STAGES AND I'M SURE IT NEEDS MORE WORK. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR WHAT NOT, CONTACT ME. I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR ANY OF THE MODS OR MODELS AND GRATITUDE GOES TO THE RESPECTED MEMBERS OF THE MODDING COMMUNITY.

I'm sure there will be many versions to come, so let's all work together and please send me feedback so I can improve this to its potential.

Thank you,

Sgt. Olsen

Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/13960122/d90d5...ompilation.html

Let me know how it goes, but don't flame me, I'm not claiming any of the models and such as my own, Ive just done what I think needs to be done--combine everything great into one ultimate mod (hopefully).

Edited by Mother

Of course you asked permission from the original authors before attempting this endeavor?

-I have taken Snowfella's Muesoc and retextured it to look like the modern "desert warrior" variant of the 1911.

-I have applied the 151 Armory v2 to all the other default weapons (thanks to those who compliled that mod).

Either that or given credit where the readme asks. All bases covered. If any of the original creators have any issues, please let me know. I can delete/fix anything that offends or exploits. I want to make sure that everyone knows that this mod contains many things that are not my creation, but it was put together to put forth everything I think is essential to enhance the look and gameplay of GRAW.

Edited by Mother

Let me know how it goes, but don't flame me, I'm not claiming any of the models and such as my own, Ive just done what I think needs to be done--combine everything great into one ultimate mod (hopefully).

Please note that even if you don't claim any of the models as your own, you NEED to gain permission from those whose work you are including in your compilation.

GR.net has a stance that against "stolen" work and a compilation without permission is considered "stolen" by us. There is other compilations that are not mentioned here for this very reason.

Good luck.

Just trying to help you out, Mother. People put a lot of time and effort into creating their work and all they ask is for permission ahead of time. If I'm not mistaken, many of the readme's for the released material states that reuse without permission is prohibited.

If you have trouble finding anyone, let us know. Many of us know where to find some of the old time modders. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

the pics look nice, but you do seem to have a layering problem and i can't really make out the paint in the first pic, but the woodland looks awesome :thumbsup: i had only seen one operator paint his sidearm and we all ribbed him for it because it just was not necessary. i would have recommended leaving that alone, but to each their own. anyway, nice to see the pics and i will definitely add your camo schemes for the m4, thanks!

The sidearm isnt painted, its a model of the .45 called the "Desert Warrior". I know its a cardinal rule not to paint your sidearm, but this one was designed by Kimber for desert environments. No custom painting involved ;). The real thing:

DesertWarrior_left.jpg

Trust me, I've done my research ;)

ok, good to hear and i definitely was not questioning your research. i just can't wait to install this mod and use it. have you ever thought about adding little touches like "butt numbers" on the buttstock and adding scratches. also, would be cool if you could explore the possibility of having the camo paint look worn. i like the weps to have a bit of a worn look due to all the training we did the weps began looking worn quickly. just throwing out some ideas.

Edited by bugkill

actually, when you look closely on some parts of the guns, there are scratches and wear points. I didnt do anything extravagant like sandblasting (since it's not in iraq), but I did do wear-points that I remember from when I used to have a painted m4 (only an airsoft version, mind you, sorry no military experience, just a geek I guess).

Since I have a month of summer vacation, I might update it a little and add more wear-and-tear and also use an updated skin for the MC.

Also like I said earlier, Im going to make an ACU version with Brettzie's latest M4/M16/SPR/Mk23 masterpiece.

Edited by Mother

i would say it is up to you if you want to paint the optics. some times we had camo weps, but some of us had our optics painted and some did'nt. you sometimes get assigned a weapon that is already painted and when you got your optic, some just did'nt bother or did not have enough time. i would say don't paint all of the optics, but it would not matter if you did paint them all. great pics by the way :thumbsup:

You bring up a good point about the 18C. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination and pretend its not an 18C.

As far as the SCARs go, what's your opinion? As of now, its kept with the TFW paintjobs. I feel as if it fits the futuristic look of the possibility that the military could produce the weapons with synthetic camouflage pre-installed on the weapons.

Thanks for your comments.