GRAW 2 Beta has started

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Spook. Keep your chin up as much as you can. We're rooting for ya.

I feel a bit dirty. I scarfed a buddy's FP login, and joined the Beta using my email. He's not going to test it so he won't mind.

For those of you interested. Find a friend who has a FP subscription, then just use your information for the Beta application. It doesn't check or verify it with the FP subscription.

Now if anyone from GRIN is reading this, I wouldn't have had to do this if you guys could get UBI to get their act together....

Good Luck Spook. Keep your chin up as much as you can. We're rooting for ya.

I feel a bit dirty. I scarfed a buddy's FP login, and joined the Beta using my email. He's not going to test it so he won't mind.

For those of you interested. Find a friend who has a FP subscription, then just use your information for the Beta application. It doesn't check or verify it with the FP subscription.

Now if anyone from GRIN is reading this, I wouldn't have had to do this if you guys could get UBI to get their act together....

for one subscriber login though it issues the same key. That means do not use one of someone who is actually going to test it, or his will not work.

I guess it's a good thing i signed up today... mine is downloading to pc at home (gotta love remote) and i e-mailed myself the key + forum key

See you all in beta (if not after)

I'm betting subscribers get 1st crack at the keys then it will open up afterward.

FP is like this most of the time. I'll be keeping a hawk's eye over the page.

is this some money scheme just to help gamespy generate extra cash for beta testing? damn!, appears i need to be in a mafia and bribe my way in...no thanks, i'll wait for a demo, if there is one. oh wait, it might be a $9.99 pay to play demo too. way to go UBISCHAFT!!!

is this some money scheme just to help gamespy generate extra cash for beta testing? damn!, appears i need to be in a mafia and bribe my way in...no thanks, i'll wait for a demo, if there is one. oh wait, it might be a $9.99 pay to play demo too. way to go UBISCHAFT!!!

Agreed. I'm not paying FP one thin dime to be a tester.

Question, was this the same deal in GRAW1 Beta testing?

How about those of us who got the invite only to be shut out by a silly expiration date.... :(

Same here... Got the invite, I answered all the questions too, prior to the expiration date... Now waiting for the link to d/l... Doesn't look like it's gonna happen... Screwed up or what!!!

Edited by Stormin

there wasn't any beta testing before GRAW1 released. none whatsoever. But the beta testing for patches they sent emails to players to download the beta patch.

But this is by far the hugest soup sandwich I've ever seen in a gaming company.

by the fact gamespy is used yet again and the screenshot here I don't think they adjusted or made the clipping distance fixes. people say, "well the hardware can't handle it." well, maybe, but that was an issue early on in GR as well. so my optimism is fading...

Edited by Papa6

there wasn't any beta testing before GRAW1 released. none whatsoever. But the beta testing for patches they sent emails to players to download the beta patch.

But this is by far the hugest soup sandwich I've ever seen in a gaming company.

Hmm it was, a smal one but there were a beta test before Graw1. They held it at GRiN in Stockholm and it was for some invited few.

ok let me get this straight we are supposed to pay $40 to beta test a game for ubi so that it doesn't have bugs,so that ubi can sell this game for $50 and make a $90 profit off of us??Makes sense if u work for ubi,but not to me.I understand a reason to beta test the game before it hits the shelf but paying to do it makes no sense.If this is really the way its going to work ill wait until crysis comes out on EA and graw 2 can sit on the shelf as a $29 game right next to its twin graw.

Hmmm, I see no sign of an email with my name on it..

Hopefully something comes soon...

I know they can only select a certain amout of testers.. I just hope those that do get the email and register put some heart into it and actually beta test... I am hoping out of hte let say 200 people they signed up (what ever the real number is) some of them actual have beta testing in their resume.. No offense to those that actually take the job seriously..

Not giving up hope

Edited by IrishStout

Hmmm, I see no sign of an email with my name on it..

Hopefully something comes soon...

I know they can only select a certain amout of testers.. I just hope those that do get the email and register put some heart into it and actually beta test... I am hoping out of hte let say 200 people they signed up (what ever the real number is) some of them actual have beta testing in their resume.. No offense to those that actually take the job seriously..

Not giving up hope

Yeh, man see my other post:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42997

I've done testing for Patch 1.3 GRAW1, Lord of the Rings Online Beta 3 (which was closed), and STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl. Hot diggity damn.

you know, this reminds me, of a saying i once learned. It goes.. if something looks like a dog, acts like a dog and smells like a dog..It is a dog. paying $40 to test a beta of a game everyone to some degree is apprehensive about GRAW2 bcz of GRAW1, then UBISOFT and Grin can keep their game.

to me , this is tantamount to how GRAW went, all the hype and excitement only to be BS'd. I don't know about you lads and lasses but, I'm thinking that Ubisoft is fast becoming another developer of those games that sell for $19.95 on release. <_<

I am just curious? I do not want to come to any conclusion yet until I know all the facts. Is the only way to Beta Test GRAW2 is with a subscription to FilePlanet or one of it's subsidiaries?

Has anyone received an invitation who is not a subscriber and actually DL the beta?

("please tell me yes, not because it would mean I have not been choosen but because this will be yet another unsuccesfully managed event by UBI")

("I really like GRIN and I am trying to really like UBI but the make it sooo hard")

I am just curious? I do not want to come to any conclusion yet until I know all the facts. Is the only way to Beta Test GRAW2 is with a subscription to FilePlanet or one of it's subsidiaries?

Has anyone received an invitation who is not a subscriber and actually DL the beta?

("please tell me yes, not because it would mean I have not been choosen but because this will be yet another unsuccesfully managed event by UBI")

("I really like GRIN and I am trying to really like UBI but the make it sooo hard")

You got it Irishstout, i tried to into the beta test myself and saw the monthly prices etc and said "F--- No!"

they have to be smoking crack. Gamespy is THE WORST online gaming multiplayer system there is. back in the day it was good and did fairly well but, now it's just crap.

you know, this reminds me, of a saying i once learned. It goes.. if something looks like a dog, acts like a dog and smells like a dog..It is a dog. paying $40 to test a beta of a game everyone to some degree is apprehensive about GRAW2 bcz of GRAW1, then UBISOFT and Grin can keep their game.

to me , this is tantamount to how GRAW went, all the hype and excitement only to be BS'd. I don't know about you lads and lasses but, I'm thinking that Ubisoft is fast becoming another developer of those games that sell for $19.95 on release. <_<

IF it is true that you need to be a GameSpy subscriber, at $40, to be a beta tester, then this is an absolute, unmitigated, bold-faced example of how little respect Ubi has for the PC gamer.

Rather than support GRAW1 with some $19 expansion packs (ala [GR]), UBISHAFT moves right to the sequel with another $50 price tag... and then they want people to pay $40 help them TEST it?

Can one company REALLY be this bad?

-jk

Callsign 3Point

IF it is true that you need to be a GameSpy subscriber, at $40, to be a beta tester, then this is an absolute, unmitigated, bold-faced example of how little respect Ubi has for the PC gamer.

Rather than support GRAW1 with some $19 expansion packs (ala [GR]), UBISHAFT moves right to the sequel with another $50 price tag... and then they want people to pay $40 help them TEST it?

Can one company REALLY be this bad?

-jk

Callsign 3Point

irregardless of the cost of the gamespy pricetag, why should it cost to test THEIR game? aren't WE doing THEM the favor of finding bugs? well guys, what do you think? this isn't starting off right is it?

irregardless of the cost of the gamespy pricetag, why should it cost to test THEIR game? aren't WE doing THEM the favor of finding bugs? well guys, what do you think? this isn't starting off right is it?

Well, reading this thread there are some who apparently are going to participate in the beta test but I cannot believe Ubi forcing the beta through GameSpy and requiring subscriptions to do so. That ranks right up there with the idea of putting screen doors on a submarine... just a little brainpower would tell someone that requiring a $40 subscription for a BETA test might not seem a terribly "customer friendly" idea.

That being said, if you've already spent $40 for GameSpy (as some apparently have done) then it's essentially free to you and I say Good Luck in testing.

Personally, this ranks up there with Ubi delaying GRAW2/PC without so much as an announcement... a total and complete lack of respect for their market.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

You all make it sound like Ubi is getting the money for signing up for Fileplanet and that the money only allows you to do the GRAW 2 beta instead of all the other crap that a file planet account has. It's just pathetic that people instantly blame Ubi for this. Anyone realize that FilePlanet has done this in the past? They give their paid members benefits, that's why you PAY! You PAY to be allowed to beta test a new game, access to demos a few days early, etc etc.

Some people need to quit their bitching and look around before they open their mouths again.

You all make it sound like Ubi is getting the money for signing up for Fileplanet and that the money only allows you to do the GRAW 2 beta instead of all the other crap that a file planet account has. It's just pathetic that people instantly blame Ubi for this. Anyone realize that FilePlanet has done this in the past? They give their paid members benefits, that's why you PAY! You PAY to be allowed to beta test a new game, access to demos a few days early, etc etc.

Some people need to quit their bitching and look around before they open their mouths again.

Nut.. Ubi is the one that RUNS (authorizes, administers, etc) the beta... they could have run this privately with Grin without GameSpy/FilePlanet. The root cause of the decision is UBI... not GameSpy/FilePlanet.

And don't think for a moment that Ubi isn't getting a little kickback from GameSpy/FilePlanet for letting them run the beta... please...

-jk