Ghost Recon.net Forums

Registration phase starts 11 Apr for MP beta test

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah that's a bit retarded in my opinion. Testing in itself takes more than a few days, and not everybody sits on their butt and has the time to look at everything. Two weeks is a bit more reasonable, therefore you can get various opinions and other bits depending on the schedule of the person doing the testing.

Well. Actually, 3 to 5 days for a single game mode and a single map is more than acceptable for a single regression (test sweep). In other words, get your bugs written and submitted in those few days, compelte the first sweep, get an update, then sweep again.

I would hope, however, that they do a few regression runs to ensure that bugs get fixed and not just "changed", and they make sure they don't introduce new ones in the process.

5 days is not too short or retarded at all for a singpe game type and a single level for a single sweep run. and about 3 sweeps should do the trick if this is truly a beta and not an alpha.

That's a good point, but still in some cases it's kinda short though, just for one type, and most people don't just look at one thing, but whatever I guess, it's not my schedule either :)

The only problem is it should be longer than 5

days of beta testing.

Keep in mind that the other betas (MP3) originally listed a short run timeframe, and then was extended (3 versions) as bugs/problems were found and worked on.

I hope there's an editor in the beta, love to test it out.......
Ditto!

:thumbsup: I hope so, I've played other beta's and they've been going on

for 2 months etc. But I felt 3-5 days is short to get your teeth into...

How many remember the missing light mapped walls etc in strong point etc.

not an actual bug but a cosmetic flaw.

Editor plz....

Wonder if there will be a forum setup here for GRAW2 Beta?

We will have a Beta forum ONLY if the one doesn't work at Ubi.com such as what happened last time. Someone will just need to let an admin here know and provide us with some information.

Still no love for me and Peace who tested beta. We never got our invitation :(

Did you test 1.35, or 1.30 or both?

Both MP2 and MP3

1st was closed beta and 2nd was open.

Same with Peace.

2 other of our members that did got the e-mail

Both MP2 and MP3 also. Though I do remember getting the email for the closed beta like 2 days after everybody else. Not sure what happened there. Maybe it was a glitch in the system and I really wasn't supposed to get one.

Oh well, I would love to beta GRAW2 but it's not the end of the world if I don't. So good luck to those who do, have fun and go squash some bugs.

Unfortunately, I got the email as well, but because I was out of town I didn't attempt to register until Saturday am. Then it was expired. I have emailed everyone I can think of (besides GRIN staff - even though I have some of their emails they don't need to be bothered with something like this). However I have not received a response from anyone regarding the beta. Tomorrow the public registration opens so I guess I'll have to apply for that at this point.

I was in the public beta and also worked with a few server admins privately with GRIN on some server issues. I would have really liked to participate in the beta and feel that I could have contributed positively to the process. I'll just have to see if I make it into the public beta now....

Unfortunately, I got the email as well, but because I was out of town I didn't attempt to register until Saturday am. Then it was expired. I have emailed everyone I can think of (besides GRIN staff - even though I have some of their emails they don't need to be bothered with something like this). However I have not received a response from anyone regarding the beta. Tomorrow the public registration opens so I guess I'll have to apply for that at this point.

I was in the public beta and also worked with a few server admins privately with GRIN on some server issues. I would have really liked to participate in the beta and feel that I could have contributed positively to the process. I'll just have to see if I make it into the public beta now....

hope too see you there also film as your feedback was very helpful. I wonder who those server admins were? ;)

As i stated before though if the beta needs a private ts tell me and i'll up one, password it and pass it on to one of the testers.

Where does it say that?

If you are ready to join our team of beta testers, you have until Sunday April 8th to register. The beta test should start on Wednesday April 11th.

?!!

Hey, Roco, have you gotten your second email from Ubi with dl link and key yet?

Yep for the 1st answer and nope for the 2nd... I never got a beta tester e-mail even though i beta tested MP2 and MP3 in GRAW1 :( Neither did Peace

Where does it say that?

If you are ready to join our team of beta testers, you have until Sunday April 8th to register. The beta test should start on Wednesday April 11th.

?!!

Hey, Roco, have you gotten your second email from Ubi with dl link and key yet?

Yep for the 1st answer and nope for the 2nd... I never got a beta tester e-mail even though i beta tested MP2 and MP3 in GRAW1 :( Neither did Peace

Same =[

Oh well, Not like Ive been around much with moving and all. Hope it goes well with the testing. Good luck, make us proud.

Where does it say that?

The website news says signup starts on the 11th. So that would be for everyone who didn't get an e-mail.