is graw 2(360) really run n gun?

cajun47

run n gun as in one can run and shoot pretty accurately? or is it not that bad like some say?

It is pretty much run and gun. You have very unrealistic accuracy when moving, especially with sniper rifles. Plus you run faster. If you like you games faster paced then its the game for you. If you like slower tactical games then play with the right bunch of people.

Online, last man standing, with the right players, feels very Ghost Recon esque. Single player.. not so much, but the general belief shared by most of the GRAW 2 360 community is if played right with the right people, the game kicks ass and becomes one hell of a tactical shooter.

Playing coop or LMS with no respawns is as [GR] as it gets. Coop with only 2 or 3 requires a lot of team work and the voice comms really makes that work. LMS is slow, cautious, a lot of peeking and scanning. The coop I have played with no respawns is as good as the [GR] coop I used to play at TG and Alpha servers. Simply put, turn off the respawns.

Edited by Kurtz

Playing coop or LMS with no respawns is as [GR] as it gets. Coop with only 2 or 3 requires a lot of team work and the voice comms really makes that work. LMS is slow, cautious, a lot of peeking and scanning. The coop I have played with no respawns is as good as the [GR] coop I used to play at TG and Alpha servers. Simply put, turn off the respawns.

Building on that foundation........

As you have more players in the room the AI ramps-up to compensate. Rooms of 4, 6, and even 8 are fun...but after that the AI just isn't a challenge....as you might expect. With so many human players the system cannot compensate for the shotgun approach your team naturally creates.

If you ask me, this game hits a zenith at 4 players no-respawn. With 4 guys they seem to have the AI tweaked just right resulting in a very hard mission. At 4 players the game requires tactics, careful movement, and cooperation to complete it. Generally most 4 man teams I have played with lose 1 or 2 men to enemy fire. This is good.

The AI, while still just AI, is randomly placed and does some surprising things from time to time.

Furthermore, playing with a squad of buddies with something other than 4 grenadier class soldiers adds to the fun. Often we run with one of each class.

One guy on your team that doesn't stick with the group generally gets chewed up when you have a room of 4. On top of that , when he does his own thing it can really screw up the AI on the board and result in you being surrounded or having enemies coming at your flank once they switch to you as a target.

2 or 3 players is fun as well....but perhaps not as high-end tactical as 4 can be.

Absolutely agree. 3 to 5 guys working as a team with comms is as good as it gets. The key is to get people to agree to no respawns, that is what makes the game tactical. It's true, if people go off on their own, they don't last a minute.

Playing no respawns makes any gametype more tactical and interesting.

You have very unrealistic accuracy when moving, especially with sniper rifles.

I can't believe you didn't comment on (agree with) this comment Ick!!! You've perfected the art of shooting from the hip (while in a dead run) with your M107 sniper rifle. :D The devs need to take a much closer look at the success of running and gunning with sniper rifles.

I can't agree more on what someone said about playing with the right people. Our community is all about tactics and slowing down the pace. The simplest thing to do, in order to avoid R&G, is to not play sharpshooter and only play no-respawn game types (maybe even limited respawns).

I can't believe you didn't comment on (agree with) this comment Ick!!! You've perfected the art of shooting from the hip (while in a dead run) with your M107 sniper rifle. :D The devs need to take a much closer look at the success of running and gunning with sniper rifles.

I can't agree more on what someone said about playing with the right people. Our community is all about tactics and slowing down the pace. The simplest thing to do, in order to avoid R&G, is to not play sharpshooter and only play no-respawn game types (maybe even limited respawns).

Pabes,

You have me confused with another player. I like to snipe from distances over 150 meters and pick my shots carefully. I only use a maximum of 10 shots per game. OK, perhaps 11 rounds if I take an advance position that is somewhat aggressive. But generally I play really conservative and back from the front lines.

Seriously....the only problem I have with sniper accuracy is after the first shot. With the 50 cal cannons my second shot (after recoil) should hit the moon or China.....they probably should reduce the accuracy of the second shot to a very, almost exaggerated, representation like that.

Laying prone let the accuracy where it stands. Perhaps if I am standing or crouched against a wall or cover......but moving crouched or prone...that SECOND 50 cal shot would probably land me on my butt......if the first shot didn't do it.

Now with the other sniper rifles....these SHOULD have a pretty tight close quarters grouping the way I play.

If I come round a corner and I dump a mag with an SVD, I am going to be alble to deliver a tight grouping as the rifle does now. Other than a slight increase in kick.....I don't see the other sniper rifles as much different than any other weapon on single shot.....especially when using sniper rifle irons and not the scope.