Ghost Recon.net Forums

Puzzle on Ubi page?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The header graphic on the Ubi forums looks a bit wierd today, and there is some code in small writing...

Initiative will pass (in Russian?)

"The initiative will proceed as planned."

28.55.58.33 - 80.60.47.22 >>JSF<< //

RD HORS

HGT: 1.9 m WGT: 101 Kilos

Rev 6:4

Looks like their graphic part anyway got hacked.

Kids today can be so ingenius. All we ever had was shoplifting bubble gum and trying to score a playboy. :rofl:

So, I was looking for something to post on planetrainbowsix yesterday, and noticed that all 3 of the Tom Clancy game websites, had something odd posted, in news. JUST on the US site, though. I did not see the posts on the UK sites. That may add more to the ARG.... or it may just be a little PR thing kicking off a new franchise, or even a cross-game theme. I have no clue, really. :-) But, I DID find it odd that Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon AND Splinter Cell all had the odd news posts.

So, I was looking for something to post on planetrainbowsix yesterday, and noticed that all 3 of the Tom Clancy game websites, had something odd posted, in news. JUST on the US site, though. I did not see the posts on the UK sites. That may add more to the ARG.... or it may just be a little PR thing kicking off a new franchise, or even a cross-game theme. I have no clue, really. :-) But, I DID find it odd that Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon AND Splinter Cell all had the odd news posts.

If you click on the header it takes you to the official site and an audio file plays with a fake news report. Perhaps this has changed, but it was this way yesterday.

LOL my sound was off.

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/newspost.php?news_id=5350 is the news ... it reads

Death tolls continue

civilian fixed-wing aircraft destined for Shannon International Airport crashed yesterday in southern Ireland, leaving 52 dead, including 12 children, and 14 others wounded. The plane’s flight data recorder has not yet been recovered, but sources close to the investigation claim the plane crossed into a Flight Restriction Zone, which was only recently declared by the European Federation Wartime Aviation Administration (EFWAA). Officials could not be reached for comment.

Hmm this going on and gamespy in europe down. Someone doesn't like UBI me thinks.

Sunday 04.01.07 - General

Southeast, Decimated

In light of enemy force advancement toward Georgia’s capital of Atlanta, the southeast coast from North Carolina to Florida has been declared a disaster zone. Key losses in Augusta, Savannah and Tallahassee have forced the federal government to advise all civilians south of Chattanooga, Tennessee and west of the state of Alabama to evacuate. While analysts maintain Atlanta is the linchpin to control of the South, sufficient troops are not available to mount what would be considered an effective counterattack.

On the US Splinter Cell homepage.

Sunday 04.01.07 Water Facility Attacked

Military officials say four people died yesterday when gunmen attempted to raid a water storage facility south of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. A federal inquiry is underway, but officials refuse to comment on the ongoing investigation. This marks the fourth water related incident in the Great Lakes region since the beginning of the month, when National Guard forces were called away to active duty in the American Southeast.

Rainbow six page (US)

Edited by Malleus

Has anyone noticed that the post about the fixed wing aircraft crash was posted on April Fool's Day?

Or that there was no crash of a plane going to Shannon International on April Fool's Day?

Or that there is no European Federation Wartime Aviation Administration?

Hack? UBI practical joke? Puzzle, as Rocky suggested (and may have inside information on)? We'll see.

Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon all had new news posts, that are "made up" news. None of it real. Same goes for the audio "news cast" in the background.

I have found the .mp3s for the news coverage, and posted them in a forum post, on planetrainbowsix. There are 10, and I don't want to re-type it all out.

Edited by rifter

What could Ubi be trying to tell us here? :hmm:

This reminds me of the marketing emails I got for Rainbow Six Vegas that had fake videos and stuff of terrorists infiltrating Vegas. It was pretty good actually. They used real actors and everything. Really made me want to get the game.

The one thing that makes me think these are not April fools jokes is that they aren't funny. So you can't really call them jokes.

Edited by Demanufakture

There's a sidebar Flash movie for GRAW2 that flickers seemingly randomly. It's not. It's scripted in such a way that if you open the movie in a blank page (as in not embedded in a web page, but standalone) there's quite a bit of data that appears "offscreen". I managed a screencap and quick edit job to assemble a face.

While I personally find this whole thing silly, I thought I would at least play along for a bit.

post-154-1175637236_thumb.jpg

Nice going Dannik!

That picture looks frightenly like Roco when someone tries to take an unfinished beer from his table.

LOL!

I think it's a sign for from the game gods... that all hope of GRAW2 ever being released is slowly fading away.

well the latest EGM says that UBI will announce a new game based on the Tom Clancy franchise in their next issue so i would assume this is all apart of the unveiling.

now i'm don't know very much about the military but i saw Red Horse in the planet rainbow breakdown and came across this http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/age...f/redhorse.htm

so could it be that the news clips are what Red Horse has to respond to? And is this what the objective of the user will be "Their major wartime responsibilities are to provide a highly mobile, rapidly deployable, civil engineering response force that is self-sufficient to perform heavy damage repair required for recovery of critical Air Force facilities and utility systems, and aircraft launch and recovery. In addition, they accomplish engineer support for beddown of weapon systems required to initiate and sustain operations in an austere bare base environment, including remote hostile locations."

Edited by Rawker

Nice going Dannik!

That picture looks frightenly like Roco when someone tries to take an unfinished beer from his table.

no, that's George W. Bush

Sometimes Dannik scares me how awesome he can be. I have to check my six making sure he's not behind me :huh:

I'm telling you, the next game is going to be Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Team Rainbow Six Advanced Wafighter and will just be Mitchell and Keller launching nukes at Mexico the whole time.

Edited by luger

There's a sidebar Flash movie for GRAW2 that flickers seemingly randomly. It's not. It's scripted in such a way that if you open the movie in a blank page (as in not embedded in a web page, but standalone) there's quite a bit of data that appears "offscreen". I managed a screencap and quick edit job to assemble a face.

While I personally find this whole thing silly, I thought I would at least play along for a bit.

Any body else see a resemblance

WantedSniper.jpg

Image taken from the AG-RS forums <_<

You guys are well switched on, the rest of the net is following your lead.

I wonder if it can be all be broken before more comes out.