Puzzle on Ubi page?

Rocky

Hey, I heard somebody mentioned something about a Red Horse. I don't know if any1 noticed this but at the bottom of the transmission it reads Rev 6:4. I went online and looked for the bible verse from the book of Revelations and here is what it says:

REV 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Notice in the beginning it mentions a red horse. Don't know if the bible verse has any relation to the transmission. But its sure worth checking out.

Not to bring a biblical debate here but, From my bible studies Rev 6:4 comes after the opening of the second seal, and verse 4(6:4) means that the opening of the second seal brings war and lack of peace. The sword normally in biblical studies means armed conflict, so Christ said he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. So the sword is literal. so robbers who use guns do die by a gun..police weapons at times. soldiers live by using a sword(weapons0 so they too die by the weapon(sword).

But one part of revelation says at one point that 1/4 of the world will be consumed by fire. alot of theologians concur that possibly a nuclear war will take place.

but this game sounds VERY strange. a GR meets Rainbow6? oh boy not good.

Reading more into this... die by fire... could it be firehawk?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, anyway, Splintercell's franchise sux, Rainbow6...remember the one before vegas? Vegas? well, there you have it. GRAW was a let down. GRAW2 is still out for deliberation.. but when you collide three franchises, two of which we know suck, what an ugly mess!

I don't have a good feeling about this in ANY way.

Well in theory I think the idea of merging all 3 TC games into one is great. But if the elements from each series that are incorporated into the new one are similar to current games (particularly Vegas and Double Agent, GRAW I am fine with for the most part), your right, this can't be good. The number one reason is because I can gaurantee it will have 3rd person peak. For some reason UBI thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

All in all, we've got a whole lotta nothin'. Given Ubisofts PR track record (or rather lack thereof), you should all ask yourself: "Exactly how excited should I really be?". My answer is "not a whole lot, yet".

You know how the saying goes: "Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". In other words, it may be great, it may not. Time will tell. Getting all hyped at this point is a waste of time, IMHO.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you.

Party pooper...... Party pooper

Sorry, my wife sings me that when I start to complain about anything. I don't think the excitement is over the game, but it's more about trying to solve the mystery. After that is solved then we can bash on UBI.

Yeah I agree. I am enjoying trying to figure all this stuff out. I mean regardless of whether or not UBI botches this new game, its still pretty cool to speculate about this brave new world in the Clancyverse.

OK OK, hold your fire :lol:

Yes, it is admittedly fun to speculate. Here we are, as far as I can tell, looking at some sort of hi-tech memory extract from this guy who doesn't seem to be doing all that well. Despite the future dates, the snippets of info may in fact refer to something that has already happened, since it is (possibly) part of his memory, and it may take place even further into the future. It's fun to speculate, I agree.

But there's a fine line between speculation and educated guesses (not to mention WAG's) and getting all hyped up about a game because of a website that doesn't really tell us all that much. It could be a 2D platform game for all we know. It probably isn't, but we really don't have any way of knowing.

All I'm saying is: It's fine to be interested, curious and a bit excited about this (I am too), just don't go jumping off the deep end just yet. It's a PR stunt, and an impressive one at that (not quite what I've become accustomed to from Ubisoft).

Respectfully

krise madsen

reading this last page, not the whole thread, it feels like an arg...

(arg=alternate reality game) in the way you are looking at it

as i have been following an ARG at an other forum it is funny to see simular behaviour here (note my sig is part of the an arg about a future discribed by the new NIN YZ album and has something about a special force called the 105th and that reminds me a lot of graw in one way)

i'm not saying it is an arg, but you would do well if it was one :D

I wouldn't call it an ARG, even if it looks like one. I think this is simple viral marketing. There's no alternate reality here, just some cryptic info for people to chew on.

Although my first thought was "geez, what a Year Zero ripoff!".

Edited by Malleus

I woke up the sleeping guy!

One of the "Classified message" headings in the scrolling text to the right on rev65.com wakes up the sleeping guy and gives him a flashback to a battle.

There are shadow images of soldiers, and Osprey and an Abrams tank, and I heard something like.

"Alpha company we have to take the plaza at all cost, we're prepared to take heavy casualties but we cannot retreat"

"Tanks are moving up the river as fast as they can sir"

Edit: click on 0139100 Classified ** Lo 19.20

Edited by Scubaman3D

I found another link that says something like "Red Horse is clear to engage targets at A- companie's position"

And then references to armor coming on your 6, then a ringing sound and gunfire then silence.

I'm assuming thats how the sleeping guy got there...

Also, check Revelations 8:11

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

This fits nicely with the water storage facility being robed and black marketeering of water in those transitions.

Edited by Scubaman3D

BTW, the admins here are very quick to move threads out of an unrelated forum into one more appropriate for the topic. But, this thread is not related to GRAW, or GRAW 2, so why has it not been moved to a more general forum? Unless it is about GRAW....

After all, the OP is an admin. I wonder if they know more than they're saying....

' date='Apr 7 2007, 03:22 PM' post='458946']

BTW, the admins here are very quick to move threads out of an unrelated forum into one more appropriate for the topic. But, this thread is not related to GRAW, or GRAW 2, so why has it not been moved to a more general forum? Unless it is about GRAW....

After all, the OP is an admin. I wonder if they know more than they're saying....

LOL, let me nip that one in the bud - I don't know anything more than the rest of the posters, probably less in fact as I can't keep up!

I will move this to the PC games forum though is it probably is not directly related to GRAW 2.

But, you guys all hate ubisoft games, so, why does this matter?

Anyway, cool find from Kotaku, dunno if you guys caught it yet:

http://splintercell.us.ubi.com/

http://rainbowsixgame.us.ubi.com/

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/

They all tie together. Epic crossover clancygame, for sure.

I like Vegas, GRAW360, and Splinter cell, so I'm excited. Everyone who doesn't probably shouldn't get their hopes up.

' date='Apr 7 2007, 10:22 AM' post='458946']

I kept looking at this thread and trying to decide where to move it to as it is unknown if it really is a game nor if it is for PC or console or if this is just a general off topic discussion. So I was waiting for more information to determine where to put it. :hmm:

If it is determined this isn't the right spot, it will get moved again. :lol:

well, anyway, Splintercell's franchise sux, Rainbow6...remember the one before vegas? Vegas? well, there you have it. GRAW was a let down. GRAW2 is still out for deliberation.. but when you collide three franchises, two of which we know suck, what an ugly mess!

Dude, don't be ignorant. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everybody else doesn't like'em. If you got a problem with'em, simple solution: Don't play them and go along doing other things that you people do.

Dude, don't be ignorant. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everybody else doesn't like'em. If you got a problem with'em, simple solution: Don't play them and go along doing other things that you people do.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sleepdoc

I woke up the sleeping guy!

One of the "Classified message" headings in the scrolling text to the right on rev65.com wakes up the sleeping guy and gives him a flashback to a battle.

There are shadow images of soldiers, and Osprey and an Abrams tank, and I heard something like.

"Alpha company we have to take the plaza at all cost, we're prepared to take heavy casualties but we cannot retreat"

"Tanks are moving up the river as fast as they can sir"

Edit: click on 0139100 Classified ** Lo 19.20

There are many shadows when it's awake.

1 of a cross waving

Multiple battles

a Women in a wedding dress

a kid and mom then the mom screams and the kid crys

one of the battle scenes shows a soldier with a skull and crossbones like a pirate on his helment

and 1 reference to splinter cell

Whew. Finally got to the end.

So I'll toss this one out there, since I haven't seen it come up yet:

This sounds huge, and I don't just mean the hype, I mean the scale within the game. Granted, given the way the TC franchise does things, you'll have a lot of "global info/intel" support, so it's not like the game has to cover every location/incident referenced here, but if it were to even try to, the first thing that comes to my mind is Real Time Strategy.

Perhaps it's the second coming of Force 21? :D

You know, just because it seems to be combining 3rd and 1st Person action titles doesn't mean the gameplay has to work out that way. After all, the scale of the info is coming in very much at the strategic level.

Of course, I'm not putting my money on that. The biggest reason to speculate it's not an RTS is that consoles are currently Ubi's baby (and rightly so, at least from a market standpoint). That's not impossible to do, but it'll be rough.

L12 SC LFG!

Well, as long as I was specumalating, thought I'd throw a wild one out there. Howabout a TC MMO?

NEED GHOST FOR PLAZA RAID! PST!

:D

Is it possible there is only one game and it is an RTS not a FPS shooter?

I believe most of us here think it is ONE game. As for it being an RTS, that's something I was thinking myself because of the World War 3 setting. Sounds to big and epic to be a simple FPS, and I don't see any other way you get to play different military units from Ghost Recon to Rainbow Six.

I believe most of us here think it is ONE game. As for it being an RTS, that's something I was thinking myself because of the World War 3 setting. Sounds to big and epic to be a simple FPS, and I don't see any other way you get to play different military units from Ghost Recon to Rainbow Six.

I don't think ubi is aiming for a WW3 style RTS. World in Conflict already has a plot in which the US in under attack and is an RTS. Plus, the US under attack theme in RTS has been overplayed, can anyone say Red Alert 2?

I don't think ubi is aiming for a WW3 style RTS. World in Conflict already has a plot in which the US in under attack and is an RTS. Plus, the US under attack theme in RTS has been overplayed, can anyone say Red Alert 2?

You're right except these two games take place in altrenate realities NOT the near future. I also doubt this World War 3 will involve Soviet Russians.

Edited by GR_Ranger