ArmA English version Question

So yea, I REALLY am looking forward to getting this game, but had decided to hold off until May 1st when the US version is released. NOW, i'm starting to question my decision. Is this English version out there right now basicly the same as what I will get with the US Version? If it is so, then I do not see a reason to waite another full month to buy the same game I can get... right now. Thx.

I believe that the general expectation is that the North American version will be version 1.06. The currently available English version is 1.05. With the release of 1.05 all the prior version were unified/patched to be identical and compatible. So I think the expectation is that everyone with 1.05 will be able to patch themselves up to 1.06 without much complexity.

I know that I have purchased 1.05 based on this presumption (and have been enjoying it quite a bit). I very much hope that I am not incorrect in expecting long term compatibility and support.

I believe that the general expectation is that the North American version will be version 1.06. The currently available English version is 1.05. With the release of 1.05 all the prior version were unified/patched to be identical and compatible. So I think the expectation is that everyone with 1.05 will be able to patch themselves up to 1.06 without much complexity.

I know that I have purchased 1.05 based on this presumption (and have been enjoying it quite a bit). I very much hope that I am not incorrect in expecting long term compatibility and support.

Copy that Buehgler. That sounds like the most realistic thing that would happen. I don't see a reason why they would split up the compatibility with other countries ect. I'd hate to have to buy another ArmA when the US version is released. Difference for me is either buying ArmA this Friday, or waiting until May 1st. I obviously want it ASAP, so this Friday sounds like the better deal to me.

Quick question: The english version, is that basicly a UK version right? If I were to play SP or something, will the voices have the UK accent? If so, is there a way to get the US accent in-game for realism purposes? Thanks for the quick reply as well.

In fact, it was like ArmA English being at 1.04 and the rest at 1.02 and lower.

Then, after some days they released the 1.05 patch to unify all.

So i expect something similar:

NA release at 1.06 and some days later a 1.07 patch to make all games compatible. Actually 2 patches (one smaller to fix some bugs the NA release may have and another big which adds the "possible" new content the NA release will have to the rest of the world + the fixes).

Quick question: The english version, is that basicly a UK version right? If I were to play SP or something, will the voices have the UK accent? If so, is there a way to get the US accent in-game for realism purposes? Thanks for the quick reply as well.

It's quite American English, no use of the Queen's spelling or "proper" accents that I have noticed. In fact, I think some of the voices actually have a bit of a southern drawl.

As for probably release schedule/unification, I'll defer to bati. I was fortunate to start out with 1.05 (acquired via download from Sprocket), so I guess I completely missed out on the period of incompatibility while everyone got brought up to 1.05. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that any such event surrounding the NA release will be short.

As for probably release schedule/unification, I'll defer to bati. I was fortunate to start out with 1.05 (acquired via download from Sprocket), so I guess I completely missed out on the period of incompatibility while everyone got brought up to 1.05. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that any such event surrounding the NA release will be short.

Not sure, but i guess the 505 version (v1.04) was out on February 16th and the patch (v1.05) was going to be released by the end of the month, but they had some problems and it was released on March 2nd.

So i expect something like that if there is any new content on the NA release, by looking to some SS it looks like it will, around 2 weeks with different versions till a patch unify all of them.

EDIT: If u check this news:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1076

Reading what Maruk says u can find:

testing and feedback that may help us to improve full official patch 1.07 that will be released later.

I guess i was right, NA releases at v1.06 and a later patch v1.07 to unify all versions.

Edited by Big