New Patch?

Are there any new patches in the works and if so what will the patch Add/Fix/Alter??

I put Gr:AW aside after 1.35 as it still is not all that I wanted with Co-Op but it was close, we had too many problems, the biggest for example was hosting 4 people on a server, 3 was ok but 4 would give us dropping problems.

Are there any new patches in the works and if so what will the patch Add/Fix/Alter??

I put Gr:AW aside after 1.35 as it still is not all that I wanted with Co-Op but it was close, we had too many problems, the biggest for example was hosting 4 people on a server, 3 was ok but 4 would give us dropping problems.

Fletch,

Hosting 4 players in coop is easy pleasy and stable all day long for amny people. if you are having a problem just becuase you go from 3 to 4 players, you have some other issues..... it is not 1.35.

the most common reason for disconnects is that one player (the one getting disconnected) has less than 1 MEG of RAM in his machine. If any player has less than one meg, you got issues. if the host/server has less than one meg, you got mega issues. (I crack myself up)

but if that aint it, then...

The server has low or choppy bandwidth/ISP issues (and 4 player doesnt need much more than simple DSL speeds to get a good game in 4 player coop)

or

The guy who is getting droped is having issues at his ISP....

1.35 is rock solid 4 man coop all day, all night long and straight through church on sundays. :yes:

I'm betting someone has less than 1 meg ram in there machine and is cusaing everyone else to get dragged down.

the problem is on your end. I'm 99.99% sure of that.

and as far as everyone thinks, we expect no more patches for GRAW 1. GRAW 2 is too closet o release for that I would think.

Edited by Sleepdoc

the most common reason for disconnects is that one player (the one getting disconnected) has less than 1 MEG of RAM in his machine. If any player has less than one meg, you got issues. if the host/server has less than one meg, you got mega issues. (I crack myself up)

Erh? I guess you're referring to 1 GIG of RAM. Computer won't even start with 1 Meg. lol.

Erh? I guess you're referring to 1 GIG of RAM. Computer won't even start with 1 Meg. lol.

[/quote

:rofl:

^^ Yep, I can attest to that. 512 MB will give you disconnects all the time. Had the same issue, increasing RAM to 1GB or 1256 MB did the trick. Played for 6 hours yesterdy with 2 friends in co-op, absolutely sweet!

Oops. Yep. Gig. just a typo. probably becuase I got my engineering degree in the 80s when a meg was something impressive and somewhere in my mind, that memory still makes me misspeak occasionally. :wall:

Hey cuchillo,

I'm not sure what is funnier. My erroneous transposition of the word "Meg" for "Gig" or your complete inability to use the quotation system of this forum ......

:whistle:

:D:P

Edited by Sleepdoc

Thanks for the answer, I have 2 gigs but don't know what the others have. I have to ask them. I was thinking it might have been because we all are from different areas, (Pacific/USA/GB/Netherland)

Thanks for the answer, I have 2 gigs but don't know what the others have. I have to ask them. I was thinking it might have been because we all are from different areas, (Pacific/USA/GB/Netherland)

Hi fletch,

I run with a pretty international crowd, as do most people nowadays. So asl ong as pings are under 400 or maybe even 500, i doubt ping is cuasing your disconnects.

Get everyones RAM specs for starters. And BTW. GB and the Netherlands have smoking fast infrastructure. But what do you mean by "PAcific"? some on in Hawaii? or Fiji? :)

Oops. Yep. Gig. just a typo. probably becuase I got my engineering degree in the 80s when a meg was something impressive and somewhere in my mind, that memory still makes me misspeak occasionally. :wall:

Hey cuchillo,

I'm not sure what is funnier. My erroneous transposition of the word "Meg" for "Gig" or your complete inability to use the quotation system of this forum ......

:whistle:

:D:P

:rofl: Too funny on both counts, did they do engineering degrees in the 80s :whistle:

:rofl: Too funny on both counts, did they do engineering degrees in the 80s :whistle:

Yea smart guy. They did. :D

The key differences between then and now were...

1. My freshman year, we did not use keyboards (1981). Programming input was done with Punch Cards. My university got keyboards and dummy terminals in my sophmore year (1982)

2. The Macintosh SE was the big bad PC. Our electronics design labs were filled with Apple IIs.

3. Computer games consisted of typing in words to a main frame like "look west" and hoping the mainframe had a response....

4. My senior Thesis was done on a IBM PC XT. The "X" in XT stood for 10 (the roman numeral) Thh first ever hard drive on that model was 10 Megs. And yes. This time I used the term "Megs" correctly. :rofl:

5. We received our diplomas as etched stone tablets, like in the Flintstones.... :lol:

And BTW. GB and the Netherlands have smoking fast infrastructure. But what do you mean by "PAcific"? some on in Hawaii? or Fiji? :)

Hawaii and New Zealand.

I'm pretty Sure Hawaii is hooked in tight. Not sure whats going in with New Zeland though. But my main is guess is either too little RAM or some buggy internet service provider for one of your buddies. But RAM remains highest on the list.

Too many mods in your custom folders can also cause disconnects. Servers will drop you if it takes to long to load and with them (i think i had like 20) i started getting them. Clearing my customlevels did the trick for me.

interesting information roco and worth taking note for further requests for help.

Too many mods in your custom folders can also cause disconnects. Servers will drop you if it takes to long to load and with them (i think i had like 20) i started getting them. Clearing my customlevels did the trick for me.

interesting information roco and worth taking note for further requests for help.

:hmm:

I don`t get to play much GRAW lately, but i have over 100 in there and never have any issues. Just thought i would mention.

Tinker

:hmm:

I don`t get to play much GRAW lately, but i have over 100 in there and never have any issues. Just thought i would mention.

Tinker

Maybe it was a particular mod that made the so called anit cheat software kick in all of a sudden and end the game?